Date   

Re: qso not accepted by lotw

Norman Heyen
 

And, as expected, that did it. No idea why it has been working all this time. But all is good now.

Thank you again for spending the time to support all of us. I hope to run into to you at some point and buy you dinner.

Norman



On April 5, 2020, at 7:30 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:


+ AA6YQ comment s below

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 04:28 PM, Norman Heyen wrote:

Sorry, just saw the typo. Installed in the default location in Program Files, not Progam Files.

It looks like FT8 QSL's are getting to LoTW ok. I was just seeing if there were some missed while LoTW was having issues.

Just odd that my screen doesn't have the version showing.

Thanks for the time and effort,

+ Follow the instructions in step 3.g.i of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ConfigureLotW>

+ and the TQSL version number should appear in the panel's caption. Then the "Permit uploading of already uploaded QSOs" option will become available.

       73,

            Dave, AA6YQ


Windows 10 Start menu does not list Commander

Steve K8JQ
 

The Windows 10 Start menu does not list Commander (at least on my desktop computer).

The DXLabs Suite has five entries in its dropdown: DXKeeper, DXView, Pathfinder, Spot Collector and WinWarbler.

I didn't look for Commander in the Start menu dropdown prior to the recent Windows Defender snafu (which I also suffered), so I don't know if it was ever there. But for certain it is not there now.

Should Commander be in the Start menu's DXLabs Suite dropdown list?

Steve, K8JQ


Re: qso not accepted by lotw

Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comment s below

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 04:28 PM, Norman Heyen wrote:

Sorry, just saw the typo. Installed in the default location in Program Files, not Progam Files.

It looks like FT8 QSL's are getting to LoTW ok. I was just seeing if there were some missed while LoTW was having issues.

Just odd that my screen doesn't have the version showing.

Thanks for the time and effort,

+ Follow the instructions in step 3.g.i of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ConfigureLotW>

+ and the TQSL version number should appear in the panel's caption. Then the "Permit uploading of already uploaded QSOs" option will become available.

       73,

            Dave, AA6YQ


Re: something changed

jerry
 

Thanks Dave, that's all it took, to do a recompute.  Hopefully I'll remember that if it ever happens again.
Jerry


Re: qso not accepted by lotw

Norman Heyen
 

Sorry, just saw the typo. Installed in the default location in Program Files, not Progam Files.

It looks like FT8 QSL's are getting to LoTW ok. I was just seeing if there were some missed while LoTW was having issues.

Just odd that my screen doesn't have the version showing.

Thanks for the time and effort,
Norman

On April 5, 2020, at 5:32 PM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

There is nothing in that location on my system. Just has TQSL with the surrounding border.

+ That's why "Permit uploading of QSO's already uploaded to LOTW" is greyed out.

+ You've configured DXKeeper to look for TQSL.exe in

C:\Progam Files\TrustedQSL\tqsl.exe

+ but it's not there, which is why DXKeeper can't display it's version number.

+ Where is TQSL installed on your system?

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: Help Commander Disappeared

n4qwf .
 

As was suggested on April 3 in step 3a and 3b. I wiped the hard drive and and reinstalled everything from a backup from December. Since then I have updated my log and other data and settings from the suggested backups. I am now using the latest versions of all DXLab programs. Everything is running as it should.  This was not done out of panic but by suggestion and I appreciate the assistance as usual.

The sky is back were it used to be. Great to be using the DXLab again.

73<<John


New Microsoft Edge browser install

CSM\(r\) Gary Huber - AB9M
 

I went to to the Microsoft Store and downloaded the new Chromium based Edge internet browser. It seems to work more efficiently than the old version which came with the Win 10 Pro OS on my home assembled computer.   Pages load faster and less memory is used than when running DXLab Suite, WSJT-X, JTAlert and Chrome.

The new Edge is also available for earlier versions of Windows and other OS. YMMV

73 ES DX,

Gary - AB9M


Re: qso not accepted by lotw

Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

There is nothing in that location on my system. Just has TQSL with the surrounding border.

+ That's why "Permit uploading of QSO's already uploaded to LOTW" is greyed out.

