Topics

DXV Enhancement - Display 60m Progress Table

Wolf, DK1FW <dk1fw@...>

Dave and Group,

My 1st post in 2017 so HNY to everybody

More and more counties are giving 60m assignments to their hams.
With that I would assume a growing interest in 60m among DXLab users.

Although 60m is not (yet) included in the DXCC program I am probably not the only user, who would appreciate to see his 60m worked/confirmed status in the progess table displayed in DXView.
Slightly shrinking column-with of the existing bands should provide ample space for an extra 60m column.

hw?

73 de Wolf, DK1FW

dk5dc

..... I'd be completely satisfied with 60m Spots coming in in SC. Whatever I try, there ain't any ( European ) Spots. Even tried to adjust the subbands ( well, it obviously does not allow to define fractions of a khz) from 5351.5 to 5266.5. No luck anyway. See the spots coming in fromDB0SUE and a bunch of other spot sources, qbut none of them makes it to the SC Window.....

And quite frankly. A Band merely supposed to be a ressource for emergency communications should NOT be included in award programs leading to all that typical DX hunter behaviour. Not in a 15khz/9.xx WPEP segment. Would be desastrous for the external reputation of the amateur radio service.....

Thus, with all respect I'd wish the DXCC stays unchanged until amateur radio earns a nice 200-500 khz slate of the 5 Mhz band.

Typos are intenionally inserted by my IPAD

Peter Glasmacher, DK5DC/AA6HM
Hallenserstrasse 40
59457 Werl

(Phone) +49-2922-950-8330
(mobile) +49-170-910-8655
-.. -.- ..... -.. -.-.
ARRL VE & DXCC Field Checker
Editor CQ DL Dxtra/region director Southern Westphalia

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Peter Glasmacher pit@...
[dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

..... I'd be completely satisfied with 60m Spots coming in in SC. Whatever I try, there ain't any ( European ) Spots. Even tried to adjust the subbands ( well, it obviously does not allow to define fractions of a khz) from 5351.5 to 5266.5. No luck anyway. See the spots coming in fromDB0SUE and a bunch of other spot sources, qbut none of them makes it to the SC Window.....
In the textbox in the Filter panel at the bottom of SpotCollector's
main window, enter:

Band = '60m'

then type Control-S. Do you see 60m spots?

73,

~iain / N6ML

Bill N5IR

Is it really just for emergency comms? A lot of rag chewing and DXing going on now. ARRL in a recent filling to the FCC noted not one complaint had been filed in 14 years. The experiment had worked. 30 meters is still a shared band as for as I know.

Bill, N5IR

On Jan 15, 2017, at 12:32, Peter Glasmacher pit@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

[...]

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
More and more counties are giving 60m assignments to their hams.
With that I would assume a growing interest in 60m among DXLab users.

Although 60m is not (yet) included in the DXCC program

Given the small 60m frequency range, it seems unlikely that QSOs on this band will ever count for DXCC. I will inquire when I am at ARRL headquarters later this week.

Wolf, DK1FW <dk1fw@...>

Peter,

make sure that you have 60m enabled in Spotcllector's Band-Filter.
All 60m spots make it to SC here.

73 de Wolf, DK1FW

�

--