Date   

Re: DXKeeper: Aux panel appears after Sync LotW QSOs operation

Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of John Pelham
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2020 2:19 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: [DXLab] DXKeeper: Aux panel appears after Sync LotW QSOs operation

DXK 15.4.8. When I do a Sync LotW QSOs operation, and return to the Log QSOs tab, the Auxiliary panel appears. Nothing in the panel is red, or blue, or flashing. When I close the Aux panel, the DXK main window does not return to its previous size, and I must resize it manually.

The issue used to occur very occasionally, maybe once in 100 operations, from the time a few years ago when I started with DXKeeper, until a few months ago when it disappeared.

Starting today, I have done 5 Sync LotW QSOs operations, and it has happened every time. Since it happens every time, I captured a debug log during the 4th operation; I can send it if it would be helpful.

+ Please attach the errorlog.txt file from your DXKeeper folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: DXKeeper 15.4.9 is available

Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

"- enables the "Sync LoTW QSOs", "Sync LoTW QSLs" functions to work correctly when the CTRL key is depressed after the breaking
changes made by the ARRL to LoTW's lotwreport programmatic interface (tnx to Vince VA3VF)"

Can you explain this a little more? Mine seems to be working fine with
v15.4.8 after I did a manual date change for "Sync LoTW QSOs" and "Sync LoTW QSLs" after ARRL broke it and then later fixed it.

Should you only do this if it's not working? I don't want to re-download all 307k QSO records and 176.5k QSLs if I don't have to! HI

+ In an effort to prevent abuse by users who continuously download all of their QSOs from LoTW, the ARRL made changes to the API
that DXKeeper uses to obtain information about submitted QSOs from LoTW. In the course of making those changes, they introduced two
regressions, both of which were and reported by DXLab users and corrected by LoTW Staff within 48 hours.

+ They also made an unannounced permanent change to the API that broke the ability of DXKeeper's "Sync LoTW QSOs" and "Sync LoTW
QSLs" functions to request all accepted QSOs or all confirmed QSOs respectively by depressing the CTRL key while invoking the
operation. These "request all" functions should only be used when switching to DXKeeper from another logging application that does
not include LoTW status information in the ADIF file it exported.

+ DXKeeper 15.4.9 restores the ability to "request all" by depressing the CTRL key while invoking "Sync LoTW QSOs" or "Sync LoTW
QSLs". There is no need for any current DXLab user to do this.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: DXKeeper: Aux panel appears after Sync LotW QSOs operation

David Bunte
 

John - 

I installed DXK 15.4.9 shortly after it became available. I am not seeing the behavior you are describing, but I don't recall seeing it in 15.4.8 either.

I know that may not help you, except perhaps to remind you that 15.4.9 is available. 

GL de Dave - K9FN

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 2:18 PM John Pelham <john@...> wrote:
DXK 15.4.8. When I do a Sync LotW QSOs operation, and return to the Log QSOs tab, the Auxiliary panel appears. Nothing in the panel is red, or blue, or flashing. When I close the Aux panel, the DXK main window does not return to its previous size, and I must resize it manually.

The issue used to occur very occasionally, maybe once in 100 operations, from the time a few years ago when I started with DXKeeper, until a few months ago when it disappeared.

Starting today, I have done 5 Sync LotW QSOs operations, and it has happened every time. Since it happens every time, I captured a debug log during the 4th operation; I can send it if it would be helpful.

73, John W1JA


Re: DXKeeper 15.4.9 is available

Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

I had a new experience recently. Since I am quite a newbie, I got a message that I had to renew my callsign certificate. So I did. I received my new certificate the following day and didn't activate it right away (I had no idea it inactivates my existing certificate.

+ The second sentence in

<https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/renewing/>

+ is "Note that if you renew Callsign Certificate before it expires, requesting the renewal immediately invalidates the existing Callsign Certificate."

I kept on doing business as usual but noticed 4 or 5 days later that no new QSOs were in LotW. When I went to LotW and checked my account message, I found that LotW generated an error message: "Processing ABORTED: INVALID CERTIFICATE - Certificate may not be used. Certificate status = Superceded". I am not sure if this gets passed back to DXK, but if it does, it would be cool to display the error to the user. Obviously this is super low priority if not even nice to have.

+ LoTW does not make that error message available to applications like DXKeeper.