+ You've configured DXKeeper to look for TQSL.exe in

C:\Progam Files\TrustedQSL\tqsl.exe

+ but it's not there, which is why DXKeeper can't display it's version number.

+ Where is TQSL installed on your system?

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: qso not accepted by lotw

Norman Heyen
 

Running DXKeeper 15.4.8

On April 5, 2020, at 5:25 PM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

I emailed you a screenshot that highlights the location of the TQSL version number I'm asking you to report.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Norman Heyen
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2020 5:58 PM
To: DXLab@groups io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] qso not accepted by lotw

Maybe I'm lost, but there isn't a version number. Just references "C:\Progam Files\TrustedQSL\tqsl.exe".

I'm looking In the "DXKeeper QSL Configuration" window, in the " LoTW" tab. Got there from the "QSL" tab of the DXKeeper main window.

In the TQSL program, it says version 2.5.1 and Configuration Data Version 11.9 Update reports I'm at the latest versions.

Thanks!
Norman

On April 5, 2020, at 12:37 PM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Trying to do this, but in step 2, the check box for "Permit uploading of QSO's already uploaded to LOTW" is greyed out.

+ On the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, there is a TQSL panel at the bottom.

+ What version number appears to the immediate right of "TQSL" in the panel's caption?

+ What is present the panel's "TQSL.exe pathname" box?

73,

Dave, AA6YQ










--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com


Re: qso not accepted by lotw

Norman Heyen
 

There is nothing in that location on my system. Just has TQSL with the surrounding border.

On April 5, 2020, at 5:25 PM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

I emailed you a screenshot that highlights the location of the TQSL version number I'm asking you to report.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Norman Heyen
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2020 5:58 PM
To: DXLab@groups io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] qso not accepted by lotw

Maybe I'm lost, but there isn't a version number. Just references "C:\Progam Files\TrustedQSL\tqsl.exe".

I'm looking In the "DXKeeper QSL Configuration" window, in the " LoTW" tab. Got there from the "QSL" tab of the DXKeeper main window.

In the TQSL program, it says version 2.5.1 and Configuration Data Version 11.9 Update reports I'm at the latest versions.

Thanks!
Norman

On April 5, 2020, at 12:37 PM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Trying to do this, but in step 2, the check box for "Permit uploading of QSO's already uploaded to LOTW" is greyed out.

+ On the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, there is a TQSL panel at the bottom.

+ What version number appears to the immediate right of "TQSL" in the panel's caption?

+ What is present the panel's "TQSL.exe pathname" box?

73,

Dave, AA6YQ










--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com


Re: qso not accepted by lotw

Dave AA6YQ
 

I emailed you a screenshot that highlights the location of the TQSL version number I'm asking you to report.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Norman Heyen
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2020 5:58 PM
To: DXLab@groups io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] qso not accepted by lotw

Maybe I'm lost, but there isn't a version number. Just references "C:\Progam Files\TrustedQSL\tqsl.exe".

I'm looking In the "DXKeeper QSL Configuration" window, in the " LoTW" tab. Got there from the "QSL" tab of the DXKeeper main window.

In the TQSL program, it says version 2.5.1 and Configuration Data Version 11.9 Update reports I'm at the latest versions.

Thanks!
Norman

On April 5, 2020, at 12:37 PM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Trying to do this, but in step 2, the check box for "Permit uploading of QSO's already uploaded to LOTW" is greyed out.

+ On the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, there is a TQSL panel at the bottom.

+ What version number appears to the immediate right of "TQSL" in the panel's caption?

+ What is present the panel's "TQSL.exe pathname" box?

73,

Dave, AA6YQ










--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com


Re: something changed

Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

I've been using DXLabs for over 10 years with great success. I love the program. But I just tried the instructions Dave gave for the question of"QSO's not loading to LOTW" for one contact that has been giving me trouble. I'm not worried about that but this caused a problem that I would like to fix. My DXView always filled in with all the info for worked or confirmed without any problem. Now, It's only putting certain contacts in. So my spot collector which I had filtered to only show a needed all time or mode country is showing a lot of spots in green (meaning I need it) and I know I don't. Any way to get DXView back to showing all QSO's that are worked and/or confirmed?

