Topics

WinWarbler intercharacter spacing

Steve K8JQ

I'm using WinWarbler and WinKeyer to generate CW. Is there a way to adjust intercharacter and interword spacing? I looked in the configuration for both WinWarbler and WinKeyer but didn't find anything.

No doubt the spacing is computer perfect, but it seems to me that in the 20-25WPM range, the sending sounds choppy because of intercharacter spacing being too long. If you get up around 30wpm it sounds about right.

Steve K8JQ

--
Read The Patriot It's Right -- It's Free
http://PatriotPost.US/subscribe/ Veritas vos Liberabit

Dave AA6YQ

When using a WinKey, settings in the Weight panel on the Config
window's CW tab let you control dot weight, dash weight, and inter-
word spacing. Control over inter-element and inter-character spacing
is only available if WinWarbler itself is generating the CW.