DXKeeper 10.3.2 is available

Dave AA6YQ

This release

- if the Capture window is closed but WinWarbler is running, displays a QSO in the Log Page Display in red font if its callsign, band, and mode matches those items in the Capture window (tnx to Rich W3ZJ)

- properly imports the Distance field from an ADIF file when the locale's decimal separator is not a period character (tnx to Joe DL4CF)

- properly implements "Add Needed requests all with same call" and "Add Needed requests all with same manager" for VUCC (tnx to Joe W4TV)

- doesn't allow a decimal separator character to be entered into an item whose data type is integer (tnx to Duncan KF6ILA)

- saves the "Backup folder" setting to the Windows Registry on shutdown (tnx to Bob WB2NVR)

- when syncing LotW QSLs, ignores an LotW-specified US county whose state does not match the QSO's US state (tnx to Jim AA0MZ)

- provides the option to consider LotW confirmations when generating WAZ progress, submission, and summary reports (tnx to Joe W4TV)

- unconditionally includes QSOs confirmed by LotW in WPX progress and submission reports

- includes by card, by eQSL AG, and by LotW subtotals in WPX progress and submission reports (tnx to Joe W4TV)

- unconditionally includes QSOs confirmed via LotW or via Authenticity-guaranteed members of eQSL in the WAE progress report (tnx to Manfred DB3KE)

- extends the WAE progress report to display and compute Band Points (tnx to Manfred DB3KE)

- if internet access is available, responds to the CTRL key being depressed while clicking one of the Main window's Help buttons by displaying an appropriate article in "Getting Started with DXLab"

- updates the Configuration.htm, Contesting.htm, Items.htm, Progress.htm, and SQL.htm documentation file

DXKeeper 10.3.2 is available via the DXLab Launcher and via

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm>

John E Bastin <jbastin@...>

On Jul 6, 2012, at 1:41 AM, Dave wrote:

- when syncing LotW QSLs, ignores an LotW-specified US county whose state does not match the QSO's US state (tnx to Jim AA0MZ)
Now when I sync QSLs from LotW, I get an additional line in LotW_QSLs_ADI_Results for every QSL that does not any county, thus:

2010-01-31 21:59:55 K8MM 160M CW K8AJS ignoring US County specified by LotW that doesn't match US State MI

73,

John K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com

John E Bastin <jbastin@...>

On Jul 6, 2012, at 4:46 PM, John E Bastin wrote:

Now when I sync QSLs from LotW, I get an additional line in LotW_QSLs_ADI_Results for every QSL that does not any county, thus:
should say:

Now when I sync QSLs from LotW, I get an additional line in LotW_QSLs_ADI_Results for every QSL that does not have any county, thus:

73,

John K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
- when syncing LotW QSLs, ignores an LotW-specified US county whose state
does not match the QSO's US state (tnx to Jim AA0MZ)

Now when I sync QSLs from LotW, I get an additional line in
LotW_QSLs_ADI_Results for every QSL that does not any county, thus:

2010-01-31 21:59:55 K8MM 160M CW K8AJS
ignoring US County specified by LotW that doesn't match US State MI

Accurate, but unnecessary and annoying. This defect is fixed in the next
version of DXKeeper, which I've sent to you for verification.

wb2nvr <wb2nvr@...>

Hi Dave -

I've downloaded 10.3.2, but the Backup Folder issue still seems to be present. I corrected the folder, made a backup, exited DXKeeper and updated the workspace, but the incorrect folder is still showing up the next time I open a different log.

It's not a high priority for me, but wanted to bring it to your attention.

TNX ES 73,

Bob WB2NVR

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <aa6yq@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Bob. Please do the following:
1. start DXKeeper 10.3.2

2. on the Configuration window's Log tab, change the Backup folder pathname
(don't initiate a backup)

3. terminate DXKeeper

4. start DXKeeper 10.3.2

5. on the Configuration window's Log tab, does the Backup folder pathname
reflect the change you made in step 2 above?

wb2nvr <wb2nvr@...>

Hi Dave -

Sorry for the delay in responding to your request.

