Topics

DXKeeper Refuses To Log Z60A

Bill Erixon

All databases are up to date but when I try to log Z60A in DXKeeper which is now in the entity pulldown list as Republic of Kosovo and DXCC  Z6,  code 522 is entered the the code field flashes red and will not complete the log.

Is there an incorrect code in the database?

Thanks,

KD0NPT

Sidney Shusterman

All of my Z6 QSOs are already confirmed via LoTW and they show code 522 with no issues.

On 3/9/2018 6:23 PM, carbide_bill@... [dxlab] wrote:

All databases are up to date but when I try to log Z60A in DXKeeper which is now in the entity pulldown list as Republic of Kosovo and DXCC  Z6,  code 522 is entered the the code field flashes red and will not complete the log.

Thanks,

KD0NPT

Bob Main

Wish my Z6 QSOs were confirmed, but maybe they will be by July 4th.

73, Bob KB4CL

Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 8:33 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: Re: [dxlab] DXKeeper Refuses To Log Z60A

All of my Z6 QSOs are already confirmed via LoTW and they show code 522 with no issues.

All databases are up to date but when I try to log Z60A in DXKeeper which is now in the entity pulldown list as Republic of Kosovo and DXCC Z6, code 522 is entered the the code field flashes red and will not complete the log.

Thanks,

KD0NPT

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Danny Douglas

INTERESTING,  Have all the z6 QSOs been confirmed to lotw?  I have 5 bands worked, and not one match yet. I even worked three of them twice, and definitely got my call right, etc.  All on cw, so far. 

N7DC@...
Ex WN5QMX,WA5UKR,ET2US,ET3USA,SV0WPP,VS6DD,N7DC/YV5/G5CTB
QSL Bureau, DIRECT, LOTW Preferred, eQSL used but upload at a courtesy only, as do not use the system for awards.

On March 9, 2018 at 8:41 PM "'Bob Main' bobmain1@... [dxlab]" <dxlab@...> wrote:

73, Bob KB4CL

All databases are up to date but when I try to log Z60A in DXKeeper which is now in the entity pulldown list as Republic of Kosovo and DXCC Z6, code 522 is entered the the code field flashes red and will not complete the log.

Thanks,

KD0NPT

Robie

Per the Z60A QRZ.com page - 

CLARIFICATION OF THE Z60A LOTW UPLOAD TIMING

The complete Z60A log will be uploaded to LoTW approximately four weeks after the current activation. The current activation will end immediately following Kosovo's 10th independence anniversary celebrations on Sunday, February, 18 2018. The additional four-week window will allow for corrections and checking for potentially busted calls.
Robie - AJ4F

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 8:37 PM, Danny Douglas n7dc@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

INTERESTING,  Have all the z6 QSOs been confirmed to lotw?  I have 5 bands worked, and not one match yet. I even worked three of them twice, and definitely got my call right, etc.  All on cw, so far. 

N7DC@...
QSL Bureau, DIRECT, LOTW Preferred, eQSL used but upload at a courtesy only, as do not use the system for awards.

On March 9, 2018 at 8:41 PM "'Bob Main' bobmain1@... [dxlab]" <dxlab@...> wrote:

73, Bob KB4CL

Thanks,

KD0NPT

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 6:24 PM
Subject: [dxlab] DXKeeper Refuses To Log Z60A

The instructions for updating the DXCC database include invoking the Recompute function at the bottom of "Check Progress" tab of DXKeeper's Main window; have you done that?

Dave, AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

If you make a donation to the Kosovo IARU Society, QSOs with Z60A will be submitted to LoTW - in my experience, within 48 hour of the QSO:

<https://secure.clublog.org/make_donation.php?call=Z60A>

All of my Z60A QSOs are confirmed via LoTW except the 30m CW QSO I made earlier today.

Dave, AA6YQ

Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 9:46 PM

The complete Z60A log will be uploaded to LoTW approximately four weeks after the current activation. The current activation will end immediately following Kosovo's 10th independence anniversary celebrations on Sunday, February, 18 2018. The additional four-week window will allow for corrections and checking for potentially busted calls.
Robie - AJ4F

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 8:37 PM, Danny Douglas n7dc@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

INTERESTING, Have all the z6 QSOs been confirmed to lotw? I have 5 bands worked, and not one match yet. I even worked three of them twice, and definitely got my call right, etc. All on cw, so far..

