Topics

SC startup problem

Phil & Anne Irons

Hi Dave...

For a number of reasons, I haven't been active in the shack since Christmas, except to update new versions of apps and databases.  I was up here the other day, and noticed that even though my initial cluster command reads "sh/wwv36<13><10>sh/dx/200<13><10>set/dxgrid", the WWV part of the SC window is not updating.  To get the correct WWV report, I have to open the appropriate spot source and send the command directly to the server. (I use W1NR.)

I have made no hardware nor software changes to this computer, other than DXL updates as stated above.

Your comments/advice would be appreciated.  Win 7, Home Premium.

Phil/VE1BVD

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2015 3:30 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: [dxlab] SC startup problem

For a number of reasons, I haven't been active in the shack since Christmas, except to update new versions of apps and databases. I was up here the other day, and noticed that even though my initial cluster command reads "sh/wwv36<13><10>sh/dx/200<13><10>set/dxgrid", the WWV part of the SC window is not updating. To get the correct WWV report, I have to open the appropriate spot source and send the command directly to the server. (I use W1NR.)

Is the Enable box in the "Initial Cluster command" panel checked?

Dave, AA6YQ

Mike - AA1AR

Assuming the sh/dx portion is working ok, shouldn’t there be a slash between “wwv” and “36”?

73, Mike – AA1AR

Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2015 5:38 PM
Subject: RE: [dxlab] SC startup problem

>>>AA6YQ comments below

For a number of reasons, I haven't been active in the shack since Christmas, except to update new versions of apps and databases. I was up here the other day, and noticed that even though my initial cluster command reads "sh/wwv36<13><10>sh/dx/200<13><10>set/dxgrid", the WWV part of the SC window is not updating. To get the correct WWV report, I have to open the appropriate spot source and send the command directly to the server. (I use W1NR.)

>>>Is the Enable box in the "Initial Cluster command" panel checked?

Dave, AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:02 PM
Subject: RE: [dxlab] SC startup problem

Assuming the sh/dx portion is working ok, shouldn’t there be a slash between “wwv” and “36”?

Yes. Good catch, Mike!

Dave, AA6YQ

Phil & Anne Irons

Yes, it is, Dave.

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 6:37 PM, ' Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

>>>AA6YQ comments below

>>>Is the Enable box in the "Initial Cluster command" panel checked?

Dave, AA6YQ

--
Phil & Anne Irons
Sydney, Nova Scotia

iain macdonnell - N6ML

Phil,

As Mike/AA1AR pointed out, you appear to be missing a '/' in your
initial cluster command, between 'wwv' and '36' - i.e. it should read
'sh/wwv/36...'

~iain / N6ML

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 6:13 AM, Phil Irons @VE1BVD [dxlab]
<dxlab@...> wrote:

Yes, it is, Dave.

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 6:37 PM, ' Dave AA6YQ' @AA6YQ [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

AA6YQ comments below

Is the Enable box in the "Initial Cluster command" panel checked?

Dave, AA6YQ

--
Phil & Anne Irons
Sydney, Nova Scotia

Phil & Anne Irons

OK, Thanks Iain and everyone else who replied.  I checked, and yes, I'm missing the '/'.

Phil/VE1BVD

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 11:39 AM, iain macdonnell - N6ML ar@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

Phil,

As Mike/AA1AR pointed out, you appear to be missing a '/' in your
initial cluster command, between 'wwv' and '36' - i.e. it should read
'sh/wwv/36...'

~iain / N6ML

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 6:13 AM, Phil Irons ve1bvd@... [dxlab]
<dxlab@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> Yes, it is, Dave.
>
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 6:37 PM, ' Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> >>>AA6YQ comments below
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...]
>> Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2015 3:30 PM
>> To: dxlab@...
>> Subject: [dxlab] SC startup problem
>>
>> For a number of reasons, I haven't been active in the shack since Christmas, except to update new versions of apps and databases. I was up here the other day, and noticed that even though my initial cluster command reads "sh/wwv36<13><10>sh/dx/200<13><10>set/dxgrid", the WWV part of the SC window is not updating. To get the correct WWV report, I have to open the appropriate spot source and send the command directly to the server. (I use W1NR.)
>>
>> >>>Is the Enable box in the "Initial Cluster command" panel checked?
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Dave, AA6YQ
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Phil & Anne Irons
> Sydney, Nova Scotia
>