From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...]On Behalf Of
Steve
Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2009 11:02 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: [dxlab] MyQTH Rig field

Hi Dave,

I have temporarily changed rigs while my primary transceiver is being
repaired. I see in the MyQTH table a field named "Rig."

How does one make use of the "Rig" field to indicate a specific piece of
equipment from among several that may be available? I'm still at the
same QTH, just a different transceiver.

Say you have three transceivers: an TS-2000, IC-7000, and an FT-950. You
would create three "my QTH" definitions:

Charleston-2000

Charleston-7000

Charleston-950

The items in these three "my QTH" definitions would be identical except
for the Rig item, which would contain TS-2000, IC-7000, and FT-950
respectively.

The "Default QTH ID" selector on the Config window's Log tab would let
you choose the "my QTH" that specifies the transceiver currently in use.

The advantage of doing this, compared to a user-defined item, is that the
information is stored in standard ADIF-defined field (MY_RIG), and thus is
more likely to be accepted by other logging applications -- which I
understand may not be a consideration. As they say, "I'm just sayin".

Steve K8JQ

Thanks Dave, thought it might be something like that.

A follow up question if you'd be so kind: The help web page Managing Multiple QTHs <cid:part1.05000008.09010407@...> states that "To modify a QTH definition, select its entry in grid display, make whatever changes are required, and click the *Save* button."

I do not seem to be able to get that function to work as described. Does it apply to the ID (that's what I want to change)?

I follow the instructions, but see no change in the QTH ID in the Log tab. But if I stop and start DXKeeper, the QTH ID field is then blank for all of the log entries for that modified QTH.

What am I missing?

Steve K8JQ

AA6YQ comments below
[...]

Read The Patriot Post
hppt://PatriotPost.US/Subscribe/ Vertitas vos Liberabit

Dave AA6YQ

Once you define a "myQTH ID", you can't modify it. Create a new myQTH with
the desired "myQTH ID", fill in its textboxes, and then delete the original
whose "myQTH ID" you disliked.

Thanks Dave, thought it might be something like that.

A follow up question if you'd be so kind: The help web page Managing
Multiple QTHs <cid:part1.05000008.09010407@...> states that
"To modify a QTH definition, select its entry in grid display, make
whatever changes are required, and click the *Save* button."

I do not seem to be able to get that function to work as described. Does
it apply to the ID (that's what I want to change)?

I follow the instructions, but see no change in the QTH ID in the Log
tab. But if I stop and start DXKeeper, the QTH ID field is then blank
for all of the log entries for that modified QTH.

What am I missing?

Steve K8JQ

AA6YQ comments below
[...]

08:11:00

Dave AA6YQ

When I said "Once you define a 'myQTH ID', you can't modify it", I mean that you cannot modify the identifier; you can modify any of it contents.

--- In dxlab@..., "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@...> wrote:

[...]

AA6YQ comments below
[...]

Is there an en masse method to insert the new myQTH ID into existing log entries that have the myQTH ID that will be deleted?

Steve K8JQ

aa6yq wrote:

[...]

Dave AA6YQ wrote:

AA6YQ comments below