From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2015 3:30 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: [dxlab] SC startup problem

For a number of reasons, I haven't been active in the shack since Christmas, except to update new versions of apps and databases. I was up here the other day, and noticed that even though my initial cluster command reads "sh/wwv36<13><10>sh/dx/200<13><10>set/dxgrid", the WWV part of the SC window is not updating. To get the correct WWV report, I have to open the appropriate spot source and send the command directly to the server. (I use W1NR.)

Is the Enable box in the "Initial Cluster command" panel checked?

Mike - AA1AR

Assuming the sh/dx portion is working ok, shouldn’t there be a slash between “wwv” and “36”?

73, Mike – AA1AR

For a number of reasons, I haven't been active in the shack since Christmas, except to update new versions of apps and databases. I was up here the other day, and noticed that even though my initial cluster command reads "sh/wwv36<13><10>sh/dx/200<13><10>set/dxgrid", the WWV part of the SC window is not updating. To get the correct WWV report, I have to open the appropriate spot source and send the command directly to the server. (I use W1NR.)

>>>Is the Enable box in the "Initial Cluster command" panel checked?

AA6YQ comments below
Assuming the sh/dx portion is working ok, shouldn’t there be a slash between “wwv” and “36”?

Yes. Good catch, Mike!

Phil & Anne Irons

Yes, it is, Dave.

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 6:37 PM, ' Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

>>>AA6YQ comments below

For a number of reasons, I haven't been active in the shack since Christmas, except to update new versions of apps and databases. I was up here the other day, and noticed that even though my initial cluster command reads "sh/wwv36<13><10>sh/dx/200<13><10>set/dxgrid", the WWV part of the SC window is not updating. To get the correct WWV report, I have to open the appropriate spot source and send the command directly to the server. (I use W1NR.)

>>>Is the Enable box in the "Initial Cluster command" panel checked?

Phil & Anne Irons
Sydney, Nova Scotia

iain macdonnell - N6ML

Phil,

As Mike/AA1AR pointed out, you appear to be missing a '/' in your
initial cluster command, between 'wwv' and '36' - i.e. it should read
'sh/wwv/36...'

73,

~iain / N6ML

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 6:13 AM, Phil Irons @VE1BVD [dxlab]
<dxlab@...> wrote:

Yes, it is, Dave.

AA6YQ comments below
For a number of reasons, I haven't been active in the shack since Christmas, except to update new versions of apps and databases. I was up here the other day, and noticed that even though my initial cluster command reads "sh/wwv36<13><10>sh/dx/200<13><10>set/dxgrid", the WWV part of the SC window is not updating. To get the correct WWV report, I have to open the appropriate spot source and send the command directly to the server. (I use W1NR.)

Is the Enable box in the "Initial Cluster command" panel checked?

Phil & Anne Irons
Sydney, Nova Scotia

Phil & Anne Irons

OK, Thanks Iain and everyone else who replied.  I checked, and yes, I'm missing the '/'.

73,

Phil/VE1BVD

--
Phil & Anne Irons