Topics

Spot Collector Stopped Working

Barry Priddy

This morning Spot Collector stopped working. It shows that I'm connected to my 4 usual spot sources, but nothing shows up on the screen. It is showing changes in the SFI, A, and K indices. My internet connection is functioning as I can connect to email and QRZ.COM.

I checked the error log, but there was nothing showing in it. I reloaded the program and it still does not perform.

The problem started after I had a problem with Flash Player this morning.

Barry Priddy -- K5VIP

Charles Morrison

Make that 2 of us Barry. I moved an installation of XP from one PC to another, did a repair installation of the OS, fixed all of the hardware issues, started my regular programs ok including Launcher. It prompted me for an upgrade, which I did. It told me to recompute when I upgraded the DXCC database, which I did and I then cleared the database in Spot Collector.

Now it connects just fine, and it even "flashes" the scroll bar along the bottom as I make changes to my selections, but the entire database is empty, and I cant figure out how to get it back.

May be something tied to my reinstallation though.. perhaps a runtime for Access?

Charlie
KI5XP

--- In dxlab@..., "nbpriddy" <nbpriddy@...> wrote:

This morning Spot Collector stopped working. It shows that I'm connected to my 4 usual spot sources, but nothing shows up on the screen. It is showing changes in the SFI, A, and K indices. My internet connection is functioning as I can connect to email and QRZ.COM.

I checked the error log, but there was nothing showing in it. I reloaded the program and it still does not perform.

The problem started after I had a problem with Flash Player this morning.

Barry Priddy -- K5VIP

iain macdonnell - N6ML

Check this page and see if it helps...

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/EmptyDatabase

73,

~iain / N6ML

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Charles Morrison
<cmorrison@...> wrote:

[...]

Iain

Thanks for the directions to the wiki. I'd pretty much covered those and
was still stumped. Not sure what just dislodged it, but something did and
now its working.

I did another reboot (when in doubt!). Then following Barry's possible
problem, I went straight to Adobe's flash page. Flash checked out ok, but
then I rebooted again, and up popped a flash update. I updated Flash,
loaded Launcher and when SC came up, I connected straight to a source and
they all appeared.

Certainly there's no connection between flash and DXK?

Not sure what I did, but something jarred it loose.

Charlie
Ki5xp

[...]

AA6YQ comments below
Thanks for the directions to the wiki. I'd pretty much covered those and
was still stumped. Not sure what just dislodged it, but something did and
now its working.

I did another reboot (when in doubt!). Then following Barry's possible
problem, I went straight to Adobe's flash page. Flash checked out ok, but
then I rebooted again, and up popped a flash update. I updated Flash,
loaded Launcher and when SC came up, I connected straight to a source and
they all appeared.

Certainly there's no connection between flash and DXK?

There's no connection between Flash and SpotCollector.

Charles Morrison

I wouldn't think so, especially since Keeper's log display was working just
fine.

Not sure what went on. Did have a weird issue with the clock, but got that
straight as well.

Dunno what the reason nothing showed.

Charlie

Ki5xp