VP8ORK as VP8-F

Peter Jordahl

Dave,
When I click on a spot for VP8ORK DXVIEW comes up with VP8-F. I checked
the DXCC database (ver. 2.3.4) and South Orkney Isds show VP8-O and the
Falkland Isds do NOT include VP8-O. Anticipating some responses, I have
NO current overrides, and NO previous VP8-O QSO's that might override
the DXCC database.

If I enter VP8O in DXVIEW it also come up as Falklands, with which I DO
have several QSO's, all marked as VP8-F in DXKEEPER.

All current versions of programs and databases.

Have you any suggestions, short of an override?

Thanks and 73
Pete K5GM
Pete Jordahl, K5GM
k5gm@...

Peter Jordahl

I did not see the earlier response by Joe on this subject, sorry. But
that still begs the question of how DXVIEW or SpotCollector interprets
the DXCC database as it does? I see nothing in there about all of the
VP8 calls being assigned to the Falklands.

I guess for now an override is the appropriate fix.

73
Pete K5GM

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:10 -0600, "Peter Jordahl" <k5gm@...> wrote:
Dave,
When I click on a spot for VP8ORK DXVIEW comes up with VP8-F. I checked
the DXCC database (ver. 2.3.4) and South Orkney Isds show VP8-O and the
Falkland Isds do NOT include VP8-O. Anticipating some responses, I have
NO current overrides, and NO previous VP8-O QSO's that might override
the DXCC database.

If I enter VP8O in DXVIEW it also come up as Falklands, with which I DO
have several QSO's, all marked as VP8-F in DXKEEPER.

All current versions of programs and databases.

Have you any suggestions, short of an override?

Thanks and 73
Pete K5GM
Pete Jordahl, K5GM
k5gm@...

Pete Jordahl, K5GM
k5gm@...

Peter Jordahl

I went back farther in the list and found Dave's explanation. Should
have looked harder before.
No response necessary, thanks. As did others, I was
incorrectlyinterpreting VP8-O as meaning "all calls beginning with VP8O"
73
Pete K5GM

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:43 -0600, "Peter Jordahl" <k5gm@...> wrote:
[...]

Dave AA6YQ