Topics

begin and end times flashing red

Steve K8JQ

Dave,

When I open DXKeeper, the "begin" and "end" labels for the time of the last QSO are flashing red. DXKeeper wants me to make corrections to the last log entry before allowing me to navigate to other QSO's in the log.

The begin and end times are the same for the last log entry: 12/19/2010 14:31

I imported a batch of Stew Perry Top Band contest QSO's from N1MMLogger. I didn't see this error at the time, but it could have been there and I didn't notice it. Since the import, I upgraded to DXKeeper 9.1.9.

Advice as to how to fix this?

Thanks.

Steve K8JQ

--
Read The Patriot Post Vertitas vos Liberabit

N1BUG

Steve,

You may want to start by checking your computer clock. Your message was time stamped 02:59 AM 1/1/2000... nearly 11 years ago! I suspect DXKeeper doesn't understand the time of a QSO being later than the current system time.

Paul N1BUG

Steve wrote:

Dave,
When I open DXKeeper, the "begin" and "end" labels for the time of the
last QSO are flashing red. DXKeeper wants me to make corrections to the
last log entry before allowing me to navigate to other QSO's in the log.
The begin and end times are the same for the last log entry:
12/19/2010 14:31
I imported a batch of Stew Perry Top Band contest QSO's from N1MMLogger.
I didn't see this error at the time, but it could have been there and I
didn't notice it. Since the import, I upgraded to DXKeeper 9.1.9.
Advice as to how to fix this?
Thanks.
Steve K8JQ

Steve K8JQ

Good insight Paul, thank you. Don't know how the date/time got reset, hasn't happened before with this computer. Fixed the date/time and all is well.

I guess I should have known the problem would be with the computer and surely not with DXKeeper. Don't know what I was thinking! :-)

Steve K8JQ

Steve wrote:

Dave,

When I open DXKeeper, the "begin" and "end" labels for the time of the
last QSO are flashing red. DXKeeper wants me to make corrections to the
last log entry before allowing me to navigate to other QSO's in the log.

The begin and end times are the same for the last log entry:
12/19/2010 14:31

I imported a batch of Stew Perry Top Band contest QSO's from N1MMLogger.
I didn't see this error at the time, but it could have been there and I
didn't notice it. Since the import, I upgraded to DXKeeper 9.1.9.

Advice as to how to fix this?

Thanks.

Steve K8JQ

Richard B Drake

According to the time stamp on this email message, you sent it on 1/1/2000 2:59 AM. This an indication that your computer clock is off by about 10 years. I suspect this is the cause of your problem.

73, Rich - W3ZJ

Steve wrote:

The begin and end times are the same for the last log entry:
12/19/2010 14:31

I imported a batch of Stew Perry Top Band contest QSO's from N1MMLogger.
I didn't see this error at the time, but it could have been there and I
didn't notice it. Since the import, I upgraded to DXKeeper 9.1.9.

Advice as to how to fix this?

Thanks.

Steve K8JQ

Richard J. Fiero II W5TFW <joeyw5tfw@...>

Rich, I think you are getting your messages Late.

Joey

Steve wrote:
> The begin and end times are the same for the last log entry:
> 12/19/2010 14:31
>
> I imported a batch of Stew Perry Top Band contest QSO's from N1MMLogger.
> I didn't see this error at the time, but it could have been there and I
> didn't notice it. Since the import, I upgraded to DXKeeper 9.1.9.
>
> Advice as to how to fix this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Steve K8JQ

Richard B Drake

No, that's the date/time stamp that was put in the message header by the originator. It has nothing to do with when I (or anyone else) received it.

73, Rich - W3ZJ

Richard J. Fiero II W5TFW wrote:

Rich, I think you are getting your messages Late.

Joey
According to the time stamp on this email message, you sent it on
1/1/2000 2:59 AM. This an indication that your computer clock is off by
about 10 years. I suspect this is the cause of your problem.

73, Rich - W3ZJ

Dick Merryman

Um, Rich, I think that was a joke…

-Dick-
N3XRU

According to the time stamp on this email message, you sent it on
1/1/2000 2:59 AM. This an indication that your computer clock is off by
about 10 years. I suspect this is the cause of your problem.

73, Rich - W3ZJ

Richard J. Fiero II W5TFW <joeyw5tfw@...>

Yes,

but I give up, I suppose I am not funny !

Joey

No, that's the date/time stamp that was put in the message header by the
originator. It has nothing to do with when I (or anyone else) received it.

73, Rich - W3ZJ

Richard J. Fiero II W5TFW wrote:
> Rich, I think you are getting your messages Late.
>
> Joey

Richard B Drake

If it was, the joke is on me - Hi.

73, Rich - W3ZJ

Dick Merryman wrote:

Um, Rich, I think that was a joke…

-Dick-
N3XRU

According to the time stamp on this email message, you sent it on
1/1/2000 2:59 AM. This an indication that your computer clock is off by
about 10 years. I suspect this is the cause of your problem.

73, Rich - W3ZJ

Richard B Drake

Don't feel bad Joey, with the exception of Bill Cosby it's a rare comedian that can even make me smile. In fact I find most comedians stupid instead of funny and I have to turn them off. But, Bill Cosby's piece called, "Bill Cosby Himself", which he originally performed on stage and was later made into a film that aired several times on HBO had me rolling on the floor. As any parent knows everything he said about raising kids is absolutely true and he made a number of normally tense situations into hilarious comedy. Here is a guy with a Doctorate in Education making fun of his own inability to handle normal childhood situations. It's the funniest piece of stand up comedy I have ever seen. And not one four letter word in the whole thing!

On Fri, Dec 31, 1999 at 11:59 PM, Steve wrote:

When I open DXKeeper, the "begin" and "end" labels for the time of the last QSO are flashing red. DXKeeper wants me to make corrections to the last log entry before allowing me to navigate to other QSO's in the log.

The begin and end times are the same for the last log entry: 12/19/2010 14:31

I imported a batch of Stew Perry Top Band contest QSO's from N1MMLogger. I didn't see this error at the time, but it could have been there and I didn't notice it. Since the import, I upgraded to DXKeeper 9.1.9.

Advice as to how to fix this?

+ Since I just wrote it, please take a look at

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/LogIntegrity.htm>

+ If it doesn't help you, or could be improved, please let me know. Thanks!

Please ignore the response below to an ancient question.