Multiple Locations and DXCC and WAS Awards

dlgendle <dgendle@...>

Greetings!

In early 2000 I moved residences. The move was within the same state,
under 125 miles, but over 50 miles. This allows me to uses QSOs from
both locations combined for the various DXCC awards. However, it does
not allow me to combine both locations QSOs for WAS awards.

Currently all QSOs are logged as the same location in DXKeeper and
both locations QSOs are combined in a single WAS progress report.

If I were to filter the log by date, change all the QSOs from the
prior location to a different Station Location would this resolve the
WAS award tracking problem and have separate reports for both
locations? What about my DXCC Award tracking, would it alter that?

Is there a better way to accomplish my goal?

Thanks!

73,
Dave - K4DLG

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
In early 2000 I moved residences. The move was within the same state,
under 125 miles, but over 50 miles. This allows me to uses QSOs from
both locations combined for the various DXCC awards. However, it does
not allow me to combine both locations QSOs for WAS awards.

Currently all QSOs are logged as the same location in DXKeeper and
both locations QSOs are combined in a single WAS progress report.

If I were to filter the log by date, change all the QSOs from the
prior location to a different Station Location would this resolve the
WAS award tracking problem and have separate reports for both
locations?

Yes, though you'll have to filter the "Log Page Display" by Station
Location before generating a WAS report for that location.

What about my DXCC Award tracking, would it alter that?

No.
Is there a better way to accomplish my goal?

The approach you suggest above is what I recommend.

Art Searle W2NRA <w2nra@...>

Or. after you setup both locations, you can make an SQL file to create a WAS report like this as follows.

New QTH (substitute your new MYQTHID for 'new' in SQL):
filter (MYQTHID = 'new') and (not (Prop_Mode = 'SAT')) and (not (Band = '60m')) and (APP_DXKeeper_LOTW_QSL_RCVD = 'Y' or APP_DXKeeper_LOTW_QSL_RCVD = 'S' or APP_DXKeeper_LOTW_QSL_RCVD = 'V')
report us_states D:&#92;AR&#92;DXLab Suite&#92;DXKeeper&#92;reports&#92;WAS&#92;us_states_WAS.txt

Old QTH (substitute your old MYQTHID for 'old' in SQL):
filter (MYQTHID = 'old') and (not (Prop_Mode = 'SAT')) and (not (Band = '60m')) and (APP_DXKeeper_LOTW_QSL_RCVD = 'Y' or APP_DXKeeper_LOTW_QSL_RCVD = 'S' or APP_DXKeeper_LOTW_QSL_RCVD = 'V')
report us_states D:&#92;AR&#92;DXLab Suite&#92;DXKeeper&#92;reports&#92;WAS&#92;us_states_WAS.txt

73 Art W2NRA
"Keep to the Code!"
w2nra.com

[...]

Dave and Art,

Thanks for the assistance. After changing the Location ID the WAS
totals were right on.

Art - the script worked great - pretty neat, going to have to play
around with scripts more in the future.

73,
Dave - K4DLG

AA6YQ comments below