Date   

Re: Comander freezes up

Mike Flowers
 

Is there a USB/Serial converter involved?

 

Is Power Management for the USB port disabled?   If not, could be the issue …

 

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, NCDXC Secretary

 

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2020 06:28
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: [DXLab] Comander freezes up

 

Is anyone experiencing commander freezing up after about 5 minutes of starting up. I can shut it down and reboot it but it does the same thing every time. Check the configuration and everything seems to be in order. Any suggestions?


Re: RF in Commander

Bill Pence
 

Wait.  So the radio does not change, but the commander display does?

Wow. Maybe commander IS losing cat comms to the radio?

I think I misread the description. I understood the RADIO changed.

Ok, maybe ferrites are warranted.

Best of luck. Let us know if ferrites help.



On Sun, Mar 15, 2020, 12:24 PM Bill via Groups.Io <ko4nrbs=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bumped the power up to 150 watts and it did it with the red goalpost set between 500 and 1000.

Screwy problem.  The frequency does not change on WSJT-X or the radio when it happens.

73,
Bill

On Sunday, March 15, 2020, 11:18:49 AM CDT, Bill Pence <pence.bill@...> wrote:


I would be surprised if it truly IS rf on the cat cable since this look very much like a CAT command to adjust the frea.  I'd think rf on the cat cable would
create a CAT error by disrupting the communications betwen the PC and radio...

I suspect that WSJT is actually moving teh TX freq to "center" the tx signal in the passband... 

I thnk you mentioned that below 1500hz it does not shift?

can you go over 130w if the TX freq in WSJT  is below 1500 hz ?

I know wsjt CAN adjust the vfo to shift the TX signal in the audio passband to improve tx audio (avoiding audio filters in the radio.)
might be what you are seing...


On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 3:32 PM Bill via Groups.Io <ko4nrbs=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Exactly what I thought.  Been doing a lot of testing and found below 130 watts or so the problem goes away.  Will order some clamp on ferrites and keep the power down.
73,
Bill

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 02:26:41 PM CDT, Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@...> wrote:


I would suspect RFI on the audio cables to/from the soundcard and possibly on the CAT cable.

 

See:  http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

 

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, NCDXC Secretary

 

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2020 12:09
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] RF in DXCommander

 

It doesn't happen below about 1500 or so on the WSJT-X waterfall.

Bill

 

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 02:02:54 PM CDT, g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:

 

 

Hi Bill,

 

in what way does it get worse at higher frequencies?

 

73
Bill
G4WJS.

 

On 14/03/2020 18:52, Bill via Groups.Io wrote:

As I go up in frequency the problem gets worse.

73,

Bill

 

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 01:18:27 PM CDT, Bill via Groups.Io <ko4nrbs@...> wrote:

 

 

Reducing power does eliminate the problem.  Also just noticed the mode switches between USB, where I set it, to LSB and then back again.  This is where the VFO display is.  Weird.

73,

Bill

 

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 01:01:06 PM CDT, g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:

 

 

Hi Bill,

 

OK. So if you reduce power to minimum, or use a dummy load, does the issue go away?

 

73
Bill
G4WJS.

 

On 14/03/2020 17:58, Bill via Groups.Io wrote:

In WSJT-X I selected DX LAB SUITE Commander as the radio. 

73,

Bill

 

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 12:34:34 PM CDT, Bill via Groups.Io <ko4nrbs@...> wrote:

 

 

See attached pic taken during transmit.

73,

Bill

 

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 12:31:22 PM CDT, g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:

 

 

Hi Bill,

 

can you explain how you have arranged for Commander to have CAT control of your rig while WSJT-X is also using the CAT interface?

 

73
Bill
G4WJS.

 

On 14/03/2020 17:28, Bill via Groups.Io wrote:

Can you explain exactly what you see in Commander when the above happens
please? What rig do you have and what options have you selected for
WSJT-X "Settings->Radio->RIg", "Settings->Radio->PTT Method",
"Settings->Radio->Mode", and "Settings->Radio->Split Operating"?

 

Rig is a Kenwood 850S.

