Filtering.

Joe WB9SBD

OK I want to set up a filter,, ya know the bottom row of buttons?  I still have far far too many un confirmed that when I start it up it is like at least a spot a minute.  While I am at the radio that is all fine and good.

But when I'm downstairs working on clocks, It's just too many.  I have music streaming from the computer, to a small FM Broadcaster so i can hear it anyplace in the house or yard.

I have the music set at like 75% volume, and spot collector at 100%  so when a spot is announced I hear it clearly.

All cool,

But as stated when downstairs working on my clocks it's just too many spots.

I want to try for that W1AW in every state and mode thing.  I already missed a few states I'll have to get them next time around.

But can I make a filter that only announces W1AW spots?

So then when one pops up I can stop making clocks   ,,  come up stairs, and try to work them.

Possible?

Joe WB9SBD
--

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
[...]

This SQL expression will "find" all active DX stations whose callsigns begin with W1AW/
callsign like 'W1AW/*'

Joe WB9SBD

Ok,

I did a Ctrl+click on the button, and the editor popped up,

I changed the name of the button to W1AW  and this I put into the field exactly quotes and all

"W1AW/*"

Then I hit the save button and overwrote the existing one and then closed the editing window.

Is that correct?

On 1/16/2014 11:43 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

>>>AA6YQ comments below

OK I want to set up a filter,, ya know the bottom row of buttons? I still have far far too many un confirmed that when I start it
up it is like at least a spot a minute. While I am at the radio that is all fine and good.

But when I'm downstairs working on clocks, It's just too many. I have music streaming from the computer, to a small FM Broadcaster
so i can hear it anyplace in the house or yard.

I have the music set at like 75% volume, and spot collector at 100% so when a spot is announced I hear it clearly.

All cool,

But as stated when downstairs working on my clocks it's just too many spots.

I want to try for that W1AW in every state and mode thing. I already missed a few states I'll have to get them next time around.

But can I make a filter that only announces W1AW spots?

So then when one pops up I can stop making clocks ,, come up stairs, and try to work them.

>>>This SQL expression will "find" all active DX stations whose callsigns begin with W1AW/

callsign like 'W1AW/*'

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Joe <nss@...> wrote:

Ok,

I did a Ctrl+click on the button, and the editor popped up,

I changed the name of the button to W1AW and this I put into the field exactly quotes and all

"W1AW/*"

Then I hit the save button and overwrote the existing one and then closed the editing window.

Is that correct?
No. The expression that Dave provided is on the following line:

callsign like 'W1AW/*'

All of that needs to go into the SQL field.

If your objective here is to only have W1AW/* spots *audio announced*,
you might consider placing this SQL expression in the "Audio Alarm
trigger" panel on the Audio Alarm tab of SpotCollector Configuation
(and selecting "SQL expression"), instead of using a
main-window-filter.

73,

~iain / N6ML

Joe WB9SBD