N7DC@...

73, Bob KB4CL

Thanks,

KD0NPT

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> Virus-free. www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

Bob Main

Well the QSL gods are not with me because I made the donation on January 28th. Again as I said earlier maybe I’ll have it by July 4th, now which year is another question, LOL.

73, Bob KB4CL

Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 10:24 PM
Subject: RE: [dxlab] DXKeeper Refuses To Log Z60A

If you make a donation to the Kosovo IARU Society, QSOs with Z60A will be submitted to LoTW - in my experience, within 48 hour of the QSO:

<https://secure.clublog.org/make_donation.php?call=Z60A>

All of my Z60A QSOs are confirmed via LoTW except the 30m CW QSO I made earlier today.

Dave, AA6YQ

Robie - AJ4F

INTERESTING, Have all the z6 QSOs been confirmed to lotw? I have 5 bands worked, and not one match yet. I even worked three of them twice, and definitely got my call right, etc. All on cw, so far..

N7DC@...

73, Bob KB4CL

Thanks,

KD0NPT

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> Virus-free. www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

W0MU

I worked Z60A today and when I go to upload the LoTW  It is unchecked and does not get uploaded.

W0MU

On 3/9/2018 8:44 PM, 'Bob Main' bobmain1@... [dxlab] wrote:

Well the QSL gods are not with me because I made the donation on January 28th. Again as I said earlier maybe I’ll have it by July 4th, now which year is another question, LOL.

73, Bob KB4CL

Dave, AA6YQ

Robie - AJ4F

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 8:37 PM, Danny Douglas n7dc@... [dxlab] wrote:

N7DC@...

On March 9, 2018 at 8:41 PM "'Bob Main' bobmain1@... [dxlab]" wrote:

73, Bob KB4CL

Thanks,

KD0NPT

Virus-free. www.avg..com

W0MU

Nevermind.  I missed an error message about the rcv freq being funky.

W0MU

On 3/10/2018 1:40 AM, W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu@... [dxlab] wrote:

I worked Z60A today and when I go to upload the LoTW  It is unchecked and does not get uploaded.

W0MU

On 3/9/2018 8:44 PM, 'Bob Main' bobmain1@... [dxlab] wrote:

73, Bob KB4CL

Dave, AA6YQ

Robie - AJ4F

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 8:37 PM, Danny Douglas n7dc@... [dxlab] wrote:

N7DC@...

On March 9, 2018 at 8:41 PM "'Bob Main' bobmain1@... [dxlab]" wrote:

73, Bob KB4CL

Thanks,

KD0NPT

Virus-free. www.avg..com

Randy Lake

I have (1) on 20cw with Z60A and has not been cfm.
Randy N1KWF

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 9:37 PM, Danny Douglas n7dc@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

N7DC@...

73, Bob KB4CL

Thanks,

KD0NPT

--
Randy Lake N1KWF
73 Gunn Rd.
Keene,NH

Bill Erixon

Well DXKeeper generates the code 522 in the proper field but at the same time flags it in flashing red text in the CODE field, so I cannot save it in DXKeeper.  This is the only call I have had trouble with in DXKeeper with 1,186 calls in the log.

Don't know anything on my end to fix this.

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 12:48 PM, carbide_bill@... [dxlab]
<dxlab@...> wrote:

Well DXKeeper generates the code 522 in the proper field but at the same time flags it in flashing red text in the CODE field, so I cannot save it in DXKeeper. This is the only call I have had trouble with in DXKeeper with 1,186 calls in the log.

Did you follow the instructions for updating the DXCC database,
including a "Recompute", as instructed by Dave?

~iain / N6ML

Joe Subich, W4TV

Have you performed "Recompute" in the "Check Progress" tab
*AS INSTRUCTED IN THE RELEASE NOTES FOR DXCC DATABASE* version
2.5.8 and 2.5.9:
http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxview/DXCC/DXCC-2.5.8.htm
and http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxview/DXCC/DXCC-2.5.9.htm

Note: the "Check Progress" tab is located on the *Main* Window.

