From: K four Mck <k4mck@yahoo.com>
Subject: [dxlab] LOTW Delays
To: "dxlab@yahoogroups.com" <dxlab@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 11:52 AM

My log submitted Monday night ~ 2300 UTC just processed Thursday 17:30 UTC.

I hope they can get more server resources.  Until then, patience.

73,

Kevin

K4MCK

Fred Molesworth

In this McDonalds world of gotta have what I want in the next 30 seconds, we need to keep in mind that the alternatives to LOTW take months or even years to complete.

I see these delays as a good sign, in a strange sort of way, in that LOTW is gaining in popularity, and overall we'll have many more of our confirmations much more quickly and cheaply than in years past.

Perhaps they need to increase their overall capacity, but in the short run an automated email letting you know that your submission has been queued would serve to ease lots of anxiety.

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, Rick Scott <w7psk@...> wrote:

Mine was submitted Sunday night and still has not processed.  The Yahoo group ARRL-LOTW isnt helpful as its my own opinion they are only interested in Rah Rah LOTW or Latest DX matched posts else they complain about your comments about bad things happening.

Emails to help-lotw result in a boilerplate saying 33 hours and or a condescending if you cant ask about a single qso we cant help you message.

I fear its melting down and they dont know what is wrong.  I hate to see what happens when 20K QSOs from the Sweeps get dumped on top of issues they have now.

I know its accepted because DXKEEPER has marked all the QSO's as U.

From: K four Mck <k4mck@yahoo.com>
To: "dxlab@yahoogroups.com" <dxlab@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 11:52 AM

      My log submitted Monday night ~ 2300 UTC just processed Thursday 17:30 UTC.

I hope they can get more server resources.  Until then, patience.

73,

Kevin

K4MCK

LotW is clearly a relevant topic, but after watching the discussion on the ARRL-LotW Yahoo group go negative despite what I'm sure were best intentions all around, I suggest that we give the "LotW throughput and capacity" issue a wide berth. I'm not aware of anything involving DXLab that could be done to mitigate it.

Dealing with the impact of this issue -- checking status, or re-uploading unaccepted QSOs -- certainly remains "in bounds".

________________________________

From: K four Mck <k4mck@yahoo.com>
To: "dxlab@yahoogroups.com" <dxlab@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 11:52 AM

My log submitted Monday night ~ 2300 UTC just processed Thursday 17:30 UTC.

I hope they can get more server resources. Until then, patience.

73,

Kevin

K4MCK

Randy

Latest from ARRL: "Due to a large number of radio amateurs uploading their
logs to Logbook of The World (LoTW) after last weekend's CQ Worldwide SSB
Contest, the ARRL's online QSL verification service is experiencing delays.
According to ARRL IT Manager Michael Keane, K1MK, there is about a *60 hour
wait* for the more than 10,000 logs in the queue to be processed. "Logs are
processed in the order in which they were received," he explained. "If you
have uploaded your log to LoTW, your log is currently queued for
processing. It has not been lost in the system. Uploading your log multiple
times will only further delay your log and those of others to be processed."

Rick W7PSK

Only Question I have, Im not sure of is DXK Related.

When you do an upload and click on the upload LOTW it churns and then comes back and says accepted, does that mean that DXKeeper has seen the TQ5 return messages?

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below