Automatically log rig used?

kk1w2000 <kk1w@...>

I've looked around and don't see this option. Here's the scenario

1. I have two rigs defined in Commander (IC756, KX3). They are
interfaced and work correctly when their radio button is selected in
Commander.
2. I log a QSO and the IC756 radio button is checkd.
3. Is it possible for the rig (in this case IC756) to be added to the
log entry automatically?

The program knows which radio was selected in Commander (but of course I
'could' have used the other one. We are assuming the radio selected in
Commander is the one used to make the contact.).

I can create a user defined field with a dropdown list but would have to
select the correct radio prior to logging. Perhaps there's a way to
automate the rig data into the user defined field?

Or am I missing the obvious and the software already does it, I just
can't figure out how? (been there, done that before). I'm guessing it
doesn't as it would probably require a second set of defaults in
DXKeeper?

Not a critical issue, just thought it would be fun to track the
contacts/radios in the log.

Jim/KK1W

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
[...]

Here are step-by-step instructions for doing that:
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LogTransceiverInfo>

kk1w2000 <kk1w@...>

Thanks Dave, I did not find that in my search.

Still having problems with it but let me spend some quality time with it later this evening. For some reason I have some text in the 'default QTH ID' box that I can't find in any of the QTH's listed and can't be deleted. I didn't have time for a reboot, I'll do that first, then if I'm still having problems I'll get back in touch.

Jim/KK1W

AA6YQ comments below
[...]

+++ more AA6YQ comments below