Commander not talking to other apps, DXLabLauncher not working anymore

dl2cc@...

Hi all,
I've been using DXLAB for a long time now and really love it.
Today the anniversary update came to my Win 10 PC, and since then Commander doesn't talk to the other DXLAB Suite programs (as well as PSTROTATORAZ) anymore.
Meaning, they don't get the current frequency.
That's issue #1. Issue #2 is that DXLabLauncher doesn't detect the running DXLAB Suite components. It's able to start the programs but never detects that they're really running, making DXLabLauncher unusable.
All has been working fine until this morning.

I've tried disabling the Windows Firewall, as well as Windows Defender real time protection, but still the same issue.
Dave, others, do you have any idea?

Thanks!
73
Frank DL2CC

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
I've been using DXLAB for a long time now and really love it.
Today the anniversary update came to my Win 10 PC, and since then Commander doesn't talk to the other DXLAB Suite programs (as well as PSTROTATORAZ) anymore.
Meaning, they don't get the current frequency.
That's issue #1. Issue #2 is that DXLabLauncher doesn't detect the running DXLAB Suite components. It's able to start the programs but never detects that they're really running, making DXLabLauncher unusable.
All has been working fine until this morning.

I've tried disabling the Windows Firewall, as well as Windows Defender real time protection, but still the same issue.
Dave, others, do you have any idea?

Many ops have reported that the "Anniversary Update" of Windows 10 properly supports interoperation among DXLab applications.
What build of Windows 10 is installed on your PC?

Richard B Drake

I can't explain why you are having a problem but I've been running on the Anniversary release since last August when when it was first released and have no problem with DXLab.

What you describe sounds like a DDE issue which was resolved in an Insider preview prior to that release. Can you tell us what version you have? It should be V 1607 Build 14393.187. To see that click the "Start" icon then select "Settings" (a little gear on the left hand side), "System" and "About".

--
73, Rich - W3ZJ
www.w3zj.com

On 9/26/2016 5:32 PM, dl2cc@outlook.com [dxlab] wrote:
Hi all,
I've been using DXLAB for a long time now and really love it.
Today the anniversary update came to my Win 10 PC, and since then Commander doesn't talk to the other DXLAB Suite programs (as well as PSTROTATORAZ) anymore.
Meaning, they don't get the current frequency.
That's issue #1. Issue #2 is that DXLabLauncher doesn't detect the running DXLAB Suite components. It's able to start the programs but never detects that they're really running, making DXLabLauncher unusable.
All has been working fine until this morning.

I've tried disabling the Windows Firewall, as well as Windows Defender real time protection, but still the same issue.
Dave, others, do you have any idea?

Thanks!
73
Frank DL2CC

dl2cc@...

Hi Rich,

thanks for looking into this.
Built is V 1606 14393.0 - so I probably did not have the latest update. Maybe MS was rolling out the update here (in Germany) later than in the U.S. and gave me an intermediate version before rolling up the post anniversary release updates?
I'll now check for more updates.
Thanks

dl2cc@...

Hi Dave,

thanks for looking into this.

In my previous post I mentioned that the post anniversary update wasn't installed on my PC;
apparently MS had problems rolling out post update fixes and fixed it with a new rollout a week ago (KB3193494) - apparently I've been one of the people affected.

Meanwhile KB193494 has arrived, installed, and: IT WORKS AGAIN.

Thanks Dave and Rich for answering and pointing me in the right direction.

73
Frank

Richard B Drake

I think you meant to say V 1607. There was no 1606 but if you really have build 14393.0 that was an insider build that came out just prior to the DDE fix, so it is broken.

If you are not an insider, I have no idea how you may have gotten that build.

--
73, Rich - W3ZJ
www.w3zj.com

On 9/27/2016 3:07 AM, dl2cc@... [dxlab] wrote:
Hi Rich,

thanks for looking into this.
Built is V 1606 14393.0 - so I probably did not have the latest update. Maybe MS was rolling out the update here (in Germany) later than in the U.S. and gave me an intermediate version before rolling up the post anniversary release updates?
I'll now check for more updates.
Thanks

Alex OE3JTB

Good morning
I have Windows 10 64 Version 1607 (build 14393.576) but I have the same issue.

PSTRotator doesnt track.
I disabled defender ans the firewall for testing, nothing changed
Anything else I can try?
tnx for your advice

73 Alex, OE3JTB

Dave AA6YQ

Alex, are your DXLab applications correctly interoperating?

I have Windows 10 64 Version 1607 (build 14393.576) but I have the same issue.

PSTRotator doesnt track.
I disabled defender ans the firewall for testing, nothing changed Anything else I can try?
tnx for your advice

73 Alex, OE3JTB

Alex OE3JTB

Hello Dave
yes no problem between the DXLAB apps, also WSJT-X is give the information to PSTRotator.
73 Alex

Alex OE3JTB

And I did exceptions in the firewall for commander, viewer etc..

Dave AA6YQ

Then you should engage the author of PSTRotator to determine what's going on. That's Codrut YO3DMU, via

codrut.buda (at) rdslink.ro

yes no problem between the DXLAB apps, also WSJT-X is give the information to PSTRotator.
73 Alex

Alex OE3JTB

Hi Dave
ok I will try also there
tnx
73 Alex

Alex OE3JTB

So I found out for myself
run PSTROTATOR as administrator and now it works fine
73 Alex