Topics

DXView

Stephen Rabinowitz

With the latest version of DXView, it doesn’t seem to recognize the presence of WinWarbler unless DXV is launched after WW is already active.  Does anyone else notice this?

73 de K2SN

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 7:45 AM, Stephen Rabinowitz
srabin@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:
With the latest version of DXView, it doesn’t seem to recognize the presence of WinWarbler unless DXV is launched after WW is already active. Does anyone else notice this?
Yes, I see the same thing with DXView 4.0.7 on both Win7 and Vista -
i.e. 'WW' does not appear in the title bar of the DXView window unless
DXView is Launched with WinWarbler already running.

Curiously, before updating from DXView 4.0.4, it didn't seem to see
WinWabler at all, no matter which was launched first!

73,

~iain / N6ML

Richard B Drake

Since I always start the entire suite from Launcher I haven't noticed
that. However, what does happen is that DXkeeper doesn't seem to know
that Pathfinder is running even though it is. I have to close and reopen
Pathfinder for DXKeeper to see it.

73, Rich - W3ZJ

srabin@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

With the latest version of DXView, it doesn’t seem to recognize the presence of WinWarbler unless DXV is launched after WW is already active. Does anyone else notice this?
Yes, I see the same thing with DXView 4.0.7 on both Win7 and Vista -
i.e. 'WW' does not appear in the title bar of the DXView window unless
DXView is Launched with WinWarbler already running.

Curiously, before updating from DXView 4.0.4, it didn't seem to see
WinWabler at all, no matter which was launched first!

73,

~iain / N6ML

Dave AA6YQ

Versions of DXView earlier than 4.0.7 did not depend on data or services from WinWarbler, and thus did not display a WW in their title bar when WinWarbler is running.

DXView 4.0.7's Main window's "Progress grid" highlights WinWarbler's "Operating Mode", so on startup, DXView 4.0.7 establishes interoperation with WinWarbler (if WinWarbler is already running).

No public version of WinWarbler informs DXView that it has started, so DXView's "Progress grid" will only highlight WinWarbler's "Operating Mode" if WinWarbler was already running when DXView started. This requirement will be eliminated by the next version of WinWarbler, which is imminent.

AA6YQ comments below
Since I always start the entire suite from Launcher I haven't noticed that. However, what does happen is that DXkeeper doesn't seem to know that Pathfinder is running even though it is. I have to close and reopen Pathfinder for DXKeeper to see it.

In what order do you start DXKeeper and Pathfinder when "DXKeeper doesn't see Pathfinder"?