SLOW launch and other oddities under Windows 10?

Andrew OBrien

I have just tried DX Lab suite under Windows 10 64 bit.  It seems that Commander takes 3-4 minutes to launch.

DX Lab Launcher took 5 minutes to launch.

Winwarbler tries to actually install rather than boot when I click on it. This includes boot directly from the .exe file within the Winwarbler folder. Microsoft Single Image launches too.

Other ham applications seem to be working just fine.

Andy K3UK

Dave AA6YQ

Try disabling Cortana.

Andrew OBrien

OK

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 11:48 PM, aa6yq@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

Try disabling Cortana.

Andrew OBrien

Yes, that solved the issue.

Andy k3UK

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 12:02 AM, Andrew O'Brien <k3ukandy@...> wrote:
OK

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 11:48 PM, aa6yq@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

Try disabling Cortana.

Santos

Had the same issue of extremely slow startup of DXLAB with W10 (or no startup at all), Disabling Cortana fixes it. Why?. Can´t we talk to the girl??
Santos, EA4AK

Nuno Lopes - CT2IRY

Morning all,

Later today I'll upgrade my W7 Ultimate 32bit Laptop, and see the effect on DXLab, but from what you guys report, the upgrade shoulden't give any problems on delay, since here in Portugal with don't have "Cortana", it's disable in this region. :-)

73 Nuno
  CT2IRY

On Sunday, August 2, 2015 9:52 AM, "ea4ak.santos@... [dxlab]" wrote:

Had the same issue of extremely slow startup of DXLAB with W10 (or no startup at all), Disabling Cortana fixes it. Why?. Can´t we talk to the girl??
Santos, EA4AK

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below