Settings:

Radio- Kenwood

PTT Method-  CAT

Mode- None

Split- None

 

What I see is the VFO A frequency in Commander goes to 00 during transmit then back to my selected frequency when the rig is toggled to receive.

 

73,

Bill

 

 

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 12:21:42 PM CDT, Bill Pence <pence.bill@...> wrote:

 

 

Do you RIT (clarifier in Yaesu...) enabled and tuned on the rig?

 

 If so, the tx freq will change as RIT gets removed for TX....

 

 

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020, 1:14 PM Bill via Groups.Io <ko4nrbs=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Looks like I am getting RF via the CAT cable into DxCommander.  When transmitting the VFO frequency will drop to 00 then go back to the selected frequency when in receive.  WSJT-X and the rig's frequency does not change.

 

What mix clamp on ferrites should I use on the cable?

73,

Bill KO4NR

 


--
73

Bill

G4WJS.


Comander freezes up

Steve
 

Is anyone experiencing commander freezing up after about 5 minutes of starting up. I can shut it down and reboot it but it does the same thing every time. Check the configuration and everything seems to be in order. Any suggestions?


Icom IC-R30 control

Ron Liekens
 

Hi all,

I want to control my Icom IC-R30 fro doppler shift via CI-V (CAT) for satellite operation. This radio is already 18 months on the market but during this time I have not found anything that supports this radio. Can someone help me out?

73' Ron
on2ron


CW Receive pane

Max Cotton
 

I have tried without success this afternoon to get the receive pane in WW CW to show received characters, I have downloaded CWGet to Winwarbler but it just will not work. Ideas?
73 Max M0GHQ


Re: RF in Commander

Bill <ko4nrbs@...>
 

Bumped the power up to 150 watts and it did it with the red goalpost set between 500 and 1000.

Screwy problem.  The frequency does not change on WSJT-X or the radio when it happens.

73,
Bill

On Sunday, March 15, 2020, 11:18:49 AM CDT, Bill Pence <pence.bill@...> wrote:


I would be surprised if it truly IS rf on the cat cable since this look very much like a CAT command to adjust the frea.  I'd think rf on the cat cable would
create a CAT error by disrupting the communications betwen the PC and radio...

I suspect that WSJT is actually moving teh TX freq to "center" the tx signal in the passband... 

I thnk you mentioned that below 1500hz it does not shift?

can you go over 130w if the TX freq in WSJT  is below 1500 hz ?

I know wsjt CAN adjust the vfo to shift the TX signal in the audio passband to improve tx audio (avoiding audio filters in the radio.)
might be what you are seing...


On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 3:32 PM Bill via Groups.Io <ko4nrbs=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Exactly what I thought.  Been doing a lot of testing and found below 130 watts or so the problem goes away.  Will order some clamp on ferrites and keep the power down.
73,
Bill

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 02:26:41 PM CDT, Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@...> wrote:


I would suspect RFI on the audio cables to/from the soundcard and possibly on the CAT cable.

 

See:  http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

 

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, NCDXC Secretary

 

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2020 12:09
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] RF in DXCommander

 

It doesn't happen below about 1500 or so on the WSJT-X waterfall.

Bill

 

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 02:02:54 PM CDT, g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:

 

 

Hi Bill,

 

in what way does it get worse at higher frequencies?

 

73
Bill
G4WJS.

 

On 14/03/2020 18:52, Bill via Groups.Io wrote:

As I go up in frequency the problem gets worse.

73,

Bill

 

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 01:18:27 PM CDT, Bill via Groups.Io <ko4nrbs@...> wrote:

 

 

Reducing power does eliminate the problem.  Also just noticed the mode switches between USB, where I set it, to LSB and then back again.  This is where the VFO display is.  Weird.

73,

Bill

 

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 01:01:06 PM CDT, g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:

 

 

Hi Bill,

 

OK. So if you reduce power to minimum, or use a dummy load, does the issue go away?

 

73
Bill
G4WJS.

 

On 14/03/2020 17:58, Bill via Groups.Io wrote:

In WSJT-X I selected DX LAB SUITE Commander as the radio. 

