Unable to connect to server for upgrade to commander

Kent N6WT

When I try to upgrade Commander to the latest 1374 I get

"error while downloading:unable to connect to server; Upgrade aborted"

I can download the upgrade through a browser though.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

WA8Y Steven

Just abort and try it again.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018, 10:32 AM Kent Olsen <kilo6dko@...> wrote:
When I try to upgrade Commander to the latest 1374 I get

"error while downloading:unable to connect to server; Upgrade aborted"

I can download the upgrade through a browser though.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

Kent N6WT

Aborted several times. no joy.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 8:09 AM WA8Y Steven <stevenlinley1@...> wrote:
Just abort and try it again.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018, 10:32 AM Kent Olsen <kilo6dko@...> wrote:
When I try to upgrade Commander to the latest 1374 I get

"error while downloading:unable to connect to server; Upgrade aborted"

I can download the upgrade through a browser though.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

Kent N6WT

When I use a browser and go to "http://www.ambersoft.com/DXLab/Commander/Commander1374Update.exe" I get ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 8:12 AM Kent Olsen <kilo6dko@...> wrote:
Aborted several times. no joy.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 8:09 AM WA8Y Steven <stevenlinley1@...> wrote:
Just abort and try it again.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018, 10:32 AM Kent Olsen <kilo6dko@...> wrote:
When I try to upgrade Commander to the latest 1374 I get

"error while downloading:unable to connect to server; Upgrade aborted"

I can download the upgrade through a browser though.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

WA8Y Steven

I always upgrade from the launcher.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018, 10:32 AM Kent Olsen <kilo6dko@...> wrote:
When I try to upgrade Commander to the latest 1374 I get

"error while downloading:unable to connect to server; Upgrade aborted"

I can download the upgrade through a browser though.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

Peter Krüger

Stop the internet security suite - like Norton, Kasperky ... - and it may work again - there are often "challenges" after upgrades from such scanner or Windows .

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 8:12 AM Kent Olsen <kilo6dko@gmail.com <mailto:kilo6dko@gmail.com>> wrote:

Aborted several times. no joy.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 8:09 AM WA8Y Steven
<stevenlinley1@gmail.com <mailto:stevenlinley1@gmail.com>> wrote:

Just abort and try it again.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018, 10:32 AM Kent Olsen <kilo6dko@gmail.com
<mailto:kilo6dko@gmail.com>> wrote:

When I try to upgrade Commander to the latest 1374 I get

"error while downloading:unable to connect to server;
Upgrade aborted"

I can download the upgrade through a browser though.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

Kent N6WT

Yes Steve I use the Launcher also.

When the Launcher updates it downloads from "http://www.ambersoft.com/DXLab/Commander/Commander1374Update.exe". Im thinking there is a problem with the server?

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 8:32 AM Peter Krüger <pkfalkensee@...> wrote:
Stop the internet security suite - like Norton, Kasperky ... - and it
may work again - there are often "challenges" after upgrades from such
scanner or Windows .

Am 16.08.2018 um 17:21 schrieb Kent Olsen:
> When I use a browser and go to
> "http://www.ambersoft.com/DXLab/Commander/Commander1374Update.exe" I
> get ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.
>

> Thanks
> 73
> Kent
> N6WT
>

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 8:12 AM Kent Olsen <kilo6dko@...
> <mailto:kilo6dko@...>> wrote:
>
>     Aborted several times. no joy.
>
>     Thanks
>     73
>     Kent
>     N6WT
>

>     On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 8:09 AM WA8Y Steven
>     <stevenlinley1@... <mailto:stevenlinley1@...>> wrote:
>
>         Just abort and try it again.
>

>         On Thu, Aug 16, 2018, 10:32 AM Kent Olsen <kilo6dko@...
>         <mailto:kilo6dko@...>> wrote:
>
>             When I try to upgrade Commander to the latest 1374 I get
>
>             "error while downloading:unable to connect to server;
>             Upgrade aborted"
>
>             I can download the upgrade through a browser though.
>

>             Thanks
>             73
>             Kent
>             N6WT

When I try to upgrade Commander to the latest 1374 I get

"error while downloading:unable to connect to server; Upgrade aborted"

I can download the upgrade through a browser though.

+ If your web browser can access the Commander upgrade but the Launcher cannot, that sounds like anti-malware interference. Please reboot Windows into "Safe Mode with Networking". Can the Launcher now upgrade Commander?

When I use a browser and go to "http://www.ambersoft.com/DXLab/Commander/Commander1374Update.exe" I get ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.

+ I perform test installations from both web sites before announcing any upgrade. I just tested the above URL using my web browser, and it works correctly. I suspect that the problem lies on your end, or in your ISP.

Kent N6WT

Dave
Thanks
73