I started DXK 10.3.2 for W2RZS. The backup location was J75RZ. I changed the location to W2RZS, didn't do a backup, and closed DXK. I restarted DXK, and the backup location remained W2RZS, as expected.

I then updated the Work Space for W2RZS to save the backup location.

I then activated the WS for J75RZ, and opened DXK for J75RZ. The backup location shows W2RZS. I changed it to J75RZ, closed DXK without making a B/U, re-opened DXK for J75RZ, and confirmed that the B/U location was J75RZ. I closed DXK, and updated the WS for J75RZ to save the B/U location.

I then activated the WS for W2RZS, opened DXK for W2RZS, and the B/U location was J75RZ.

73,

Bob WB2NVR

AA6YQ comments below

Sorry for the delay in responding to your request.

I started DXK 10.3.2 for W2RZS. The backup location was J75RZ. I changed
the location to W2RZS, didn't do a backup, and closed DXK. I restarted DXK,
and the backup location remained W2RZS, as expected.

This confirms that the defect your reported was in fact corrected.
Versions of DXKeeper prior to 10.3.2 would have not updated the Windows
Registry to reflect the change in backup folder from W2RZS to J75RZ unless
you first initiated a backup.

I then updated the Work Space for W2RZS to save the backup location.

I then activated the WS for J75RZ, and opened DXK for J75RZ. The backup
location shows W2RZS.

The implication of this is that your J75RX Workspace specified the backup
location for W2RZS.

I changed it to J75RZ, closed DXK without making a B/U, re-opened DXK for
J75RZ, and confirmed that the B/U location was J75RZ.

Once again confirming that the defect was corrected.

I closed DXK, and updated the WS for J75RZ to save the B/U location.

I then activated the WS for W2RZS, opened DXK for W2RZS, and the B/U
location was J75RZ.

You confirmed that the Windows Registry entry for the backup location was
set to W2RZS when you restarted DXKeeper above. The question is why this
wasn't saved in the W2RZS Workspace when you updated it.

Using Notepad, navigate to the W2RZS folder in the Launcher's Workspaces
folder, and (with Notepad's "Files of Type" selector set to "All Files"),
open the file DXKeeper.reg

Be careful to make no changes in this file (in case you inadvertently
invoke the File:Save menu item)

Search for
BackupDirectory

You should find a line like
"BackupDirectory"="C:&#92;&#92;DXLab&#92;&#92;Archives&#92;&#92;Log Backups"

What does the line you find look like?
Terminate Notepad without saving changes.

wb2nvr <wb2nvr@...>

Thanks, Dave.

The file is:

"BackupDirectory"="&#92;&#92;NETGEARNAS&#92;backup&#92;W2RZS&#92;DXKeeper&#92;W2RZS"

73,

Bob

[...]

Thanks. When you start DXKeeper, what appears the Backup pathname?

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "wb2nvr" <wb2nvr@...> wrote:

[...]

DXKeeper 10.3.2; DXKeeper Configuration; Log: Backup folder:

[...]

So in summary,

1. you "then activated the WS for W2RZS, opened DXK for W2RZS, and the B/U
location was J75RZ"

2. found that the W2RZS workspace specifies
&#92;&#92;NETGEARNAS&#92;backup&#92;W2RZS&#92;DXKeeper&#92;W2RZS as its backup folder

3. confirmed that when you started DXKeeper, the backup folder was set to
&#92;&#92;NETGEARNAS&#92;backup&#92;W2RZS&#92;DXKeeper&#92;W2RZS

The question is "why did steps 2 and 3 produce a result different than step
1"? I can think of no technical explanation.

[...]