73,

Bill

 

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 12:34:34 PM CDT, Bill via Groups.Io <ko4nrbs@...> wrote:

 

 

See attached pic taken during transmit.

73,

Bill

 

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 12:31:22 PM CDT, g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:

 

 

Hi Bill,

 

can you explain how you have arranged for Commander to have CAT control of your rig while WSJT-X is also using the CAT interface?

 

73
Bill
G4WJS.

 

On 14/03/2020 17:28, Bill via Groups.Io wrote:

Can you explain exactly what you see in Commander when the above happens
please? What rig do you have and what options have you selected for
WSJT-X "Settings->Radio->RIg", "Settings->Radio->PTT Method",
"Settings->Radio->Mode", and "Settings->Radio->Split Operating"?

 

Rig is a Kenwood 850S.

Settings:

Radio- Kenwood

PTT Method-  CAT

Mode- None

Split- None

 

What I see is the VFO A frequency in Commander goes to 00 during transmit then back to my selected frequency when the rig is toggled to receive.

 

73,

Bill

 

 

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 12:21:42 PM CDT, Bill Pence <pence.bill@...> wrote:

 

 

Do you RIT (clarifier in Yaesu...) enabled and tuned on the rig?

 

 If so, the tx freq will change as RIT gets removed for TX....

 

 

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020, 1:14 PM Bill via Groups.Io <ko4nrbs=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Looks like I am getting RF via the CAT cable into DxCommander.  When transmitting the VFO frequency will drop to 00 then go back to the selected frequency when in receive.  WSJT-X and the rig's frequency does not change.

 

What mix clamp on ferrites should I use on the cable?

73,

Bill KO4NR

 


--
73

Bill

G4WJS.


Re: RF in Commander

Bill Pence
 

I would be surprised if it truly IS rf on the cat cable since this look very much like a CAT command to adjust the frea.  I'd think rf on the cat cable would
create a CAT error by disrupting the communications betwen the PC and radio...

I suspect that WSJT is actually moving teh TX freq to "center" the tx signal in the passband... 

I thnk you mentioned that below 1500hz it does not shift?

can you go over 130w if the TX freq in WSJT  is below 1500 hz ?

I know wsjt CAN adjust the vfo to shift the TX signal in the audio passband to improve tx audio (avoiding audio filters in the radio.)
might be what you are seing...


On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 3:32 PM Bill via Groups.Io <ko4nrbs=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Exactly what I thought.  Been doing a lot of testing and found below 130 watts or so the problem goes away.  Will order some clamp on ferrites and keep the power down.
73,
Bill

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 02:26:41 PM CDT, Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@...> wrote:


I would suspect RFI on the audio cables to/from the soundcard and possibly on the CAT cable.

 

See:  http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

 

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, NCDXC Secretary

 

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2020 12:09
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] RF in DXCommander

 

It doesn't happen below about 1500 or so on the WSJT-X waterfall.

Bill

 

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 02:02:54 PM CDT, g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:

 

 

Hi Bill,

 

in what way does it get worse at higher frequencies?

 

73
Bill
G4WJS.

 

On 14/03/2020 18:52, Bill via Groups.Io wrote:

As I go up in frequency the problem gets worse.

73,

Bill

 

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 01:18:27 PM CDT, Bill via Groups.Io <ko4nrbs@...> wrote:

 

 

Reducing power does eliminate the problem.  Also just noticed the mode switches between USB, where I set it, to LSB and then back again.  This is where the VFO display is.  Weird.

73,

Bill

 

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 01:01:06 PM CDT, g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:

 

 

Hi Bill,

 

OK. So if you reduce power to minimum, or use a dummy load, does the issue go away?

 

73
Bill
G4WJS.

 

On 14/03/2020 17:58, Bill via Groups.Io wrote:

In WSJT-X I selected DX LAB SUITE Commander as the radio. 

73,

Bill

 

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 12:34:34 PM CDT, Bill via Groups.Io <ko4nrbs@...> wrote:

 

 

See attached pic taken during transmit.

