Hand Written QSL Cards

g4wjs

I have a log that contains contacts that require hand written QSL cards. I would like to use the QSL queue facility of DxK to manage this but don't see an obvious workflow. I guess I could generate a PDF file of auto pronted cards then copy the details to the actual cards -- is there a way of skipping the print file and just processing the queue one by one manually?

I see that I can jump back to the QSO record by Ctrl+Double-click from the QSL queue, but I don't see a way of doing the back filling of the QSL sent card. I propose to just edit each QSO as I go and clear the QSL queue at the end, but this seems error prone if I don't write all the cards in one pass.

Bill.

Peter Laws / N5UWY

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 16:18, g4wjs <bill.8@classdesign.com> wrote:
I have a log that contains contacts that require hand written QSL cards. I would like to use the QSL queue facility of
What do you mean "require hand written" cards?

g4wjs

OK, I think I can answer my own question here. I see that the enable/disable check box on each queue entry allows me to process the queue in batches and that seems to allow me to do what I require. I.e. I will disable all then enable each as I write the matching card, then I can update the log whenever I like because it will only process the enabled QSOs.

73
Bill.

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "g4wjs" <bill.8@...> wrote:

I have a log that contains contacts that require hand written QSL cards. I would like to use the QSL queue facility of DxK to manage this but don't see an obvious workflow. I guess I could generate a PDF file of auto pronted cards then copy the details to the actual cards -- is there a way of skipping the print file and just processing the queue one by one manually?

I see that I can jump back to the QSO record by Ctrl+Double-click from the QSL queue, but I don't see a way of doing the back filling of the QSL sent card. I propose to just edit each QSO as I go and clear the QSL queue at the end, but this seems error prone if I don't write all the cards in one pass.

Bill.

g4wjs

I mean just what I say. Pre printed cards that I write contact details on with a pen. No labels, no computer printed cards etc.

73
Bill.

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, Peter Laws <plaws0@...> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 16:18, g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:
I have a log that contains contacts that require hand written QSL cards. I would like to use the QSL queue facility of
What do you mean "require hand written" cards?

Roy G. Jackson <n9rg@...>

Do the cards actually have to be hand-written, or can you print out labels and attach to cards? Just a thought. The other thing you could do is print 'labels' on plain paper, then as you processed the QSL's, mark them off one by one. I'm sure Dave or someone else will come up with something much more elegant! 73 es gl.

Roy KW4G

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxlab%40yahoogroups.com>, "g4wjs" <bill.8@...> wrote:

I have a log that contains contacts that require hand written QSL
cards. I would like to use the QSL queue facility of DxK to manage this but don't see an obvious workflow. I guess I could generate a PDF file of auto pronted cards then copy the details to the actual cards -- is there a way of skipping the print file and just processing the queue one by one manually?

I see that I can jump back to the QSO record by Ctrl+Double-click
from the QSL queue, but I don't see a way of doing the back filling of the QSL sent card. I propose to just edit each QSO as I go and clear the QSL queue at the end, but this seems error prone if I don't write all the cards in one pass.

Bill.

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
OK, I think I can answer my own question here. I see that the enable/disable
check box on each queue entry allows me to process the queue in batches and
that seems to allow me to do what I require. I.e. I will disable all then
enable each as I write the matching card, then I can update the log whenever
I like because it will only process the enabled QSOs.

If there are only a few of these, then the let DXKeeper print the cards
or labels as it would for your other outgoing cards, but discard the printed
card/label and replace it with a hand-written card. That way, the "Update
Log" function will correctly update your log to reflect the outgoing card's
issuance.

Peter Laws / N5UWY

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 16:33, g4wjs <bill.8@classdesign.com> wrote:
I mean just what I say. Pre printed cards that I write contact details on with a pen. No labels, no computer printed cards etc.
OK, I thought you meant that the other station refused to QSL if you
used a label!