... Joe, W4TV

On 3/11/2018 3:48 PM, carbide_bill@... [dxlab] wrote:
Well DXKeeper generates the code 522 in the proper field but at the same time flags it in flashing red text in the CODE field, so I cannot save it in DXKeeper. This is the only call I have had trouble with in DXKeeper with 1,186 calls in the log.

Danny Douglas

My eyes sometimes deceive me,  but are you typing   Z 6 oh A,  or   Z 6 zero A.  The call is supposed to be   Z 6 ZERO A.

N7DC@...

On March 11, 2018 at 3:52 PM "iain macdonnell - N6ML ar@... [dxlab]" <dxlab@...> wrote:

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 12:48 PM, carbide_bill@... [dxlab]
<dxlab@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> Well DXKeeper generates the code 522 in the proper field but at the same time flags it in flashing red text in the CODE field, so I cannot save it in DXKeeper. This is the only call I have had trouble with in DXKeeper with 1,186 calls in the log.
>
> Don't know anything on my end to fix this.

Did you follow the instructions for updating the DXCC database,
including a "Recompute", as instructed by Dave?

~iain / N6ML

Bill Erixon

Hi Dan,

Yep I was entering right but K1SEA got me straight with DXKeeper's  "recompute" button, so now all is well.

Thanks,

Bill ~KD0NPT

Brian Smithson <n8wrl@...>

Dave how bad would it be to automagically trigger recomputes when dxcc db is updated? We seem to have a wave of these problems when dxcc db updates.

73 Brian n8wrl

On Mar 11, 2018 4:25 PM, "carbide_bill@... [dxlab]" <dxlab@...> wrote:

Hi Dan,

Yep I was entering right but K1SEA got me straight with DXKeeper's  "recompute" button, so now all is well.

Thanks,

Bill ~KD0NPT

Dave AA6YQ

>>>AA6YQ comments below

Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2018 5:13 PM

Dave how bad would it be to automagically trigger recomputes when dxcc db is updated? We seem to have a wave of these problems when dxcc db updates.

>>>When you start DXKeeper after a DXCC database update that adds or removes a DXCC entity, DXKeeper offers to initiate a Recompute operation. The user need only click the Yes button.

Dave, AA6YQ

Brian Smithson <n8wrl@...>

So have the people who have this problem said "no"?

This confuses me because I don't recall the steps I did but I did read the release notes and I see a lot of people reminding us to do a recompute. 

Is it possible not everyone is getting the pop-up?

What if we did a group experiment. Joe could make a small dxcc change to create a release. We all install it and report on dialogs. Another release to undo.

Or

Make a note to run this experiment when there is a real dxcc release.

Worth it?

Brian n8wrl

On Mar 11, 2018 5:33 PM, "'Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@... [dxlab]" <dxlab@...> wrote:

>>>AA6YQ comments below

>>>When you start DXKeeper after a DXCC database update that adds or removes a DXCC entity, DXKeeper offers to initiate a Recompute operation. The user need only click the Yes button.

Dave, AA6YQ

Paul Kelliher

Brian,

I had a similar issue in that I logged the Z60A QSO. BEFORE I ran the recompute.  I then deleted the QSO, ran the recompute, and re-logged the QSO. After that all my Z60A contact were fine. I my case, the sequence e.g. Recompute, then log the QSO made everything work.

Paul NF1G

On Mar 11, 2018, at 5:40 PM, Brian Smithson n8wrl@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

So have the people who have this problem said "no"?

This confuses me because I don't recall the steps I did but I did read the release notes and I see a lot of people reminding us to do a recompute. 

Is it possible not everyone is getting the pop-up?

What if we did a group experiment. Joe could make a small dxcc change to create a release. We all install it and report on dialogs. Another release to undo.

Or

Make a note to run this experiment when there is a real dxcc release.

Worth it?

Brian n8wrl

On Mar 11, 2018 5:33 PM, "'Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@... [dxlab]" <dxlab@...> wrote:

>>>AA6YQ comments below

Dave, AA6YQ