Workspaces Problem

K3BZ

On my DXLab Launcher window, below the 7 application buttons, the workspace is designated by:

WS: 11-30-2015 which is the correct designator for the workspace currently in use... the only workspace I have.

In the lower left of my DXLab Launcher Workspaces window, the path to my Current Workspace Folder is shown as:

C:\DXLab\Launcher\Workspaces\11-30-2015 which appears to be the correct path.

However, the large box in the upper left of my DXLab Launcher Workspaces window is empty.

Shouldn't it display the name of my one current workspace as: 11-30-2015 ??

So far I don't notice anything operating incorrectly.... except there is a notice in my DXLab Launcher window header (see Errorlog) and there is an errorlog folder in my C:\DXLab\Launcher\Workspaces folder.

What (if anything) should I be doing about this?

73.....Jerry K3BZ

Richard B Drake

Jerry,

I believe your assessment is correct. 11-30-2015 is or should be a folder name. If you click that folder name it should contain files named, "Commander, DXKeeper, DXLabLauncher, DXView, Pathfinder, PropView, SpotCollector, and WinWarbler" (assuming you have installed them all). The file names have no extension so you probably can't view them easily. Is that the case? If not something apparently happened to the files and I would delete 11-30-2015 and create the Workspace again. Note that the name shown at the bottom of Launcher represents the name of the last Workspace loaded into the registry and is not an indication that the Workspace files still exist.

73, Rich - W3ZJ
http://www.w3zj.com

On 7/19/2016 12:02 AM, 'Jerry (K3BZ)' k3bz@... [dxlab] wrote:
[...]

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 9:02 PM, 'Jerry (K3BZ)' k3bz@arrl.net [dxlab]
<dxlab@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

On my DXLab Launcher window, below the 7 application buttons, the
workspace is designated by:

WS: 11-30-2015 which is the correct designator for the workspace
currently in use... the only workspace I have.

In the lower left of my DXLab Launcher Workspaces window, the path to my
Current Workspace Folder is shown as:

C:&#92;DXLab&#92;Launcher&#92;Workspaces&#92;11-30-2015 which appears to be the correct
path.

However, the large box in the upper left of my DXLab Launcher Workspaces
window is empty.

Shouldn't it display the name of my one current workspace as:
11-30-2015 ??
The "Current Workspace Folder" should be
"C:&#92;DXLab&#92;Launcher&#92;Workspaces", not a specific workspace subfolder.
The label "Current" is a bit misleading, perhaps. Each workspace
resides within a named subfolder of the "Current Workspace Folder".
Click on "Select Folder", then select the folder named "Workspaces",
then you should see all of the workspaces within it.

So far I don't notice anything operating incorrectly.... except there is
a notice in my DXLab Launcher window header (see Errorlog) and there is
an errorlog folder in my C:&#92;DXLab&#92;Launcher&#92;Workspaces folder.

What (if anything) should I be doing about this?
Is the ErrorLog really in the Workspaces folder??

73,

~iain / N6ML

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
On my DXLab Launcher window, below the 7 application buttons, the workspace is designated by:

WS: 11-30-2015 which is the correct designator for the workspace currently in use... the only workspace I have.

In the lower left of my DXLab Launcher Workspaces window, the path to my Current Workspace Folder is shown as:

C:&#92;DXLab&#92;Launcher&#92;Workspaces&#92;11-30-2015 which appears to be the correct path.

That's incorrect. The correct path is
C:&#92;DXLab&#92;Launcher&#92;Workspaces

However, the large box in the upper left of my DXLab Launcher Workspaces window is empty.

That's because your Workspace 11-30-2015 doesn't contain any Workspaces.

Shouldn't it display the name of my one current workspace as:
11-30-2015 ??

So far I don't notice anything operating incorrectly.... except there is a notice in my DXLab Launcher window header (see Errorlog) and there is an errorlog folder in my C:&#92;DXLab&#92;Launcher&#92;Workspaces folder.

Before you change anything, please attach the errorlog.txt file from your Launcher folder to an email message, and send it to me via
aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Mike VA3LR

I have a question regarding the Current Workspace Folder path ... Does it have to be C:\DXLab\Launcher\Workspaces or can it be in another location?  In my case in my Google Drive Folder??

Thanks.

Mike
VE3WPV

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 2:22 PM, ' Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

>>>AA6YQ comments below

On my DXLab Launcher window, below the 7 application buttons, the workspace is designated by:

WS: 11-30-2015 which is the correct designator for the workspace currently in use... the only workspace I have.

In the lower left of my DXLab Launcher Workspaces window, the path to my Current Workspace Folder is shown as:

C:\DXLab\Launcher\Workspaces\11-30-2015 which appears to be the correct path.

>>>That's incorrect. The correct path is

C:\DXLab\Launcher\Workspaces

However, the large box in the upper left of my DXLab Launcher Workspaces window is empty.

>>>That's because your Workspace 11-30-2015 doesn't contain any Workspaces.

Shouldn't it display the name of my one current workspace as:
11-30-2015 ??

So far I don't notice anything operating incorrectly.... except there is a notice in my DXLab Launcher window header (see Errorlog) and there is an errorlog folder in my C:\DXLab\Launcher\Workspaces folder.

>>>Before you change anything, please attach the errorlog.txt file from your Launcher folder to an email message, and send it to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

+++ more AA6YQ comments below