Thanks for spending the time on this. Since it only impacts people who have more than one log and use WorkSpaces, it might not be worth the effort to resolve this - especially if it's pilot error. However, please give me one last try.

When I finish working on one log, and if I make a change to something - like the log layout, I'll save the change, and then Update the WS. When I activate a different WS and open that log, the backup location is that of the previously updated WS. It seems like the backup directory for the WS that was just updated is overwriting the backup directory for another callsign/log. I have multiple folders within my backup directory (one per call). Updating the WS changes the backup file location in ALL of the folders - not just the for the call that is being updated.

I just confirmed that this is still happening with the latest updates.

[...]

After making a change in a DXLab application's setting, you must
terminate that application before directing the Launcher to update the
Workspace.

When I activate a different WS and open that log, the backup location is
that of the previously updated WS. It seems like the backup directory for
the WS that was just updated is overwriting the backup directory for another
callsign/log. I have multiple folders within my backup directory (one per
call). Updating the WS changes the backup file location in ALL of the
folders - not just the for the call that is being updated.

Use Windows Explorer to view the "date and time of last modification" for
the files in each of two of your Workspace folders. Now direct the Launcher
to Update one of these two Workspaces. Check the "date and time of last
modification" of the files in each Workspace folder. Were both Workspaces
updated, or just one?

wb2nvr <wb2nvr@...>

### WB2NVR comments below

AA6YQ comments below
Thanks for spending the time on this. Since it only impacts people who have
more than one log and use WorkSpaces, it might not be worth the effort to
resolve this - especially if it's pilot error. However, please give me one
last try.

When I finish working on one log, and if I make a change to something - like
the log layout, I'll save the change, and then Update the WS.

After making a change in a DXLab application's setting, you must
terminate that application before directing the Launcher to update the
Workspace.
#### Yes, I realize that.

When I activate a different WS and open that log, the backup location is
that of the previously updated WS. It seems like the backup directory for
the WS that was just updated is overwriting the backup directory for another
callsign/log. I have multiple folders within my backup directory (one per
call). Updating the WS changes the backup file location in ALL of the
folders - not just the for the call that is being updated.

Use Windows Explorer to view the "date and time of last modification" for
the files in each of two of your Workspace folders. Now direct the Launcher
to Update one of these two Workspaces. Check the "date and time of last
modification" of the files in each Workspace folder. Were both Workspaces
updated, or just one?
#### Interesting update.

I checked each of the 7 WS, and recorded the time and date of each folder/file. All had various times and dates. When I activated each WS for each call, every one was set to backup into the W2RZS folder. I then activated the TO5RZ WS, changed the backup folder to TO5RZ, did a backup, and closed DXKeeper. I DID NOT update the WS. I then activated the W2RZS WS, and the backup folder selected was TO5RZ.

I also selected various log files from within DXKeeper, without using WS, and the result was the same.

So, it seems that the backup folder is being selected without updating the WS - as if the last backup folder used is automatically selected for subsequent backups, regardless of what is saved in the WS.

Bob WB2NVR

*** More AA6YQ comments below

[...]

*** How did you determine the DXKeeper backup folder setting for each
Workspace?

I then activated the TO5RZ WS, changed the backup folder to TO5RZ, did a
backup, and closed DXKeeper. I DID NOT update the WS. I then activated the
W2RZS WS, and the backup folder selected was TO5RZ.

*** Please repeat this process, but this time check the "last modified"
date/times of the DXKeeper.reg files in each Workspace folder -- before the
process starts, and after the process is completed. Please post these
date/times here.

wb2nvr <wb2nvr@...>

%%%% WB2NVR Comments below

[...]

%%%% I activated each workspace, and then opened DXK, and checked the location shown in the Backup folder window on the Configuration Log tab.

I then activated the TO5RZ WS, changed the backup folder to TO5RZ, did a
backup, and closed DXKeeper. I DID NOT update the WS. I then activated the
W2RZS WS, and the backup folder selected was TO5RZ.