+ If you routinely invoke "Sync LoTW QSOs" then click the LoTW button in the Filter panel at the bottom of the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, the Log Page Display will be populated with any QSOs submitted to LoTW but not yet accepted by LoTW , enabling you to investigate if necessary.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


DXKeeper: Aux panel appears after Sync LotW QSOs operation

John W1JA
 

DXK 15.4.8. When I do a Sync LotW QSOs operation, and return to the Log QSOs tab, the Auxiliary panel appears. Nothing in the panel is red, or blue, or flashing. When I close the Aux panel, the DXK main window does not return to its previous size, and I must resize it manually.

The issue used to occur very occasionally, maybe once in 100 operations, from the time a few years ago when I started with DXKeeper, until a few months ago when it disappeared.

Starting today, I have done 5 Sync LotW QSOs operations, and it has happened every time. Since it happens every time, I captured a debug log during the 4th operation; I can send it if it would be helpful.

73, John W1JA


Re: Commander -- Here we go again!!!

Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

What is the permanent fix other than killing Windows 10?

+ Switch to a competent anti-malware application.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: Problem in downloading eQSL images

Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comment sbelow

Sorry to come back to this issue.
I *STILL* have the same problem and daily I have to download the eQSL images one by one.
Not having seen in the past 6 weeks any other user raising the same problem I *DO* suspect that there is a mis-setting in my DxK (actually v. 15.4.9) prg.

Could this be the case?

+ Highly unlikely. There has been no change to DXKeeper in this area for years.

What do I have to recheck?

+ Contact the source of the error message: eQSL.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: QSL labels bottom line font settings greyed out

pete.thomas.fi
 

Yes it is set to 3 columns.


Re: Windows 10 Start menu does not list Commander

Ed
 

Hi Mike forgot to mention that I had done that doe the DXLab folder.

Ed

 

From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of ND9G Mike
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2020 10:52 AM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Windows 10 Start menu does not list Commander

 

Ed, that is great that it's working for you again.

 

However, if you don't add an exception you may need to repeat these steps again in the future. Not everyone is comfortable adding exceptions to their virus protection.

 

If you decide to add the exceptions, in the same window where you found the current threats, click on Manage Settings under Virus & Threat protection settings.

 

Scroll down to Exclusions, and click Add or remove exclusions.

 

Click on Add an exclusion, and choose the type of exclusion to add.

Some will exclude an entire directory. What I typically do is try to only do the file needed, and go from there if it doesn't solve the problem.

 

I have added an exclusion for the executable file for each DXLab application that I run (C:\DXLab\Commander\CI-V Commander.exe, C:\DXLab\DXKeeper\DXKeeper.exe, etc.)

 

73,

Mike ND9G

 

 

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 12:41 PM Ed <wa6wgs@...> wrote:

For me, Dave was right on the money.

In WIN10 Search for:
Search/Security at a glance in Win10
Click on Virus&Threat protection
Click on Current threats/Protection history
Looking at All recent items/in my case, There were Threats blocked marked Severe/click on down arrow beside each threat/at the bottom of the new window, there is a selection ( it was restore or allow) choose .
In my case, I had 4 threats, all for Commander. I cleared all 4 of them.

Now commander 14.5.5 shows up in DXlab launcher Configuration
Was able to upgrade to 14.5.5
DXLab Launcher 2.1.2 now brings up commander 14.5.5 as it should.

In my case, all is now well and good at this end.

Thanks Dave for all you do!!!!!!

ED  WA6WGS



-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Tuesday, April 7, 2020 1:12 AM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Windows 10 Start menu does not list Commander

+ AA6YQ comments below

I've found that MS virus shield identify CI_V Commander executable as a trojan.

And put C:\DXLab\Commander\CI-V Commander1453.exe in quarantine.
This is the problem: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fWoreflint.A!cl&threatid=2147723317

+ See <https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/FalsePositive>

+ After you satisfy yourself that Commander1453.exe is not infected, direct your anti-malware to "unquarantine" it.

       73,

            Dave, AA6YQ









Re: UDP Network Service

Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

How can I save the settings tp appear from session to session?

+ About which DXLab application are you inquiring?

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: Sync LOTW QSO's problem

Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

Last night I downloaded the new TQSL version and upload three QSOs I made yesterday. I then ran sync and it worked, with the correct dates and only 13 QSOs reported. So whatever it was appears to be fixed.