+ As a first step,

1. terminate SpotCollector

2. at the bottom of the "Check Progress" tab of DXKeeper's Main window, click the Recompute button

3. does DXView now display correct DXCC status?

If not, what's an example of an entity for which DXView is showing incorrect DXCC status?

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: qso not accepted by lotw

Norman Heyen
 

Maybe I'm lost, but there isn't a version number. Just references "C:\Progam Files\TrustedQSL\tqsl.exe".

I'm looking In the "DXKeeper QSL Configuration" window, in the " LoTW" tab. Got there from the "QSL" tab of the DXKeeper main window.

In the TQSL program, it says version 2.5.1 and Configuration Data Version 11.9
Update reports I'm at the latest versions.

Thanks!
Norman

On April 5, 2020, at 12:37 PM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Trying to do this, but in step 2, the check box for "Permit uploading of QSO's already uploaded to LOTW" is greyed out.

+ On the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, there is a TQSL panel at the bottom.

+ What version number appears to the immediate right of "TQSL" in the panel's caption?

+ What is present the panel's "TQSL.exe pathname" box?

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


something changed

jerry
 

I've been using DXLabs for over 10 years with great success.  I love the program.  But I just tried the instructions Dave gave for the question of"QSO's not loading to LOTW" for one contact that has been giving me trouble.  I'm not worried about that but this caused a problem that I would like to fix.  My DXView always filled in with all the info for worked or confirmed without any problem.  Now, It's only putting certain contacts in.  So my spot collector which I had filtered to only show a needed all time or mode country is showing a lot of spots in green (meaning I need it) and I know I don't.  Any way to get DXView back to showing all QSO's that are worked and/or confirmed?
Thanks, Jerry K9PY


Re: Prop View

Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

In the error box it is saying the same site..

So huh? Now what?

+ What happens when you use your web browser to navigate to

http://services.swpc.noaa.gov/text/predicted-sunspot-radio-flux.txt

?

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: Launcher slow to load

g4wjs
 

On 05/04/2020 20:36, Kurt Cathcart wrote:
Oddly enough,  It turned out to be one of the instances of Windows Host Process.  I would have put money on Windows Security but Launcher seems to run well with that enabled.

Both Windows Host Process point to rundll32.exe.  I'm not sure what I'm losing by having that disabled.


-Kurt, KR2C
Kurt,

the Windows Service Host Process is how MS Windows runs background services. rundll.exe is a process that can run one or more DLLs which is how services are deployed. It is tricky to work out which service is interfering with normal operation as each Service Host process will be running many of them. There are plenty of good resources on-line on how to diagnose which service is causing problems. Steer clear of the copious on-line guides that show you how to disable nearly all background service processes to get a really fast system, doing that is not wise as many services do useful tasks while not interfering with user applications.



--
73

Bill

G4WJS.


Re: Prop View

Joe WB9SBD
 

In the error box it is saying the same site..

So huh? Now what?
Joe
WB9SBD

On 4/5/2020 1:23 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
* more AA6YQ comments below

Same thing

* That implies that the "security problem" exists at the web site that PropView is consulting to obtain the current sunspot number,
the URL for which you will find in the "Prediction URLs" panel on the Configuration window's Prediction tab.

* My instance of PropView specifies

http://services.swpc.noaa.gov/text/predicted-sunspot-radio-flux.txt

* and does not report any error.

        73,

              Dave, AA6YQ

On 4/5/2020 12:50 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:


	+ AA6YQ comments below
	
	Ok No images,,
	
	It is telling me that it can not download the sunspot numbers from,.....  security problem
	
	+ As a diagnostic step, reboot Windows into "Safe mode with networking", and then start PropView. Any change in behavior?
	
	







Re: Launcher slow to load

Kurt Cathcart
 

Dave -

Oddly enough,  It turned out to be one of the instances of Windows Host Process.  I would have put money on Windows Security but Launcher seems to run well with that enabled.

Both Windows Host Process point to rundll32.exe.  I'm not sure what I'm losing by having that disabled.


-Kurt, KR2C

On 4/5/2020 3:21 PM, Kurt Cathcart, KR2C wrote:
Thanks, Dave.

