PSK not working with WinWarbler

Jim Cary

My RTTY is working fine with WinWarbler, but all of a sudden PSK is not.  When I go to PSK the transmitter keys, but no audio is generated.  The PSK settings are per the DXLab Wiki.  Like I said, it works fine in RTTY, but not PSK.

The rig is a K3.

Jim

W2SM

Dave AA6YQ

>>>AA6YQ comments below

Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 11:15 AM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: [dxlab] PSK not working with WinWarbler

My RTTY is working fine with WinWarbler, but all of a sudden PSK is not.  When I go to PSK the transmitter keys, but no audio is generated.  The PSK settings are per the DXLab Wiki.  Like I said, it works fine in RTTY, but not PSK.

>>>Are you transmitting RTTY via AFSK or FSK?

Dave, AA6YQ

Jim Cary

Hi Dave,

AFSK.

Jim

Dave AA6YQ

Transmitting RTTY AFSK uses the same signal paths, soundcard settings, and Windows mixer settings as transmitting PSK – so it’s not obvious why the latter is not working.

What changes did you make to your hardware or software around the time PSK transmission stopped working?

Do you have a Workspace populated with your “known good” settings?

Dave, AA6YQ

Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 1:33 PM
Subject: RE: [dxlab] PSK not working with WinWarbler

Hi Dave,

AFSK.

Jim

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 8:15 AM, jimlcary@... [dxlab]
<dxlab@...> wrote:

My RTTY is working fine with WinWarbler, but all of a sudden PSK is not. When I go to PSK the transmitter keys, but no audio is generated. The PSK settings are per the DXLab Wiki. Like I said, it works fine in RTTY, but not PSK.

The rig is a K3.
How did you determine that no audio is generated? Hint: a good test
would be to temporarily connect computer speakers to the line output
that is going to the K3.

What mode is the K3 in when you're attempting to transmit PSK? Is SPLIT on?

~iain / N6ML

Jim Cary

I probably haven't used PSK in the last year or so.  I Installed a new computer about a year ago and I think I still have the old Winwarbler configuration on the flash drive I used to move the software over.  I'll load that and see what works.

Not a big deal as it obviously isn't something I use all the time!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

Dave AA6YQ

Did you test PSK transmission after moving to the new computer?

Dave, AA6YQ

Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 3:29 PM

I probably haven't used PSK in the last year or so.  I Installed a new computer about a year ago and I think I still have the old Winwarbler configuration on the flash drive I used to move the software over.  I'll load that and see what works.

Not a big deal as it obviously isn't something I use all the time!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

Jim Cary

I think this is the last reply you were looking for.

I don't have a known good backup.  I believe PSK was working fine after I installed the new PC..... my normal practice is to check out all apps when I change hardware.  But that was over a year ago so I can't attest that I did.

Like I said, AFSK RTTY works fine and Digipan works fine.

Strange

Jim

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2017 4:55 PM

I think this is the last reply you were looking for.

I don't have a known good backup. I believe PSK was working fine after I installed the new PC..... my normal practice is to check out all apps when I change hardware. But that was over a year ago so I can't attest that I did.

Like I said, AFSK RTTY works fine and Digipan works fine.

Then I suggest that you take Iain N6ML's advice: configure WinWarbler for PSK operation, temporarily attach speakers to the soundcard output, and direct WinWarbler to transmit. Do you hear PSK audio from the speakers?

Dave, AA6YQ