From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...]On Behalf Of
KU7Y
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2012 12:46 AM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: [dxlab] Keeping track of SOTA contacts

What is the best way to keep track of SOTA contacts?

You can create a user-defined field to record each QSO's SOTA reference.
Filtering the Log Page Display to include only QSOs whose user-defined SOTA
fields are non-empty will let you review your progress; you can use the Log
report to generate a printable progress report.

If use you employ user-defined field 0 to record SOTA references, the SQL
expression

APP_DXKEEPER_USER_DEFINED_0 ='<filtertextbox>'

will let you type a SOTA reference into the Filter panel textbox and
quickly determine whether you've worked that reference. Placing this
expression in one of the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window's
"SQL Query Filters" panel will let you invoke this search via a button in
the Filter panel.

KU7Y <ku7y.cw@...>

Thanks Dave,

That's just the info I was looking for!

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
SOWP 5545M
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club
Brenda, AZ (Winter)
Caldwell, ID (Summer)
ku7y@...
http://www.hatpinsandmore.com
KX3 #0062

What is the best way to keep track of SOTA contacts?

>>>You can create a user-defined field to record each QSO's SOTA reference.
Filtering the Log Page Display to include only QSOs whose user-defined SOTA
fields are non-empty will let you review your progress; you can use the Log
report to generate a printable progress report.

>>>If use you employ user-defined field 0 to record SOTA references, the SQL
expression

APP_DXKEEPER_USER_DEFINED_0 ='<filtertextbox>'

>>>will let you type a SOTA reference into the Filter panel textbox and
quickly determine whether you've worked that reference. Placing this
expression in one of the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window's
"SQL Query Filters" panel will let you invoke this search via a button in
the Filter panel.

supernova12de <dl9ho@...>

SpotCollector's add on SpotSpy supports SOTA alerts.

Volker, DL9HO

--- In dxlab@..., KU7Y <ku7y.cw@...> wrote:

What is the best way to keep track of SOTA contacts?

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
SOWP 5545M
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club
Brenda, AZ (Winter)
Caldwell, ID (Summer)
ku7y@...
http://www.hatpinsandmore.com
KX3 #0062

Joe WB9SBD

I Installed just now the spot spy, and all went in well, It asked to
check for up dates. and i did, it found a newer one, but when it went to
get it AVG shut it down saying a trojan was inside it.

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

--- In dxlab@... <mailto:dxlab%40yahoogroups.com>, KU7Y
<ku7y.cw@...> wrote:

What is the best way to keep track of SOTA contacts?

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
SOWP 5545M
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club
Brenda, AZ (Winter)
Caldwell, ID (Summer)
ku7y@...
http://www.hatpinsandmore.com
KX3 #0062

supernova12de <dl9ho@...>

Hi Joe,

the "alert" message from your antivirus program is a false positive. There is no trojan inside SpotSpy.

Please attach the AVG "trojan"-message to an email to dl9ho@.... Thanks.

73
Volker, DL9HO (SpotSpy)

BTW: Nice blog article about False positives: http://blog.nirsoft.net/2009/05/17/antivirus-companies-cause-a-big-headache-to-small-developers/

Don't hesitate to send me an email if you need any help.

<ku7y.cw@> wrote:

What is the best way to keep track of SOTA contacts?

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
SOWP 5545M
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club
Brenda, AZ (Winter)
Caldwell, ID (Summer)
ku7y@
http://www.hatpinsandmore.com
KX3 #0062

Joe WB9SBD

I'll have to try to install it gain and see if it happens. again.

On 11/25/2012 11:05 AM, supernova12de wrote:

Hi Joe,

the "alert" message from your antivirus program is a false positive.
There is no trojan inside SpotSpy.

Please attach the AVG "trojan"-message to an email to dl9ho@...
<mailto:dl9ho%40gmx.net>. Thanks.

--- In dxlab@... <mailto:dxlab%40yahoogroups.com>, Joe

<ku7y.cw@> wrote:

What is the best way to keep track of SOTA contacts?

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
SOWP 5545M
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club
Brenda, AZ (Winter)
Caldwell, ID (Summer)
ku7y@
http://www.hatpinsandmore.com
KX3 #0062

kk1w2000 <kk1w@...>

Ron,

I used three user defined fields to keep track of my SOTA activities.
I'm sure there's other ways but I created the following fields.

1. Summit designator (a fill in the blank text field).
2. A field with a drop down box indicating whether the contact was as an
'activator' or 'chaser'
3. Call sign used (applicable for activations).

I wrote some SQL's to sort by 'activator', 'chaser' to segregate the log
and assigned them to buttons in DXKeeper.

We use our SOTA Jerk club call sometimes on activations (NE1SJ) but of
course the activation goes to SOTA under our own call.

Let me know what you come up with - always looking for new ideas. If you
want to know more about what I did I can send you some screen shots of
the user defined setup and the SQL expressions. I saw another thread
about exporting a .csv to upload to the SOTA database. I enter all mine
by hand directly into the database. It is possible to pull down a .csv
from the SOTA database, I'm sure that could be converted to an
appropriate format to import into DXkeeper. To be honest there's not
that many entries to be done that I've never considered trying to
automate the process.

'73...

Jim/KK1W

visit the SOTA Jerks on fb at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/141887235871029/?bookmark_t=group

--- In dxlab@..., KU7Y <ku7y.cw@...> wrote:

What is the best way to keep track of SOTA contacts?

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
SOWP 5545M
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club
Brenda, AZ (Winter)
Caldwell, ID (Summer)
ku7y@...
http://www.hatpinsandmore.com
KX3 #0062

John K3TN

I put the SOTA designator (like SOTA W3/NS-002 or whatever) in the comment field in the Capture windows. Then I created a DXkeeper filter button to look for SOTA in the comment field.

73 John K3TN