+ ARRL Staff corrected the responsible regression on April 3:

<https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/192489>

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: DXKeeper 15.4.9 is available

Bernd - KB7AK
 

I had a new experience recently. Since I am quite a newbie, I got a message that I had to renew my callsign certificate. So I did. I received my new certificate the following day and didn't activate it right away (I had no idea it inactivates my existing certificate. I kept on doing business as usual but noticed 4 or 5 days later that no new QSOs were in LotW. When I went to LotW and checked my account message, I found that LotW generated an error message: "Processing ABORTED: INVALID CERTIFICATE - Certificate may not be used. Certificate status = Superceded". I am not sure if this gets passed back to DXK, but if it does, it would be cool to display the error to the user. Obviously this is super low priority if not even nice to have.


Re: DXKeeper 15.4.9 is available

Don Hill AA5AU
 

Dave wrote:

"- enables the "Sync LoTW QSOs", "Sync LoTW QSLs" functions to work
correctly when the CTRL key is depressed after the breaking
changes made by the ARRL to LoTW's lotwreport programmatic interface (tnx to
Vince VA3VF)"

Can you explain this a little more? Mine seems to be working fine with
v15.4.8 after I did a manual date change for "Sync LoTW QSOs" and "Sync LoTW
QSLs" after ARRL broke it and then later fixed it.

Should you only do this if it's not working? I don't want to re-download all
307k QSO records and 176.5k QSLs if I don't have to! HI

Thanks,
Don AA5AU


Re: Windows 10 Start menu does not list Commander

ND9G Mike
 

Ed, that is great that it's working for you again.

However, if you don't add an exception you may need to repeat these steps again in the future. Not everyone is comfortable adding exceptions to their virus protection.

If you decide to add the exceptions, in the same window where you found the current threats, click on Manage Settings under Virus & Threat protection settings.

Scroll down to Exclusions, and click Add or remove exclusions.

Click on Add an exclusion, and choose the type of exclusion to add.
Some will exclude an entire directory. What I typically do is try to only do the file needed, and go from there if it doesn't solve the problem.

I have added an exclusion for the executable file for each DXLab application that I run (C:\DXLab\Commander\CI-V Commander.exe, C:\DXLab\DXKeeper\DXKeeper.exe, etc.)

73,
Mike ND9G


On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 12:41 PM Ed <wa6wgs@...> wrote:
For me, Dave was right on the money.

In WIN10 Search for:
Search/Security at a glance in Win10
Click on Virus&Threat protection
Click on Current threats/Protection history
Looking at All recent items/in my case, There were Threats blocked marked Severe/click on down arrow beside each threat/at the bottom of the new window, there is a selection ( it was restore or allow) choose .
In my case, I had 4 threats, all for Commander. I cleared all 4 of them.

Now commander 14.5.5 shows up in DXlab launcher Configuration
Was able to upgrade to 14.5.5
DXLab Launcher 2.1.2 now brings up commander 14.5.5 as it should.

In my case, all is now well and good at this end.

Thanks Dave for all you do!!!!!!

ED  WA6WGS



-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Tuesday, April 7, 2020 1:12 AM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Windows 10 Start menu does not list Commander

+ AA6YQ comments below

I've found that MS virus shield identify CI_V Commander executable as a trojan.

And put C:\DXLab\Commander\CI-V Commander1453.exe in quarantine.
This is the problem: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fWoreflint.A!cl&threatid=2147723317

+ See <https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/FalsePositive>

+ After you satisfy yourself that Commander1453.exe is not infected, direct your anti-malware to "unquarantine" it.

       73,

            Dave, AA6YQ










Re: Windows 10 Start menu does not list Commander

Ed
 

For me, Dave was right on the money.

In WIN10 Search for:
Search/Security at a glance in Win10
Click on Virus&Threat protection
Click on Current threats/Protection history
Looking at All recent items/in my case, There were Threats blocked marked Severe/click on down arrow beside each threat/at the bottom of the new window, there is a selection ( it was restore or allow) choose .
In my case, I had 4 threats, all for Commander. I cleared all 4 of them.

Now commander 14.5.5 shows up in DXlab launcher Configuration
Was able to upgrade to 14.5.5
DXLab Launcher 2.1.2 now brings up commander 14.5.5 as it should.

In my case, all is now well and good at this end.

Thanks Dave for all you do!!!!!!

ED WA6WGS

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Tuesday, April 7, 2020 1:12 AM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Windows 10 Start menu does not list Commander

+ AA6YQ comments below

I've found that MS virus shield identify CI_V Commander executable as a trojan.

