Date   

Re: PSK31 and Wave output

Dave AA6YQ
 

The first question to ask is how whatever is muting your soundcard
would know that your rig frequency changed. Commander is not aware of
soundcards.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <k3mq@...> wrote:

I can setup PSK31 on Winwarbler and everything works great UNTIL I
change my frequency any amount - my windows sound card Master
Volume
instantly mutes the Wave output. No signal. I can uncheck the mute
box
and transmit fine until the next time I change frequency - mute
again.
All I have to do is touch the vfo, like from 14071.01 to 14071.02.

This happens on all bands. I am using an Icom 756 ProII and Micro
Keyer.

Any suggestions?

Bob - K3MQ


Re: Spot Collector Help Needed

Dave AA6YQ
 

Good. Are the spot source indicators in the Main window's "Spot
Source Status" panel showing green? Did you clear the Spot Database
filter?

If the answer to both of the above questions is yes but no entries
appear in the Spot Database Display, then

1. open the Config window's General tab, and check the "log debugging
info" box

2. terminate SpotCollector

3. start SpotCollector

4. wait 5 minutes

5. open the Config window's General tab, and uncheck the "log
debugging info" box

6. attach the errorlog.txt file from your SpotCollector folder to an
email message and send it to me at aa6yq@ambersoft.com so I can see
what's going on.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck R" <cmrichards1@...> wrote:

--Hi Dave,
Yes the PC is set to correct time and time zone and yes the title
bar
of SpotCollector is showing the correct date and UTC time

Thanks, 73, Chuck, W0WQ

- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernstein" <aa6yq@> wrote:


Yes, setting your PC to the wrong time will interfere with
SpotCollector's ability to determine whether or not an incoming
spot
is valid. This checking is required because the cluster system
occasionally distributes obsolete spots.

Is your PC now set to the correct time and time zone? In the
title
bar of SpotCollector's Main window, is the correct UTC time
displayed?

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck R" <cmrichards1@> wrote:

--Greetings Dave,

The five items you suggested I check are all okay but in the
process
of checking them I recalled that in late 2008 I had wanted to
check
out a date in 2009 and had changed the calender on the computer
and
neglected to reset the year after doing that. When we switched
to
the New Year I noted the incorrect date and changed it to the
correct
date. Well when I click on the report function the notepad
display
has several spots from 12/31/2009 in it so that must be what is
not
allowing current spots to show up. Another observation is that
the
slider at the bottom of the display periodically surges
partially
to
the right apparently when checking for new spots. So my guess
is
that SC is thinking all current spots are old spots because of
the
spots from the bogus time of Dec. 31, 2009. I don't know how
to
correct this error however and would very much appreciate your
help.

Thanks, Chuck, W0WQ



- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@> wrote:

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]On
Behalf
Of
Chuck R
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2009 2:58 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] Spot Collector Help Needed


My SC has stopped displaying spots. I occasionally get a
verbal
spot
but nothing shows up in the printed display. My computer has
a
good
internet connection. I am just not sure what to check out.

Should I uninstall SC and reinstall it?

No. Uninstalling and re-installing is never the right
first
step
in
debugging a DXLab problem; doing so rarely corrects the
problem,
but often
destroys helpful evidence and risks confusing Windows (never
a
good
thing).

Please take a look at the 5 items in
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/EmptyDatabase>

If one of these doesn't get you going, please let me know
and
we'll take
the next step.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: Settings Backup

Dave AA6YQ
 

An application has two components: code, and state.

The code is stored in files with extensions like .exe, .dll,
and .ocx.

State is where your personal data is stored; this includes

1. settings like your callsign, whether or not you're in contest
mode, SQL filter expressions, entity overides, digital mode macros

2. customizations like DXKeeper scripts, personalized band
definitions, personalized mode definitions, your "special callsign"
list, digital mode macro files

3. your log file

4. your spot database file

5. the DXCC, LotW, IOTA, UDAP, Primary Subdivision, Secondary
Subdivision, and Award databases (if you've modified them by adding
or updating entries)

Between operating sessions, DXLab applications save their settings in
the Windows Registry. Customizations, log files, spot database files,
and databases are all stored as files.