*** Please repeat this process, but this time check the "last modified"
date/times of the DXKeeper.reg files in each Workspace folder -- before the
process starts, and after the process is completed. Please post these
date/times here.
%%%% I'm not updating the WS, so the times don't change. The last backup folder location is retained, regardless of what is in the WS.

For example, from the TO5RZ DXK Configuration Log page, Backup folder:

&#92;&#92;NETGEARNAS&#92;backup&#92;W2RZS&#92;DXKeeper&#92;J75RZ

From the TO5RZ DXKeeper.reg file:

"BackupDirectory"="&#92;&#92;NETGEARNAS&#92;backup&#92;W2RZS&#92;DXKeeper&#92;TO5RZ"

The date/time before and after activating is 7/5/2012 9:08 AM

The Backup directory in the DXKeeper.reg file doesn't seem to be read or applied.

Activating the VP5RZS WS:

DXKeeper configuration, Log page, Backup folder: &#92;&#92;NETGEARNAS&#92;backup&#92;W2RZS&#92;DXKeeper&#92;J75RZ

DXKeeper.reg shows: "BackupDirectory"="&#92;&#92;NETGEARNAS&#92;backup&#92;W2RZS&#92;DXKeeper&#92;VP5_2003"

The date/time for the VP5RZS WS remains 7/5/2012 9:13 AM. I did not update the WS before changing from one call to another.

The data is the same for the five other calls that I have WS for.

%%%%%%

*** More AA6YQ comments below

[...]

From the TO5RZ DXKeeper.reg file:

"BackupDirectory"="&#92;&#92;NETGEARNAS&#92;backup&#92;W2RZS&#92;DXKeeper&#92;TO5RZ"

The date/time before and after activating is 7/5/2012 9:08 AM

The Backup directory in the DXKeeper.reg file doesn't seem to be read or
applied.

Activating the VP5RZS WS:

DXKeeper configuration, Log page, Backup folder:
&#92;&#92;NETGEARNAS&#92;backup&#92;W2RZS&#92;DXKeeper&#92;J75RZ

DXKeeper.reg shows:
"BackupDirectory"="&#92;&#92;NETGEARNAS&#92;backup&#92;W2RZS&#92;DXKeeper&#92;VP5_2003"

The date/time for the VP5RZS WS remains 7/5/2012 9:13 AM. I did not update
the WS before changing from one call to another.

The data is the same for the five other calls that I have WS for.

*** I created two Workspaces, each specifying a different Backup folder.
Directing the Launcher to activate a Workspace and then starting DXKeeper
reveals that the correct Backup folder is always specified.

*** Please direct the Launcher to create a pair of WorkSpaces on your C:
drive -- not in &#92;&#92;NETGEARNAS -- and then use DXKeeper to set each
WorkSpace's Backup Folder to a different pathname. Then activate a
Workspace, and start DXKeeper; is the correct Backup Folder pathname
specified? Terminate DXKeeper, activate the other Workspace, and start
DXKeeper; is the correct Backup Folder pathname specified?

wb2nvr <wb2nvr@...>

Hi Dave -

Problem solved!

The problem wasn't the location of the WS, but the path to the location of the backups. Once I mapped the backup location on &#92;&#92;NetgearNAS to a driveletter, I updated all of the WS for each log. Now, whenever I change WS, the correct backup location is selected.

Bob WB2NVR

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@...> wrote:

*** More AA6YQ comments below

*** Please direct the Launcher to create a pair of WorkSpaces on your C:
drive -- not in &#92;&#92;NETGEARNAS -- and then use DXKeeper to set each
WorkSpace's Backup Folder to a different pathname. Then activate a
Workspace, and start DXKeeper; is the correct Backup Folder pathname
specified? Terminate DXKeeper, activate the other Workspace, and start
DXKeeper; is the correct Backup Folder pathname specified?

I'm glad you got it sorted, Bob.