And put C:\DXLab\Commander\CI-V Commander1453.exe in quarantine.
This is the problem: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fWoreflint.A!cl&threatid=2147723317

+ See <https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/FalsePositive>

+ After you satisfy yourself that Commander1453.exe is not infected, direct your anti-malware to "unquarantine" it.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: Commander -- Here we go again!!!

ND9G Mike
 

Can you elaborate on what you did to add DXLab to the exclusion list? Did you add an entire folder, individual files, etc?

I had my first instance of the false positive the other day. I build an exclusion and haven't seen an issue reoccur since.

73,
Mike ND9G


On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:54 AM KY7M Lee <ars.ky7m@...> wrote:

Windows Defender went nuts again today and has totally blocked Commander update and last working exe file.   I had added DXLab to the exclusion list after the last go round.  It won’t even show the old file in my Dropbox on this computer after I added the working Commander.exe file to Dropbox from my other shack computer.

 

What is the permanent fix other than killing Windows 10?  I was able to get the Windows 7 Commander going again because Windows Security Essentials is much more user friendly for restoring blocked files than Defender.

 

73,

Lee, KY7M


Commander -- Here we go again!!!

KY7M Lee
 

Windows Defender went nuts again today and has totally blocked Commander update and last working exe file.   I had added DXLab to the exclusion list after the last go round.  It won’t even show the old file in my Dropbox on this computer after I added the working Commander.exe file to Dropbox from my other shack computer.

 

What is the permanent fix other than killing Windows 10?  I was able to get the Windows 7 Commander going again because Windows Security Essentials is much more user friendly for restoring blocked files than Defender.

 

73,

Lee, KY7M


Re: Import Special event call log into my log

Joe Subich, W4TV
 

When you imported the contest log, did you *check* the Station Callsign
box in the "Replacement Options" filed and enter "N0S"? Did you *ALSO*
*UNCHECK* the "substitute N0FY for missing station callsigns" box in
the "Substitution Options" field if it is checked?

When you export the contest QSOs for LotW, do their "Station Callsign"
say "N0S"?

When you export the contest QSOs for LotW, does the "Station Callsign"
in the "LotW Operations" field on the QSL tab say "N0S"?

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2020-04-07 11:11 AM, Tom Brown wrote:
I should clarify that I don't have any issue with the Import function and have done so before.  It is the fact these QSOs were done under the call N0S which was assigned to me for the contest and not my call N0LF.  I can't seem to get it to work.
I've imported the QSO's
I've setup a station location for NOS, but it pulls call N0FY ( I'm guessing because N0S is a temporary and a sub certificate to N0FY)
I then have filtered the log for this set of QSOs and using the  Add All option it is ready to generate 733 entries.  But it then fails because the call sign is not N0FY.
I know there should be a way to make this work, I'm just not getting there.
Any help is appreciated.


Re: Import Special event call log into my log

ND9G Mike
 

On the import function, look at the Replacement Options panel at the bottom. Check the box, and enter the necessary call, for the Station Callsign, Operator Callsign, and Owner Callsign.

You'll want to turn off the checkboxes in the substitution panel to substitute your callsign for missing values, if they are checked.

73,
Mike ND9G


On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:11 AM Tom Brown <brownmoonster@...> wrote:
I should clarify that I don't have any issue with the Import function and have done so before.  It is the fact these QSOs were done under the call N0S which was assigned to me for the contest and not my call N0LF.  I can't seem to get it to work.
I've imported the QSO's
I've setup a station location for NOS, but it pulls call N0FY ( I'm guessing because N0S is a temporary and a sub certificate to N0FY)
I then have filtered the log for this set of QSOs and using the  Add All option it is ready to generate 733 entries.  But it then fails because the call sign is not N0FY. 
I know there should be a way to make this work, I'm just not getting there.
Any help is appreciated.


Re: Import Special event call log into my log

Tom Brown
 

I should clarify that I don't have any issue with the Import function and have done so before.  It is the fact these QSOs were done under the call N0S which was assigned to me for the contest and not my call N0LF.  I can't seem to get it to work.
I've imported the QSO's
I've setup a station location for NOS, but it pulls call N0FY ( I'm guessing because N0S is a temporary and a sub certificate to N0FY)
I then have filtered the log for this set of QSOs and using the  Add All option it is ready to generate 733 entries.  But it then fails because the call sign is not N0FY. 
I know there should be a way to make this work, I'm just not getting there.
Any help is appreciated.