I rebooted in Safe mode and all ran well.

When I normal booted, I unloaded Chrome, Mozilla, rthinderbird, Creative audio driver. Nvidia driver and a bunch of other stuff the was extra to the system with no change.  I then disabled everything in startup.

Onedrive, volpanu (creative), 2 instances of Windows host process, and Windows security.  Launcher now loads well.

I'll re-enable each of these one at a time to wee which one causes the problem.

-Kurt, KR2C

On 4/5/2020 1:23 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6QY comments below

Several weeks (maybe months) ago, I noticed that Launcher was slow to load after a reboot.  Slow means several minutes. Actually I believe the Launcher did load but the app did not show up on the desk top.  After several minutes, Launcher would appear and all would work great.  If I closed launcher and re-launched Launcher would still be slow.  Launcher would show as running  in Task Manager even though the app would not display on the desk top.  If I click on the Launcher icon, it would say that DXLabLauncher was already running. After the computer has been running for about 30 minutes or so, this behavior went away and all seemed normal.

For various reasons,  I recently rebuild the computer.  With minimal apps installed (browsers, email client, sound card drivers, etc...) I did a fresh install of Launcher.  The behavior is the same.  I don't know about after 30 minutes yet, though.  There is no error log file.  An exception has been added to Windows Defender.  This is a Win10 Pro machine with the latest patches.

Suggestions?

+ As diagnostic step, please reboot Windows into "Safe mode with networking", and then start the Launcher. Any change in behavior?

        73,

             Dave, AA6YQ




Re: To everyone reporting that Commander has stopped working because their Anti-malware has reported it to be infected with a virus

g4wjs
 

On 05/04/2020 20:19, Steve K8JQ wrote:
How does one open Windows Defender to see anti-virus activity?

I see a Start menu listing for "Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer" but that does not seem to deal with the anti-virus part of Windows Defender.

Steve, K8JQ


On 4/5/2020 11:57 AM, g4wjs wrote:
On 05/04/2020 16:47, Carl Licari-NX5T wrote:
I'm not getting a malware alert. When I try to launch DxLab it says commander. exe does not exist.
I don't have CI-V Commander1453.exe, the latest I have is CI-V Commander 1440.exe and cannot get the update installed.
Any ideas?

Thx
Carl
NX5T

Carl,

open up Windows Defender, go to History, check Quarantined items, press the View details button. Locate the entry for the quarantined Commander.exe (probably labelled Trojan:Win32/Azden.B!cl), select it and press the Restore button.



--
73

Bill

G4WJS.


Re: Launcher slow to load

Kurt Cathcart
 

Thanks, Dave.

I rebooted in Safe mode and all ran well.

When I normal booted, I unloaded Chrome, Mozilla, rthinderbird, Creative audio driver. Nvidia driver and a bunch of other stuff the was extra to the system with no change.  I then disabled everything in startup.

Onedrive, volpanu (creative), 2 instances of Windows host process, and Windows security.  Launcher now loads well.

I'll re-enable each of these one at a time to wee which one causes the problem.

-Kurt, KR2C

On 4/5/2020 1:23 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6QY comments below

Several weeks (maybe months) ago, I noticed that Launcher was slow to load after a reboot. Slow means several minutes. Actually I believe the Launcher did load but the app did not show up on the desk top. After several minutes, Launcher would appear and all would work great. If I closed launcher and re-launched Launcher would still be slow. Launcher would show as running in Task Manager even though the app would not display on the desk top. If I click on the Launcher icon, it would say that DXLabLauncher was already running. After the computer has been running for about 30 minutes or so, this behavior went away and all seemed normal.

For various reasons, I recently rebuild the computer. With minimal apps installed (browsers, email client, sound card drivers, etc...) I did a fresh install of Launcher. The behavior is the same. I don't know about after 30 minutes yet, though. There is no error log file. An exception has been added to Windows Defender. This is a Win10 Pro machine with the latest patches.

Suggestions?

+ As diagnostic step, please reboot Windows into "Safe mode with networking", and then start the Launcher. Any change in behavior?

73,

Dave, AA6YQ