The advantage of storing settings in the Windows Registry is that
they are "keyed" to your Windows Login. Thus two ops sharing the same
PC can maintain separate settings for each DXLab application by
logging in to Windows with different user names. I took this one step
further by enabling the Launcher to create Workspaces -- effectively
letting one op define several sets of settings and choose which ones
to use in each operation session -- e.g. one optimized for DXing, and
another optimized for Contesting.

To effectively backup your DXLab installation, you should

1. create a Settings folder in each application folder, e.g.

c:&#92;program files&#92;DXLab Suite&#92;DXKeeper&#92;Settings

c:&#92;program files&#92;DXLab Suite&#92;View&#92;Settings

...

2. Direct the Launcher to save each application's Registry Settings
to a file in the Settings folder you created in step 1


3. Ensure that whatever mechanism you are using to backup your PC is
backing up each of your DXLab applications, e.g.

- everything in c:&#92;program files&#92;DXLab Suite&#92;DXKeeper

- everything in c:&#92;program files&#92;DXLab Suite&#92;DXView


This will ensure that all of your settings and customized files are
backed up. If you lose a couple of these files, you can restore them.
If you lose your entire C: drive, you'll be able to restore
everything, but you'll then have to re-install each DXLab application
in order to properly register the executable components with Windows.

To minimize recovery time in the case of a lost C: drive, use
an "imaging" backup like StorageCraft's ShadowProtect or Norton
Ghost. These record *everything* -- registry settings, data files,
and applications. Were you to wipe your hard drive, you could recover
from the last backup image, and be back to "where you were" without
having to reinstall applications. Both ShadowProtect and Ghost also
let you recover individual files from a backup image. You can
create "full" backup images that store everything, or you can
create "incremental" backup images that only store what's changed
since the previous full backup. Incremental backup images take much
less time to create, but if you must recover, you'll have to first
restore the last full backup, and then restore the last incremental
backup.


If you setup StorageCraft or Ghost to perform a full backup once a
week, with incremental backups each day, then you will never lose
more than a day's worth of log data in the case of complete C: drive
failure. Configuring DXKeeper to make a backup copy of your log file
on a second hard drive or a thumb drive after each operating session
will eliminate the possibility of log data loss in the event of C:
drive failure unless that failure occurs while you are operating --
before you've backed up that session's log data.

The last component of backup to consider is off-site storage. This
protects you against physical destruction of your PC and its backup
mechanism. One form of off-site backup is to burn DVDs and place them
in a safe deposit box at your bank. Another is to use a web-based
service like SOS Online Backup that automatically uploads your
critical files to their server at whatever intervals you specify.

It is well beyond the scope of any DXLab application to provide the
sorts of backup and recovery services described above.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ






--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, Vic <vic.w4vic@...> wrote:

Sorry if my Digest reading puts me behind on this just read 'issue:'

Dave (AA6YQ) wrote:

">>>>Yes: on the Launcher's Config window, you can save each
application's
settings to a file, from which those settings can later be
restored. Be sure
the file is included in your regular backups."
I checked the Help file but didn't get anything that helps me
understand
the above. How does it work? I understand what the Registry Sv
and Ld
buttons do, and the Action ones, too -- but are you saying that the
back-up to be included is that of the entire DXLab program?

I love the auto-backup for LOG, perhaps settings could be included
in
that action? And No, I'm not really sure what I'm asking. Thanks
for
the bandwidth. Vic, W4VIC


Re: Spot Collector Help Needed

Chuck R <cmrichards1@...>
 

--Hi Dave,
Yes the PC is set to correct time and time zone and yes the title bar
of SpotCollector is showing the correct date and UTC time

Thanks, 73, Chuck, W0WQ

- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernstein" <aa6yq@...> wrote:


Yes, setting your PC to the wrong time will interfere with
SpotCollector's ability to determine whether or not an incoming
spot
is valid. This checking is required because the cluster system
occasionally distributes obsolete spots.

