From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2016 3:01 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] Spot Collector Windows not showing Zero

For a while, I've noticed that the individual Spot Collector windows are not showing zeros. A frequency of 14045 displays as 14 45. I tried changin the font in the spot Collector Configuration Spot Database display (that's the panel that opens when I click on CONFIG on one of the Spot Windows), but that only changes the Spot collector main window font.

Can you tell me what I have set incorrectly? I have four Spot Windows, and the problem is the same on all of them.

If you're referring to SpotCollector's "Spot Source" windows, they displayed received text using the "Courier New" font. Around the time this problem first began occurring, did you replace or update this font in Windows, or did you install an application that did so?
On the Configuration window's General tab, do you have the "Show 0 as slashed-zero" box checked?

Bob WB2NVR

Hi Dave -

Yes, I was referring to the Spot Source windows.

I did have Show zero as slashed zero checked.  I unchecked it, and now zeros are being displayed - with the slash!

That's not what I expected, but I'm happy it's working now.

TNX ES 73,

Bob WB2NVR
--
Bob Schaps  WB2NVR

914-347-7331  Office
914-262-3535  Cell

AA6YQ comments below
Yes, I was referring to the Spot Source windows.

I did have Show zero as slashed zero checked. I unchecked it, and now zeros are being displayed - with the slash!

That's not what I expected, but I'm happy it's working now.

That means the "Courier New" font on your system was modified to print the zero character as a slashed zero, and to not print the slashed-zero character.