Topics

DXKeeper - reorder UNIQUE numbers

John Etling

Dave and/or Group.

Just noticing I have QSO unique numbers under the AUXILIARY section of DX Keeper.

Is there a way to force a renumbering of those numbers to reflect the QSO’s in the database?

I have currently 7700+ QSO’s yet my uniques are showing 16143+

Obviously when originally importing, cleaning out dupes and doing general maintenance until I got DXK and I happily working in harmony there were additional QSO’s assigned a unique QSO number that no longer exist.

I would like to completely rework the database so the unique QSO numbers match my actual QSO count. Can this be done?

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

k3jae@...

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
Just noticing I have QSO unique numbers under the AUXILIARY section of DX Keeper.

Is there a way to force a renumbering of those numbers to reflect the QSO’s in the database?

I have currently 7700+ QSO’s yet my uniques are showing 16143+

Obviously when originally importing, cleaning out dupes and doing general maintenance until I got DXK and I happily working in harmony there were additional QSO’s assigned a unique QSO number that no longer exist.

I would like to completely rework the database so the unique QSO numbers match my actual QSO count. Can this be done?

The purpose of the Unique item is to assign each of a log's QSOs a unique and immutable number. A QSO's Unique item is assigned when it is created or imported, and cannot be changed.

John Etling

Thanks Dave.

I assumed as much but thought I would ask anyways! No biggie.

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

<mailto:k3jae@...> k3jae@...

Just noticing I have QSO unique numbers under the AUXILIARY section of DX Keeper.

Is there a way to force a renumbering of those numbers to reflect the QSO’s in the database?

I have currently 7700+ QSO’s yet my uniques are showing 16143+

Obviously when originally importing, cleaning out dupes and doing general maintenance until I got DXK and I happily working in harmony there were additional QSO’s assigned a unique QSO number that no longer exist.

I would like to completely rework the database so the unique QSO numbers match my actual QSO count. Can this be done?

The purpose of the Unique item is to assign each of a log's QSOs a unique and immutable number. A QSO's Unique item is assigned when it is created or imported, and cannot be changed.

Mike - AA1AR

A QSO's Unique item is assigned when it is created or imported, and cannot be changed.”

What about that “Reset Unique #s” button on the Log tab of the Config window?

73, Mike – AA1AR

Just noticing I have QSO unique numbers under the AUXILIARY section of DX Keeper.

Is there a way to force a renumbering of those numbers to reflect the QSO’s in the database?

I have currently 7700+ QSO’s yet my uniques are showing 16143+

Obviously when originally importing, cleaning out dupes and doing general maintenance until I got DXK and I happily working in harmony there were additional QSO’s assigned a unique QSO number that no longer exist.

I would like to completely rework the database so the unique QSO numbers match my actual QSO count. Can this be done?

>>>The purpose of the Unique item is to assign each of a log's QSOs a unique and immutable number. A QSO's Unique item is assigned when it is created or imported, and cannot be changed.

w6de

On: DXKeeper | DXKeeper Configuration| Log tab; there is a “Reset Unique #s” function action.

Hovering over the box says:  “Assigns a unique number to each QSO in the log”

Dave, w6de

A QSO's Unique item is assigned when it is created or imported, and cannot be changed.”

What about that “Reset Unique #s” button on the Log tab of the Config window?

73, Mike – AA1AR

Just noticing I have QSO unique numbers under the AUXILIARY section of DX Keeper.

Is there a way to force a renumbering of those numbers to reflect the QSO’s in the database?

I have currently 7700+ QSO’s yet my uniques are showing 16143+

Obviously when originally importing, cleaning out dupes and doing general maintenance until I got DXK and I happily working in harmony there were additional QSO’s assigned a unique QSO number that no longer exist.

I would like to completely rework the database so the unique QSO numbers match my actual QSO count. Can this be done?

>>>The purpose of the Unique item is to assign each of a log's QSOs a unique and immutable number. A QSO's Unique item is assigned when it is created or imported, and cannot be changed.

AA6YQ comments below
I assumed as much but thought I would ask anyways! No biggie.

My previous response was incorrect: clicking the "Reset Unique #s" button at the bottom of the Configuration window's Log tab will assigned each QSO a unique number based on its QSO Begin date and time: the earliest QSO is assigned QSO number 1, the second is assigned QSO number 2, etc.

AA6YQ comments below
“A QSO's Unique item is assigned when it is created or imported, and cannot be changed.”

What about that “Reset Unique #s” button on the Log tab of the Config window?

Thanks for the reminder, Mike!

Mike - AA1AR

Sure thing!  You had me wondering…  Glad I’m not losing my mind!

73, Mike

“A QSO's Unique item is assigned when it is created or imported, and cannot be changed.”

What about that “Reset Unique #s” button on the Log tab of the Config window?

>>>Thanks for the reminder, Mike!

John Etling

Cool. Thanks to Mike for catching that. I will work on that tonight. Do not feel bad Dave, it is expected,that with the flexibility and awesomeness of the program that you might forget a feature you installed. Glad to hear even the smartest of us all has a memory lapse once in a while!! Just kidding!!

73’s de K3JAE
John Etling

K3JAE’s Weather Station

From: "' Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@... [dxlab]" <dxlab@...>
Date: Tuesday, 29 December 2015 at 12:33
To: <dxlab@...>

>>>AA6YQ comments below

I assumed as much but thought I would ask anyways! No biggie.

>>>My previous response was incorrect: clicking the "Reset Unique #s" button at the bottom of the Configuration window's Log tab will assigned each QSO a unique number based on its QSO Begin date and time: the earliest QSO is assigned QSO number 1, the second is assigned QSO number 2, etc.

AA6YQ comments below
Cool. Thanks to Mike for catching that. I will work on that tonight. Do not feel bad Dave, it is expected,that with the flexibility
and awesomeness of the program that you might forget a feature you installed. Glad to hear even the smartest of us all has a memory
lapse once in a while!! Just kidding!!

Someone must have snuck in here and coded/documented that while I wasn't looking...

John Etling

I have problems with those darn gremlins as we’ll… Sneaky little buggers…

73’s de K3JAE
John Etling

K3JAE’s Weather Station

From: "' Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@... [dxlab]" <dxlab@...>
Date: Tuesday, 29 December 2015 at 12:33
To: <dxlab@...>

>>>AA6YQ comments below

I assumed as much but thought I would ask anyways! No biggie.

>>>My previous response was incorrect: clicking the "Reset Unique #s" button at the bottom of the Configuration window's Log tab will assigned each QSO a unique number based on its QSO Begin date and time: the earliest QSO is assigned QSO number 1, the second is assigned QSO number 2, etc.

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 12/29/2015 8:05 PM, ' Dave AA6YQ' @AA6YQ [dxlab] wrote:
Someone must have snuck in here and coded/documented that while I wasn't looking...
That's what happens when you trust the code elves <G>.