Is your PC now set to the correct time and time zone? In the title
bar of SpotCollector's Main window, is the correct UTC time
displayed?

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck R" <cmrichards1@> wrote:

--Greetings Dave,

The five items you suggested I check are all okay but in the
process
of checking them I recalled that in late 2008 I had wanted to
check
out a date in 2009 and had changed the calender on the computer
and
neglected to reset the year after doing that. When we switched
to
the New Year I noted the incorrect date and changed it to the
correct
date. Well when I click on the report function the notepad
display
has several spots from 12/31/2009 in it so that must be what is
not
allowing current spots to show up. Another observation is that
the
slider at the bottom of the display periodically surges partially
to
the right apparently when checking for new spots. So my guess is
that SC is thinking all current spots are old spots because of
the
spots from the bogus time of Dec. 31, 2009. I don't know how to
correct this error however and would very much appreciate your
help.

Thanks, Chuck, W0WQ



- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@> wrote:

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]On
Behalf
Of
Chuck R
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2009 2:58 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] Spot Collector Help Needed


My SC has stopped displaying spots. I occasionally get a
verbal
spot
but nothing shows up in the printed display. My computer has a
good
internet connection. I am just not sure what to check out.

Should I uninstall SC and reinstall it?

No. Uninstalling and re-installing is never the right first
step
in
debugging a DXLab problem; doing so rarely corrects the
problem,
but often
destroys helpful evidence and risks confusing Windows (never a
good
thing).

Please take a look at the 5 items in
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/EmptyDatabase>

If one of these doesn't get you going, please let me know
and
we'll take
the next step.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


PSK31 and Wave output

Bob <k3mq@...>
 

I can setup PSK31 on Winwarbler and everything works great UNTIL I
change my frequency any amount - my windows sound card Master Volume
instantly mutes the Wave output. No signal. I can uncheck the mute box
and transmit fine until the next time I change frequency - mute again.
All I have to do is touch the vfo, like from 14071.01 to 14071.02.

This happens on all bands. I am using an Icom 756 ProII and Micro Keyer.

Any suggestions?

Bob - K3MQ


Re: Entity for TO4X?

Dave AA6YQ
 

I know its a pain, but once you get those QSOs straightened out,
you'll never have to do it again. And DXKeeper does export a country
code (DXCC tag) with each QSO in ADIF files.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, John Hartung w7thy <w7thy@...> wrote:

I just began installations of the DX Lab Suite, and imported my
MixW log over the weekend.  Many of the entries were originally
entered into Log-EQF as far back as 1996.  
 I expect to make the corrections after I work with and learn more
about using DXkeeper.  At least the "punch list" is only four sheets
printed from Notepad.
73,  John Hartung W7THY

--- On Sun, 1/4/09, Dave Bernstein <aa6yq@...> wrote:

From: Dave Bernstein <aa6yq@...>
Subject: [dxlab] Re: Entity for TO4X?
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 10:48 PM






--- In dxlab@yahoogroups. com, John Hartung w7thy <w7thy@> wrote:

It may in fact be accurate!   Just yesterday, I Imported my log and
found that the program would not accept  TO7TZE, TO5M, TO1A, TO5A
AND
TO6T, and several other prefixes. 

Whatever application created the ADIF file you imported failed
to
include a DXCC tag with each of those QSOs. The DXCC tag specifies
the DXCC entity; without it, DXKeeper cannot know what DXCC entity
to
record with each QSO because the TO prefix is ambiguous. When you
say "the program would not accept...", you mean "DXKeeper imported
these QSOs but flagged them as broken", correct? When you view one
of
these QSOs on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, its country code
item
is flashing red. Specify the correct DXCC entity and click the Log
button, and all will be well.