73,

Bill

 

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 12:31:22 PM CDT, g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:

 

 

Hi Bill,

 

can you explain how you have arranged for Commander to have CAT control of your rig while WSJT-X is also using the CAT interface?

 

73
Bill
G4WJS.

 

On 14/03/2020 17:28, Bill via Groups.Io wrote:

Can you explain exactly what you see in Commander when the above happens
please? What rig do you have and what options have you selected for
WSJT-X "Settings->Radio->RIg", "Settings->Radio->PTT Method",
"Settings->Radio->Mode", and "Settings->Radio->Split Operating"?

 

Rig is a Kenwood 850S.

Settings:

Radio- Kenwood

PTT Method-  CAT

Mode- None

Split- None

 

What I see is the VFO A frequency in Commander goes to 00 during transmit then back to my selected frequency when the rig is toggled to receive.

 

73,

Bill

 

 

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 12:21:42 PM CDT, Bill Pence <pence.bill@...> wrote:

 

 

Do you RIT (clarifier in Yaesu...) enabled and tuned on the rig?

 

 If so, the tx freq will change as RIT gets removed for TX....

 

 

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020, 1:14 PM Bill via Groups.Io <ko4nrbs=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Looks like I am getting RF via the CAT cable into DxCommander.  When transmitting the VFO frequency will drop to 00 then go back to the selected frequency when in receive.  WSJT-X and the rig's frequency does not change.

 

What mix clamp on ferrites should I use on the cable?

73,

Bill KO4NR

 


--
73

Bill

G4WJS.


Re: Two Radio Control/Selection

Rod Greene
 

Yes, I have the "Enable" column checked.

Thanks! Rod/w7zrc

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 1:46:25 PM MDT, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:



Do you have Radio 2 enabled (check box in the Enable column checked)
on the MultiRadio tab in Commander's Config dialog?

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV


On 2020-03-14 2:20 PM, Rod Greene via Groups.Io wrote:
> Dumb question I suppose, but I'm not finding the answer..
> I have two radios:
>    Radio 1 is an IC-7600  Radio 2 is a Ten Tec Orion II
> I both configured in Commander, I may have something set incorrectly, so may need some guidance here.
> On Commander's Main panel it shows both radios but radio 2 push button and name is greyed out, so the question is "how do I select it (nr 2)?" for controlling and input to Keeper, etc. Radio 1 is controlled perfectly.
>
> I have read all of the documentation for Commander in the Help. So if the answer is there, I have missed it.
>
> Thanks again in advance for your help!
> 73, Rod/w7zrc

>
>





Re: Launcher Installation problem

Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

Hi I am new user for DXLAB

+ Welcome to DXLab, Park!

When I downeded and tried to install Launcher I encountered message like that : Cannot find file......LanucherAgent.exe

+ Did you follow these instructions for installing the Launcher?

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/InstallLauncher>

+ Into what folder did you install the Launcher?

+ What files are present in that folder?

+ Please do not delete or uninstall anything.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Support for "alternative" awards

Dave AA6YQ
 

As should be clear from all of the progress report buttons in the "Other progress reports" panel on the "Check Progress" tab of DXKeeper's Main window, it takes little to convince me to add progress reporting for a new award.

However, adding variants of existing awards seems counterproductive, both by fragmenting the "award space", and by creating additional complexity (e.g. county award A treats the independent cities one way, but county award B treats the independent cities a different way).

My policy will continue to be "add support for a new award unless there's a compelling reason to not do so; don't add support for a variant of an existing award unless there's a compelling reason to do so".

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Quite simply, DXKeeper supports the USA-CA Award, not other "county"
awards by QRZ or eQSL. The USA-CA award requires that "independent cities" be assigned to either the county in which the city is fully enclosed or one of the counties to which the city abuts.

The "counties" included in DXKeeper are the counties that are recognized by the USA-CA award as specified in the ADIF standard.

Unless the ADIF standardizing body adds the independent cities to the defined county enumeration, I do not see Dave adding them to DXKeeper (or adding support for the QRZ "county" award).

