From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...] On Behalf Of k2cd@...
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:29 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: [dxlab] Some stations using LoTW not highlighted after logging, opposite, too. . .

I have occasionally noticed that a station that was highlighted in yellow in SpotCollector, is not highlighted in yellow in DXKeeper after I log him. I have seen the opposite happen, too. That is, a station I spot in SpotCollector comes up yellow on the cluster, but when I check the call on LoTW, they are sometimes not listed as an LoTW user. Is there some way to refresh the LoTW info that is in the log if it is incorrect?

Each entry in DXLab's DXCC database is a callsign and the date on which that callsign last submitted QSOs to LotW. Both SpotCollector and DXKeeper let you specify a "Maximum age of most recent LotW upload to be considered active (months)":
DXKeeper: on the "QSL Configuration" window's LotW tab
SpotCollector: In the Controls panel on the Configuration window's "Spot Database" tab
If you configure both of these settings to the same number of months, the two applications will be consistent about what they consider an active LotW participant.
To obtain the most recent LotW database, click the LotW Upgrade button on the Databases tab of DXView's Configuration window; if your LotW database is dated 2014-01-19, you already have the most recent LotW database, so the LotW Upgrade button will be disabled ("grayed out").
To update the "LotW Member" item in each logged QSO, click the "Update LotW Membership" button at the bottom of the LotW tab of DXkeeper's "QSL Configuration" window.
To update the "LotW Member" item in each Spot Database Display" entry, click the Recomp button in the Recomputation panel on the "Spot Database" tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window.

C. Michael D'Alto

Thank you, Dave.  I followed the steps you outlined and I am confident it will resolve the issue I was experiencing.  I no longer get into the settings much after I spent considerable time getting everything imported over and configured to my liking three years ago.  It's been virtually bullet proof since then, and doesn't require much tweaking or attention on my part. It just works.

73/DX, Mike, K2CD