Also, the program would not accept USA calls that end
with /AG, /AA,
etc. which were assigned temporarily by the FCC when individuals
passed their upgrades and were permitted to operate with upgraded
priviledges during the time the exam was passed and when the new
ticket (with or without new call) was issued.

If you import QSOs with US stations that end with /AG or /AA,
these QSOs will be imported correctly if they include a DXCC tag as
described above. If not, they will be flagged as broken; manually
set
their DXCC entity to USA, and all will be well.

Most logging applications do include a DXCC tag in each exported
QSO.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ















[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Re: Update/Registry Issue

Dave AA6YQ
 

No clue, Bob.

Dave


--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "wb2nvr" <wb2nvr@...> wrote:

Thanks, Dave. That resolved the problem.

Any clue what would cause unzip32.dll to disappear?

73,

Bob WB2NVR

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@> wrote:

1. In your Commander folder, make a copy of the file

CI-V Commander749.exe

and name the copy

CI-V Commander.exe


2. In your DXKeeper folder, make a copy of the file

DXKeeper739.exe

and name the copy

DXKeeper.exe


3. In the Launcher's Config folder, restore the program paths for
Commander
and DXKeeper to their original values -- without the version
numbers.


4. the Launcher errorlog you sent me indicates that the file

unzip32.dll

is missing from the Launcher's folder. Without this file, the
Launcher
cannot install or upgrade any DXLab application. You can obtain
this file by
extracting it from

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/Launcher/DXLabLauncher160ManualUpdate.exe

into your Launcher folder.


5. The DXKeeper errorlog you sent me indicates that DXKeeper
cannot
open
your log file because some other application -- perhaps another
instance of
DXKeeper -- has your log file locked. If all else fails,
rebooting
Windows
will terminate whatever application has your log file locked.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ




-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]On
Behalf
Of
wb2nvr
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2009 5:37 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] Update/Registry Issue


Hi Dave - HNY!

I'd appreciate some help with Launcher 1.60, Commander 749, and
DXKeeper 739 on my laptop (DXPedition computer). When I open
Launcher, I see the message that there are updates available.
When
I
click on Config, it shows that Commander and DXKeeper are not
installed. I changed the program path to include the version
number,
and then it shows up as being installed. From the launcher, I can
open commander 749 and DXKeeper 739. When I click on Commander
upgrade on the Launcher Configuration panel, the download is
directed
to C:&#92;Program
Files&#92;DXLabSuite&#92;DXLabLauncher&#92;Downloads&#92;Commander753Update.exe.
When
the download finishes, nothing happens, and nothing is in the
download directory. If I remove the version numbere from the path,
the Upgrade Status reports that the program doesn't exist. The
same
thing happens with DXKeeper upgrade. I think I have a problem
with
the registry entries. Is there any way to check/correct this? I
also had a problem upgrading to Launcher 1.60, and had to add the
160
to the path in the configuration page.

Thanks in advance for your help.

73,

Bob WB2NVR


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links



No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 270.10.2/1873 - Release Date:
1/3/2009
2:14 PM


Re: Spot Collector Help Needed

Dave AA6YQ
 

Yes, setting your PC to the wrong time will interfere with
SpotCollector's ability to determine whether or not an incoming spot
is valid. This checking is required because the cluster system
occasionally distributes obsolete spots.

Is your PC now set to the correct time and time zone? In the title
bar of SpotCollector's Main window, is the correct UTC time displayed?

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck R" <cmrichards1@...> wrote:

--Greetings Dave,

The five items you suggested I check are all okay but in the
process
of checking them I recalled that in late 2008 I had wanted to check
out a date in 2009 and had changed the calender on the computer and
neglected to reset the year after doing that. When we switched to
the New Year I noted the incorrect date and changed it to the
correct
date. Well when I click on the report function the notepad display
has several spots from 12/31/2009 in it so that must be what is not
allowing current spots to show up. Another observation is that the
slider at the bottom of the display periodically surges partially
to
the right apparently when checking for new spots. So my guess is
that SC is thinking all current spots are old spots because of the
spots from the bogus time of Dec. 31, 2009. I don't know how to
correct this error however and would very much appreciate your
help.