73,

... Joe, W4TV


Re: Missing Virginia City Counties

charles miller
 

Joe,

Thank you for the additional information. I have the list from the link that Bill had posted. 

73 Charlie
N2BTX

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 11:01 PM Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

Quite simply, DXKeeper supports the USA-CA Award, not other "county"
awards by QRZ or eQSL.  The USA-CA award requires that "independent
cities" be assigned to either the county in which the city is fully
enclosed or one of the counties to which the city abuts.

The "counties" included in DXKeeper are the counties that are
recognized by the USA-CA award as specified in the ADIF standard.

Unless the ADIF standardizing body adds the independent cities to
the defined county enumeration, I do not see Dave adding them to
DXKeeper (or adding support for the QRZ "county" award).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV


On 2020-03-14 9:50 PM, g4wjs wrote:
> [Edited Message Follows]
>
> On 15/03/2020 01:39, charles miller wrote:
>
>     Dave,
>     I've been tracking counties with little problems, however, I find
>     that there are 37 missing City Counties when looking under "state"
>     then "county". So I was wondering if you were going to add those in
>     the near future?
>     Thank you for all the work and help you do for those of us that
>     could never handle the programming the you do.
>     Charlie
>     N2BTX
>
> Hi Charlie,
>
> I thought that only the Independent Cities that lie on County boundaries
> are included, for them you must choose which County all their
> confirmations are allocated to. The others are non-ambiguous and the
> County is correctly assigned.
>
> http://countyhunter.com/independent_cities.html
>
> linked from here: http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/USCountyStatus
>
>
> --
> 73
>
> Bill
>
> G4WJS.
>
> _._,_._,_







--
Charles W. Miller
13 Birchwood Acres
Perry, NY 14530
(H) 585-237-3958
(C) 716-515-5618


Re: Launcher Installation problem

Russ Ravella
 

Hi Park,

No, don’t uninstall.  Dave is always telling people not to do that.  I’m sorry I don’t know what to suggest myself beyond that but Dave will see this very shortly and will respond with real help so just hang tight for that.

Best of luck - you’re going to love DXL !
73, Russ KR6W



On Mar 14, 2020, at 5:50 PM, jsparkus@... wrote:

Hi I am new user for DXLAB
When I downeded and tried to install Launcher
I encountered message like that : Cannot find file......LanucherAgent.exe
How can I do futher ? Uninstall and try to Install again ?
Let me know please solve the problem
Thanks
PARK  HL2WP


Launcher Installation problem

jsparkus@...
 

Hi I am new user for DXLAB
When I downeded and tried to install Launcher
I encountered message like that : Cannot find file......LanucherAgent.exe
How can I do futher ? Uninstall and try to Install again ?
Let me know please solve the problem
Thanks
PARK  HL2WP


Re: Missing Virginia City Counties

Joe Subich, W4TV
 

Quite simply, DXKeeper supports the USA-CA Award, not other "county"
awards by QRZ or eQSL. The USA-CA award requires that "independent
cities" be assigned to either the county in which the city is fully
enclosed or one of the counties to which the city abuts.

The "counties" included in DXKeeper are the counties that are
recognized by the USA-CA award as specified in the ADIF standard.

Unless the ADIF standardizing body adds the independent cities to
the defined county enumeration, I do not see Dave adding them to
DXKeeper (or adding support for the QRZ "county" award).

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2020-03-14 9:50 PM, g4wjs wrote:
[Edited Message Follows]
On 15/03/2020 01:39, charles miller wrote:
Dave,
I've been tracking counties with little problems, however, I find
that there are 37 missing City Counties when looking under "state"
then "county". So I was wondering if you were going to add those in
the near future?
Thank you for all the work and help you do for those of us that
could never handle the programming the you do.
Charlie
N2BTX
Hi Charlie,
I thought that only the Independent Cities that lie on County boundaries are included, for them you must choose which County all their confirmations are allocated to. The others are non-ambiguous and the County is correctly assigned.
http://countyhunter.com/independent_cities.html
linked from here: http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/USCountyStatus
--
73
Bill
G4WJS.
_._,_._,_


Re: Missing Virginia City Counties

charles miller
 

Bill,

I was not aware of that information. I was going by QRZ.com's United States County Award, which lists all the "City Counties". 

