How to verify SC Spots of mine actually go to Internet?

David Westbrook

I have written a utility for this -- it's listed on the DXLab installation
help page:
http://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm#Bridges

Here's the utility itself:
http://dwestbrook.net/projects/ham/spotcollector2pskr/
It will watch the SC database for new local spots, and then post them to
PSKReporter.

DAVE -- My source code is posted there for reference, if you ever
reconsider implementing PSKR in SC.
Hmmmm.... maybe i could write a proxy for pskreporter that has a simple
API via http .... I'll add that to the project list.

~~~~

"Add Send-to-PSKReporter feature?"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dxlab/message/89211

"new utility: post local spots to PSKReporter"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dxlab/message/101569

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM, KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz@...> wrote:

**

On Monday Dave might have said:

There is no way to spot automatically decoded PSK signals to the DX
cluster
network. You can, however, use the Spot button in WinWarbler's "QSO Info"
panel to easily generate a DX cluster network spot for any station you
decode or work.
ok .. and following that, I see

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/winwarbler/Help/Logging.htm#Generating%20DX%20Spots

narrows the question of spots down, as you mentioned.

I knew about this path to 'Spots'. Somehow I was thinking the
reception/decoding was also like a "Skimmer".

No worries for me. It was only a curiosity as I watched the collected
spots from the cluster mixed with what I was receiving and
'spotting' .

Thanks,
--
KD7YZ Bob

NR4U Bob AFMARS

On Monday Dave might have said:

There is no way to spot automatically decoded PSK signals to the DX cluster
network. You can, however, use the Spot button in WinWarbler's "QSO Info"
panel to easily generate a DX cluster network spot for any station you
decode or work.
ok .. and following that, I see
http://www.dxlabsuite.com/winwarbler/Help/Logging.htm#Generating%20DX%20Spots

narrows the question of spots down, as you mentioned.

I knew about this path to 'Spots'. Somehow I was thinking the
reception/decoding was also like a "Skimmer".

No worries for me. It was only a curiosity as I watched the collected
spots from the cluster mixed with what I was receiving and
'spotting' .

Thanks,
--
KD7YZ Bob

Dave AA6YQ

As described in

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/winwarbler/Help/BroadbandDecode.htm>

WinWarbler has the ability to decode all PSK signals on the band.
WinWarbler's Broadband PSK Decoder provides an option (which you evidently
have enabled) to create a local spot when a new PSK signal is decoded.
"Local spot" means an entry is created in SpotCollector's Spot Database; no
"DX spot" is sent to the DX cluster network.

There is no way to spot automatically decoded PSK signals to the DX cluster
network. You can, however, use the Spot button in WinWarbler's "QSO Info"
panel to easily generate a DX cluster network spot for any station you
decode or work.

As I understand it, "PSK Reporter" is not connected to the DX cluster
network.