Thanks, Chuck, W0WQ



- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@> wrote:

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]On
Behalf
Of
Chuck R
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2009 2:58 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] Spot Collector Help Needed


My SC has stopped displaying spots. I occasionally get a verbal
spot
but nothing shows up in the printed display. My computer has a
good
internet connection. I am just not sure what to check out.

Should I uninstall SC and reinstall it?

No. Uninstalling and re-installing is never the right first
step
in
debugging a DXLab problem; doing so rarely corrects the problem,
but often
destroys helpful evidence and risks confusing Windows (never a
good
thing).

Please take a look at the 5 items in
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/EmptyDatabase>

If one of these doesn't get you going, please let me know and
we'll take
the next step.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: Settings Backup

Dave AA6YQ
 

Exactly. Let the mouse cursor hover over each one, and you'll see a
more effusive description.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Art Burke" <aburkefl@...> wrote:

I'm back. Took a quick peek at the CONFIG in the Lab Launcher. Are
you referring to the "Sv" and "Ld" buttons for the registry that
appear out to the right of the application names?

Art - N4PJ

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Art Burke" <aburkefl@> wrote:

Thanks. Guess I never thought of SQLs as being "settings."

Art - N4PJ

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@> wrote:

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]On
Behalf Of
Art Burke
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2009 2:29 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] Settings Backup


After learning more and more slick stuff with SQLs, I now have
my
filters so advanced I have to wear a seat belt when I fire up
DXLabs!

It dawned on me a couple of days ago - is there any way to back
up
all
those SQLs so a change of PCs or a (gasp!) crash won't
obliterate
everything?

Yes: on the Launcher's Config window, you can save each
application's
settings to a file, from which those settings can later be
restored. Be sure
the file is included in your regular backups.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: Settings Backup

Victor Culver
 

Sorry if my Digest reading puts me behind on this just read 'issue:'

Dave (AA6YQ) wrote:

">>>>Yes: on the Launcher's Config window, you can save each application's
settings to a file, from which those settings can later be restored. Be sure
the file is included in your regular backups."
I checked the Help file but didn't get anything that helps me understand the above. How does it work? I understand what the Registry Sv and Ld buttons do, and the Action ones, too -- but are you saying that the back-up to be included is that of the entire DXLab program?

I love the auto-backup for LOG, perhaps settings could be included in that action? And No, I'm not really sure what I'm asking. Thanks for the bandwidth. Vic, W4VIC


Re: Entity for TO4X?

Art Burke <aburkefl@...>
 

It's against the law to be that funny!

Thanks for the QSO in the RTTY RU this past weekend. Now that I've
finally figured out some of the shortcuts, I'll try to be a little
more friendly next time!

I found it a pita to use the mouse to click on the Tx button in the
digital interface window. Finally, in frustration, I gave up, browsed
the manual, looking for keyboard shortcuts - discovered it's the same
shortcut key (I'm talkingg N1MM here) as for CW - CTRL + K.

Art - N4PJ

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "FireBrick" <w9ol@...> wrote:

Can't
remember when the "/city" suffix practice was discontinued,
but
I'll bet it was a long time ago.

Art - N4PJ
I'm so old...whey I upgraded I had to use /cave.


Re: Entity for TO4X?

John Hartung w7thy
 

I just began installations of the DX Lab Suite, and imported my MixW log over the weekend.  Many of the entries were originally entered into Log-EQF as far back as 1996.  
 I expect to make the corrections after I work with and learn more about using DXkeeper.  At least the "punch list" is only four sheets printed from Notepad.
73,  John Hartung W7THY

--- On Sun, 1/4/09, Dave Bernstein <aa6yq@ambersoft.com> wrote:

From: Dave Bernstein <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Subject: [dxlab] Re: Entity for TO4X?
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 10:48 PM






--- In dxlab@yahoogroups. com, John Hartung w7thy <w7thy@...> wrote:

It may in fact be accurate!   Just yesterday, I Imported my log and
found that the program would not accept  TO7TZE, TO5M, TO1A, TO5A AND
TO6T, and several other prefixes. 

Whatever application created the ADIF file you imported failed to
include a DXCC tag with each of those QSOs. The DXCC tag specifies
the DXCC entity; without it, DXKeeper cannot know what DXCC entity to
record with each QSO because the TO prefix is ambiguous. When you
say "the program would not accept...", you mean "DXKeeper imported
these QSOs but flagged them as broken", correct? When you view one of
these QSOs on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, its country code item
is flashing red. Specify the correct DXCC entity and click the Log
button, and all will be well.

Also, the program would not accept USA calls that end with /AG, /AA,
etc. which were assigned temporarily by the FCC when individuals
passed their upgrades and were permitted to operate with upgraded
priviledges during the time the exam was passed and when the new
ticket (with or without new call) was issued.

If you import QSOs with US stations that end with /AG or /AA,
these QSOs will be imported correctly if they include a DXCC tag as
described above. If not, they will be flagged as broken; manually set
their DXCC entity to USA, and all will be well.

Most logging applications do include a DXCC tag in each exported
QSO.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: DXKeeper Capture Contest Mode Not Showing Previous QSOS

Jack Regan
 

Dave,

Thanks again for the quick response.

Capture was in fact showing previous QSOs with the ARRL-RTTY contest id
in 2009! My problem was self created! I was not in contest mode for the
first 12 qsos that I made during the contest! It was only those
stations that did not show previous qsos made during the contest!

Of course this is the way it should be!

Jack, AE6GC

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <ae6gc@...> wrote:

I am in the RTTY RU and noticed that Capture window does not show
previous QSOS. As no dupes are allowed in this test this is
inconvenient.

I am only running Keeper. No Commander, no WW.

If I take Capture out of Contest Mode, then QSOs are shown.

In Capture mode, Keeper shows FILTER:ARRL-RTTY QSOs with xyNZZ but
does
not filter the call sign but if I click on CALL it will then show the
previous QSOS and show FILTER: xyNZZ.

Is this normal?

Jack AE6GC


Re: Entity for TO4X?

FireBrick <w9ol@...>
 

tom toms were for Generals
us novices had to use hollowed logs and only one club

On 1/5/2009 8:35:58 AM, JV (jv@kt4u.org) wrote:
GM Bill
Yeah, and you had to send CW using a Tom Tom, hi hi
JV
-------Original Message-------
From: FireBrick
Date: 05-Jan-09 9:24:18 AM
To: DXLabs List
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Re: Entity for TO4X?

Can't
remember when the "/city" suffix practice was discontinued,
but
I'll
bet it was a long time ago.

Art - N4PJ
I'm so old...whey I upgraded I had to use /cave.
------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links
------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links


Re: Entity for TO4X?

JV <jv@...>
 

GM Bill
Yeah, and you had to send CW using a Tom Tom, hi hi
JV

-------Original Message-------

From: FireBrick
Date: 05-Jan-09 9:24:18 AM
To: DXLabs List
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Re: Entity for TO4X?

Can't
remember when the "/city" suffix practice was discontinued,
but
I'll bet it was a long time ago.

Art - N4PJ
I'm so old...whey I upgraded I had to use /cave.




------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links


Re: Entity for TO4X?

FireBrick <w9ol@...>
 

Can't
remember when the "/city" suffix practice was discontinued,
but
I'll bet it was a long time ago.

Art - N4PJ
I'm so old...whey I upgraded I had to use /cave.


Re: Entity for TO4X?

Art Searle W2NRA <w2nra@...>
 

Hey Art, me too (Extra test in 1980). April 9, 1980 I went to the Varick St FCC office in Manhattan with a good friend of mine, Grant Mitchell, N4GM SK, ex-KA2DIV. I had met Grant on the air. as my 4th QSO as a Novice in 1979. We both got our Novice Licenses in January 1979. He moved to Florida and passed away in 2005. He was a great CW operator!

73 Art W2NRA
"Keep to the Code!"
w2nra.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Art Burke" <aburkefl@comcast.net>


In 1980 when I passed my Extra at the Tampa FCC office, I was
given /TP to append to my calls until I received my new license.

Obviously, by today's rules, you can being operating with your
newest privileges as soon as your new status appears in the FCC ULS
listings.

Can't remember when the "/city" suffix practice was discontinued,
but I'll bet it was a long time ago.

Art - N4PJ

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Danny Douglas" <n7dc@...> wrote:

Dave I seem to remember something about "temporary" calls that
consisted of the hams previous call, with a stoke and a suffix
indicating the PLACE where the test was given. IE WN5URK/SEA
= Seattle! That might cause a probelm? I believe I heard a lot
of those overseas, during one period (think it was between 68-75 but
not sure.)
Danny Douglas
N7DC
ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA
SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB
All 2 years or more (except Novice)
Pls QSL direct, buro, or LOTW preferred,
I Do not use, but as a courtesy do upload to eQSL for
those who do.
----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Bernstein
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2009 11:48 PM
Subject: [dxlab] Re: Entity for TO4X?


--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, John Hartung w7thy <w7thy@> wrote:

It may in fact be accurate! Just yesterday, I Imported my log
and
found that the program would not accept TO7TZE, TO5M, TO1A,
TO5A AND
TO6T, and several other prefixes.

>>>Whatever application created the ADIF file you imported
failed to
include a DXCC tag with each of those QSOs. The DXCC tag
specifies
the DXCC entity; without it, DXKeeper cannot know what DXCC
entity to
record with each QSO because the TO prefix is ambiguous. When
you
say "the program would not accept...", you mean "DXKeeper
imported
these QSOs but flagged them as broken", correct? When you view
one of
these QSOs on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, its country code
item
is flashing red. Specify the correct DXCC entity and click the
Log
button, and all will be well.

Also, the program would not accept USA calls that end
with /AG, /AA,
etc. which were assigned temporarily by the FCC when individuals
passed their upgrades and were permitted to operate with
upgraded
priviledges during the time the exam was passed and when the new
ticket (with or without new call) was issued.

>>>If you import QSOs with US stations that end with /AG or /AA,
these QSOs will be imported correctly if they include a DXCC tag
as
described above. If not, they will be flagged as broken;
manually set
their DXCC entity to USA, and all will be well.

>>>Most logging applications do include a DXCC tag in each
exported
QSO.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: Update/Registry Issue

wb2nvr <wb2nvr@...>
 

Thanks, Dave. That resolved the problem.

Any clue what would cause unzip32.dll to disappear?

73,

Bob WB2NVR

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@...> wrote:

1. In your Commander folder, make a copy of the file

CI-V Commander749.exe

and name the copy

CI-V Commander.exe


2. In your DXKeeper folder, make a copy of the file

DXKeeper739.exe

and name the copy

DXKeeper.exe


3. In the Launcher's Config folder, restore the program paths for
Commander
and DXKeeper to their original values -- without the version
numbers.


4. the Launcher errorlog you sent me indicates that the file

unzip32.dll

is missing from the Launcher's folder. Without this file, the
Launcher
cannot install or upgrade any DXLab application. You can obtain
this file by
extracting it from

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/Launcher/DXLabLauncher160ManualUpdate.exe

into your Launcher folder.


5. The DXKeeper errorlog you sent me indicates that DXKeeper cannot
open
your log file because some other application -- perhaps another
instance of
DXKeeper -- has your log file locked. If all else fails, rebooting
Windows
will terminate whatever application has your log file locked.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ




-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf
Of
wb2nvr
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2009 5:37 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] Update/Registry Issue


Hi Dave - HNY!

I'd appreciate some help with Launcher 1.60, Commander 749, and
DXKeeper 739 on my laptop (DXPedition computer). When I open
Launcher, I see the message that there are updates available. When
I
click on Config, it shows that Commander and DXKeeper are not
installed. I changed the program path to include the version
number,
and then it shows up as being installed. From the launcher, I can
open commander 749 and DXKeeper 739. When I click on Commander
upgrade on the Launcher Configuration panel, the download is
directed
to C:&#92;Program
Files&#92;DXLabSuite&#92;DXLabLauncher&#92;Downloads&#92;Commander753Update.exe.
When
the download finishes, nothing happens, and nothing is in the
download directory. If I remove the version numbere from the path,
the Upgrade Status reports that the program doesn't exist. The same
thing happens with DXKeeper upgrade. I think I have a problem with
the registry entries. Is there any way to check/correct this? I
also had a problem upgrading to Launcher 1.60, and had to add the
160
to the path in the configuration page.

Thanks in advance for your help.

73,

Bob WB2NVR


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links



No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 270.10.2/1873 - Release Date:
1/3/2009
2:14 PM


Re: Settings Backup

Art Searle W2NRA <w2nra@...>
 

Dave, I think this only partially covers backing up SQLs. You're assuming that all of the SQLs that Art created are in the 16 setup within DXKeeper. I store many more than that in DXKeeper's Script folder. So, savings registry settings isn't going to get those SQLs. I have my computer set to automatically backup the entire DXLab Suite folder to a USB drive everyday. I also have DXKeeper set to backup my database to that same drive every time I close the program.

73 Art W2NRA
"Keep to the Code!"
w2nra.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>


AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of
Art Burke
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2009 2:29 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] Settings Backup


After learning more and more slick stuff with SQLs, I now have my
filters so advanced I have to wear a seat belt when I fire up DXLabs!

It dawned on me a couple of days ago - is there any way to back up all
those SQLs so a change of PCs or a (gasp!) crash won't obliterate
everything?

Yes: on the Launcher's Config window, you can save each application's
settings to a file, from which those settings can later be restored. Be sure
the file is included in your regular backups.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: Spot Collector Help Needed

Chuck R <cmrichards1@...>
 

--Greetings Dave,

The five items you suggested I check are all okay but in the process
of checking them I recalled that in late 2008 I had wanted to check
out a date in 2009 and had changed the calender on the computer and
neglected to reset the year after doing that. When we switched to
the New Year I noted the incorrect date and changed it to the correct
date. Well when I click on the report function the notepad display
has several spots from 12/31/2009 in it so that must be what is not
allowing current spots to show up. Another observation is that the
slider at the bottom of the display periodically surges partially to
the right apparently when checking for new spots. So my guess is
that SC is thinking all current spots are old spots because of the
spots from the bogus time of Dec. 31, 2009. I don't know how to
correct this error however and would very much appreciate your help.

Thanks, Chuck, W0WQ



- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@...> wrote:

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf
Of
Chuck R
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2009 2:58 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] Spot Collector Help Needed


My SC has stopped displaying spots. I occasionally get a verbal
spot
but nothing shows up in the printed display. My computer has a good
internet connection. I am just not sure what to check out.

Should I uninstall SC and reinstall it?

No. Uninstalling and re-installing is never the right first step
in
debugging a DXLab problem; doing so rarely corrects the problem,
but often
destroys helpful evidence and risks confusing Windows (never a good
thing).

Please take a look at the 5 items in
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/EmptyDatabase>

If one of these doesn't get you going, please let me know and
we'll take
the next step.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

142081 - 142100 of 205884