Thanks,

Charlie 
N2BTX

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 9:50 PM g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:
On 15/03/2020 01:39, charles miller wrote:
Dave,

I've been tracking counties with little problems, however, I find that there are 37 missing City Counties when looking under "state" then "county". So I was wondering if you were going to add those in the near future? 
Thank you for all the work and help you do for those of us that could never handle the programming the you do.

Charlie
N2BTX

Hi Charlie,

I thought that only the Independent Cities that lie on County boundaries are included, for them you must choose which County all their confirmations are allocated to. The others are non-ambiguous and the State is correctly assigned.

http://countyhunter.com/independent_cities.html

linked from here: http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/USCountyStatus


--
73

Bill

G4WJS.



--
Charles W. Miller
13 Birchwood Acres
Perry, NY 14530
(H) 585-237-3958
(C) 716-515-5618


Re: Missing Virginia City Counties

g4wjs
 
Edited

On 15/03/2020 01:39, charles miller wrote:
Dave,
 
I've been tracking counties with little problems, however, I find that there are 37 missing City Counties when looking under "state" then "county". So I was wondering if you were going to add those in the near future? 
Thank you for all the work and help you do for those of us that could never handle the programming the you do.
 
Charlie
N2BTX

Hi Charlie,

I thought that only the Independent Cities that lie on County boundaries are included, for them you must choose which County all their confirmations are allocated to. The others are non-ambiguous and the County is correctly assigned.

http://countyhunter.com/independent_cities.html

linked from here: http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/USCountyStatus


--
73

Bill

G4WJS.


Missing Virginia City Counties

charles miller
 

Dave,

I've been tracking counties with little problems, however, I find that there are 37 missing City Counties when looking under "state" then "county". So I was wondering if you were going to add those in the near future? 
Thank you for all the work and help you do for those of us that could never handle the programming the you do.

Charlie
N2BTX

--
Charles W. Miller
13 Birchwood Acres
Perry, NY 14530
(H) 585-237-3958
(C) 716-515-5618


Re: eQSL upload errors

Paul W1IP
 

It was set to F2!  I have not touched the defaults screen recently. Only touched it about 18 months ago to change my call sign.  But all good now. thanks
--
Paul W1ip


Re: QRZ Seems to be down

Gilbert Baron W0MN
 

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN
Hierro candente, batir de repente
44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2020 11:51
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] QRZ Seems to be down

+ AA6YQ comments below

Maybe it is time to find another source but then is there any with the amount of data they have. This is the problem with a one source solution. It would be neat if PF cold automatically go to a second source. 😊

+ Pathfinder provides 12 search buttons, so querying a second source of your choosing is one mouse click away.

+ On the Callbook tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, there's a "Secondary Callbook" panel that lets you specify a second Callbook to check if the first Callbook lookup fails.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Ahh, I should have known that. In fact I remember now reading that in the past. You always have a way.






--
W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop


Re: Pathfinder - QRZ Down

Gilbert Baron W0MN
 

It can but real time logging is now broken until you select another callbook I think. Luckily it was not down long at least not long while I was trying to use it. 😊

 

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

 

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2020 11:41
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Pathfinder - QRZ Down

 

+ AA6YQ comments below

 

I’ve been having trouble with Pathfinder all morning – they must be having a problem

 

+ Pathfinder has been working correctly. QRZ.com now appears to be available.

 

+ Note that when QRZ.com is unavailable, Pathfinder can still access other sources of QSL information.

 

      73,

 

            Dave, AA6YQ

 

Glenn Van Benschoten

gtvanben@...

 

From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob WB2NVR

Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2020 11:20 AM

To: DXLab@groups.io

Subject: [DXLab] Pathfinder - QRZ Down

 

Pathfinder is unable to connect with QRZ.com after I updated my Win 10 system.

 

According to https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/qrz.com.html    QRZ is down.

 

Anyone have any info about this?

 

73,

 

Bob WB2NVR

 

 

 

 


--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop