Date   

Re: User Defined Controls for TS-590S and TS-990S

harrytheham@...
 

Paul, thanks. I did that last night and implemented some of them (NB, NR, Meter, Data and Menu).  The meter implementation takes a dog's age to go from SWR to ALC, ALC to COMP, COMP back to SWR. The other functions work well.

That aside, I'm trying to figure out how to implement PF A and PF B functions that I set up on the TS-590S. For example, the PF A is configured as TX TUNE for a 20 watt carrier for my external tuner.  PF B is configured for the TX MONI.  I have a grasp as how to write the commands for other functions, but unclear how to do it for the PF functions.

thanks,

Harry WE1X


Re: User Defined Controls for TS-590S and TS-990S

Paul NN4F
 

Harry,

Look in the files section on the yahoo group here, I added a full zip of controls for the TS-590S

Paul - NN4F



User Defined Controls for TS-590S and TS-990S

harrytheham@...
 

Has anyone created User Defined Controls for either the TS-590S and/or T-990S?  Apart from those listed in the files section I could benefit from implementing TX Moni and PF A and PF B functions.  I'm looking over the CAT documentation for both radios, but a bit unclear how to implement, especially the PF functions.


thanks..Harry


Re: Multiple Configurations of Fldigi-DXLab Gateway

harrytheham@...
 

Figured it out!


Re: Win 10 14352 DDE Dead Again

Dave AA6YQ
 

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 1:46 AM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Win 10 14352 DDE Dead Again

Hi Dave,

Yes, of course, I understand. I'm just frustrated with MS on several fronts at the moment; this is just one more on the pile.

It's not like they aren't aware of the need / requirement. The On Again / Off Again is the annoying part.

The easy solution is as you say, stick with a know good release or simply opt-out of the developer ring, but it should not have to
be that way for something they are clearly aware of.

Long term, I'm wondering how long they plan to keep DDE around.

Given the Enterprise usage, I'd say "years after they announce its demise -- if they ever make such an announcement".
73,

Dave, AA6YQ



On 5/26/2016 23:27, ' Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@ambersoft.com [dxlab] wrote:


AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 12:27 AM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Win 10 14352 DDE Dead Again

Indeed. I've been on *Nix for the last few days, however, this evening
I dropped into Windows to install Visual Studio 2015 and Azure, only
too find the standard network bog was going (fast ring download, what
an oxymoron that is). After the re-boot(s), DDE was DOA again.

This is really annoying.

They don't call it the "bleeding edge" for no reason, Greg. If you
want a reliable Windows 10 installation, I'd stick with build 14342.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

On 5/26/2016 22:19, Sebastian w4as@bellsouth.net [dxlab] wrote:


Yesterday (5-26-16) Microsoft made available Windows 10 Build
14352.rs1_release.160552-1930 for those on the Fast Ring of the
Windows Insider program.

DDE is once again not functioning.

I believe this is significant, not only because it was working with
the last release after not working for several other releases, but
because there is talk that Microsoft will be releasing Redstone 1 (or
Windows 10 Anniversary Update) sometime in July, to the general public.

It is believed that Redstone 1 is feature-locked and the focus will
now be on bug fixes and stabilization.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS

------------------------------------

------------------------------------


------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links


Re: Win 10 14352 DDE Dead Again

Greg Beam <ki7mt01@...>
 

Hi Dave,

Yes, of course, I understand. I'm just frustrated with MS on several fronts at the moment; this is just one more on the pile.

It's not like they aren't aware of the need / requirement. The On Again / Off Again is the annoying part.

The easy solution is as you say, stick with a know good release or simply opt-out of the developer ring, but it should not have to be that way for something they are clearly aware of.

Long term, I'm wondering how long they plan to keep DDE around.


73's
Greg, KI7MT

On 5/26/2016 23:27, ' Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@ambersoft.com [dxlab] wrote:


AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 12:27 AM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Win 10 14352 DDE Dead Again

Indeed. I've been on *Nix for the last few days, however, this evening I
dropped into Windows to install Visual Studio 2015 and
Azure, only too find the standard network bog was going (fast ring
download, what an oxymoron that is). After the re-boot(s), DDE
was DOA again.

This is really annoying.

They don't call it the "bleeding edge" for no reason, Greg. If you
want a reliable Windows 10 installation, I'd stick with build
14342.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

On 5/26/2016 22:19, Sebastian w4as@bellsouth.net [dxlab] wrote:


Yesterday (5-26-16) Microsoft made available Windows 10 Build
14352.rs1_release.160552-1930 for those on the Fast Ring of the
Windows Insider program.

DDE is once again not functioning.

I believe this is significant, not only because it was working with
the last release after not working for several other releases, but
because there is talk that Microsoft will be releasing Redstone 1 (or
Windows 10 Anniversary Update) sometime in July, to the general public.

It is believed that Redstone 1 is feature-locked and the focus will
now be on bug fixes and stabilization.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS


Re: Win 10 14352 DDE Dead Again

Dave AA6YQ
 

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 12:27 AM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Win 10 14352 DDE Dead Again

Indeed. I've been on *Nix for the last few days, however, this evening I dropped into Windows to install Visual Studio 2015 and
Azure, only too find the standard network bog was going (fast ring download, what an oxymoron that is). After the re-boot(s), DDE
was DOA again.

This is really annoying.

They don't call it the "bleeding edge" for no reason, Greg. If you want a reliable Windows 10 installation, I'd stick with build
14342.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ




On 5/26/2016 22:19, Sebastian w4as@bellsouth.net [dxlab] wrote:


Yesterday (5-26-16) Microsoft made available Windows 10 Build
14352.rs1_release.160552-1930 for those on the Fast Ring of the
Windows Insider program.

DDE is once again not functioning.

I believe this is significant, not only because it was working with
the last release after not working for several other releases, but
because there is talk that Microsoft will be releasing Redstone 1 (or
Windows 10 Anniversary Update) sometime in July, to the general public.

It is believed that Redstone 1 is feature-locked and the focus will
now be on bug fixes and stabilization.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS


------------------------------------

------------------------------------


------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links


Re: Win 10 14352 DDE Dead Again

Greg Beam <ki7mt01@...>
 

Indeed. I've been on *Nix for the last few days, however, this evening I dropped into Windows to install Visual Studio 2015 and Azure, only too find the standard network bog was going (fast ring download, what an oxymoron that is). After the re-boot(s), DDE was DOA again.

This is really annoying.

73's
Greg, KI7MT

On 5/26/2016 22:19, Sebastian w4as@bellsouth.net [dxlab] wrote:


Yesterday (5-26-16) Microsoft made available Windows 10 Build
14352.rs1_release.160552-1930 for those on the Fast Ring of the Windows
Insider program.

DDE is once again not functioning.

I believe this is significant, not only because it was working with the
last release after not working for several other releases, but because
there is talk that Microsoft will be releasing Redstone 1 (or Windows 10
Anniversary Update) sometime in July, to the general public.

It is believed that Redstone 1 is feature-locked and the focus will now
be on bug fixes and stabilization.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS


Win 10 14352 DDE Dead Again

Sebastian <w4as@...>
 

Yesterday (5-26-16) Microsoft made available Windows 10 Build 14352.rs1_release.160552-1930 for those on the Fast Ring of the Windows Insider program.

DDE is once again not functioning.

I believe this is significant, not only because it was working with the last release after not working for several other releases, but because there is talk that Microsoft will be releasing Redstone 1 (or Windows 10 Anniversary Update) sometime in July, to the general public.

It is believed that Redstone 1 is feature-locked and the focus will now be on bug fixes and stabilization.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS


Re: Copy CW

Peter Laws / N5UWY
 

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 10:22 PM, ' Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@ambersoft.com
[dxlab] <dxlab@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

+++ No one has ever reported a problem with this.
Not exactly comforting. :-)


Looks like MS still has a KB article about it. VB6 apps are supported
natively despite VB6's age but it appears you need to jump through
hoops (and here, I am sympathetic to MS' position) to run VB5 apps ...

https://support.microsoft.com/EN-US/kb/180071


--
Peter Laws | N5UWY | plaws plaws net | Travel by Train!


Re: SpotCollector hide modes

Dave AA6YQ
 

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 11:04 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] SpotCollector hide modes

Is it possible to hide spots of modes that I am not using?

Yes: depress the CTRL key while clicking the Filter panel's Mode button. Then uncheck the boxes associated with the modes you're
not using.

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/SpotDatabase.htm#Filtering by Band, Mode, Continent, and Origin>

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: Copy CW

Dave AA6YQ
 

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 10:29 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Copy CW


After installing CwGet and the bridge I too had the error that MSVBVM50.DLL is missing.

I later downloaded MSVBVM50.DLL and threw it in the CwGet directory and it's happy now.

MSVBVM50.DLL must be present in a place where the CWGet-to-WinWarbler bridge can find it.
73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Re: Copy CW

Dave AA6YQ
 

+++ more AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 9:13 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Copy CW

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 1:35 PM, ' Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@ambersoft.com [dxlab] <dxlab@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I would like to run this but I worry when I see things on the page like "You will need the Visual Basic 5.0 runtime environment on your computer" (with an URL that has "win98" in the path) and "Testing on a Windows 7 computer produced mixed results. "

I strongly suspect that having any DXLab application installed fulfills this prerequisite.
+++ My suspicion was incorrect. MSVBVM50.DLL must be present.


I don t recall anyone ever reporting a problem here, nor has my testing revealed any problems.


Finally getting around to setting this up.

Running the bridge fails with a message about not having the VB5 runtime ("The program can't start because MSVBVM50.DLL is missing from your computer.")

DXLab Suite is all current, CwGet is v2.37 (I just updated it from
2.36 but it fails either way). Windows 7 Enterprise.

Given that VB6 -- VB5's successor -- was "retired" by MS nearly a decade ago, what are the risks associated with running software this old? (VB5, not the CwGet bridge)

+++ No one has ever reported a problem with this.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


SpotCollector hide modes

Sebastian <w4as@...>
 

Is it possible to hide spots of modes that I am not using?

If not, can an SQL expression be run automatically upon running SpotCollector?

73 de Sebastian, W4AS


Re: Copy CW

Joe - W9RF
 

Dave,


After installing CwGet and the bridge I too had the error that MSVBVM50.DLL is missing.

I later downloaded MSVBVM50.DLL and threw it in the CwGet directory and it's happy now.

Maybe it's a "path" issue?


73,

W9RF - Joe







From: "Peter Laws plaws0@... [dxlab]" To: "dxlab@..."
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 8:12 PM
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Copy CW

 
On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 1:35 PM, ' Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@...
[dxlab] wrote:
>
> I would like to run this but I worry when I see things on the page like "You will need the Visual Basic 5.0 runtime environment on your computer" (with an URL that has "win98" in the path) and "Testing on a Windows 7 computer produced mixed results. "
>
>>>>I strongly suspect that having any DXLab application installed fulfills this prerequisite. I don’t recall anyone ever reporting a problem here, nor has my testing revealed any problems.

Finally getting around to setting this up.

Running the bridge fails with a message about not having the VB5
runtime ("The program can't start because MSVBVM50.DLL is missing from
your computer.")

DXLab Suite is all current, CwGet is v2.37 (I just updated it from
2.36 but it fails either way). Windows 7 Enterprise.

Given that VB6 -- VB5's successor -- was "retired" by MS nearly a
decade ago, what are the risks associated with running software this
old? (VB5, not the CwGet bridge)

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY | plaws plaws net | Travel by Train!



Re: Copy CW

Peter Laws / N5UWY
 

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 1:35 PM, ' Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@ambersoft.com
[dxlab] <dxlab@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I would like to run this but I worry when I see things on the page like "You will need the Visual Basic 5.0 runtime environment on your computer" (with an URL that has "win98" in the path) and "Testing on a Windows 7 computer produced mixed results. "

I strongly suspect that having any DXLab application installed fulfills this prerequisite. I don’t recall anyone ever reporting a problem here, nor has my testing revealed any problems.

Finally getting around to setting this up.

Running the bridge fails with a message about not having the VB5
runtime ("The program can't start because MSVBVM50.DLL is missing from
your computer.")

DXLab Suite is all current, CwGet is v2.37 (I just updated it from
2.36 but it fails either way). Windows 7 Enterprise.

Given that VB6 -- VB5's successor -- was "retired" by MS nearly a
decade ago, what are the risks associated with running software this
old? (VB5, not the CwGet bridge)


--
Peter Laws | N5UWY | plaws plaws net | Travel by Train!


Multiple Configurations of Fldigi-DXLab Gateway

harrytheham@...
 

I've successfully got Fldigi and DXLab Suite working nicely together using the Fldigi-DXLab Gateway. My TS-590S, Fldigi and Commander, DXView, etc. work just fine.


I made another configuration of Fldigi for my other rig, a TS-990.  However, I'm at a loss as how to create a second Gateway configuration to launch Fldigi for the 990. Or is it possible that one Gateway configuration will allow you to select a specific Fldigi configuration?


Any help is appreciated.


Thanks,


Harry WE1X


Re: Error Messages improvement

Dave AA6YQ
 

The message

"you are about to overwrite QSO information in the Capture window; should this information be logged before it is overwritten (note: frequency, band, and mode may have changed)? Click Cancel to stop the overwrite"

appears in a message window that should appear on top of all other windows, though you can obscure it by subsequently moving another window on top of it. If you click the Main or Capture window's title bar, this message window will re-appear.

You can disable the appearance of this window by unchecking the "Prompt on Capture overwrite" box in the "Capture options" panel on the Configuration window's General tab.

73,

Dave,l AA6YQ

-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 8:37 AM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] Re: Error Messages improvement



Dave

I am always in a hurry trying to salvage the event and don't read it. Typically, something from capture window either failing to log something (like asking if I want to upload to Club log when it is set to do it automatically) or I try to log a new qso before finishing the prior one and logging it. (it is asking if I want to overwrite something).

I will look at the message next time.

Don
WB6BEE


Re: Preventing Poor Performance on Win 10

Dave AA6YQ
 

if one of your DXLab applications is not present,

1. click the "Change Settings" button

2.. click the "Allow another app... "' button, and use the "Browse" button in the "Add an app" window that appears to select the filename of DXLab application in question

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 3:15 PM
To: DXLab
Subject: [dxlab] Preventing Poor Performance on Win 10

I've just gone over the Wiki document pertaining to the subject.
Configuring the Windows Firewall went as described, however, I only found three DXLab apps in the approved list. They were Commander, Keeper, and SpotCollector.

Para 3 b of the above Wiki document says "locate each of your DXLab applications in the Allowed Apps" etc.

I do not understand why only three apps appear, if this is incorrect, how do I get the remainder in the approved list.

Disabling Cortana, and preventing Windows 10 from using your pc to update other PC's went as described.

73, Pete N4KW


Re: DXLab support for the new Elecraft KX2

Dave AA6YQ
 

I've emailed you the new version of Commander. Please let me know how it goes; thanks!

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

-----Original Message-----
From: David F. Reed [mailto:w5sv.dave@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 8:51 AM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Cc: 'Wayne Burdick'; Dave
Subject: Re: [dxlab] DXLab support for the new Elecraft KX2


I am expecting mine today and happy to test it out...

73 de Dave, W5SV


On 5/26/16 00:09, ' Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@ambersoft.com [dxlab] wrote:
I have extended Commander to support the new Elecraft KX2, described
below by Wayne N6KR. If you have a KX2 and are willing to test this new Commander version, please let me know and I'll send it
your way.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 1:34 PM
Subject: [Dev] Programmer's reference now covers new KX2 transceiver

In case you missed it, we just started shipping a new transceiver, the KX2. It's essentially a half-size KX3, weighing just 13 oz.
Same architecture as the KX3, same display, same DSP features, but
80-10 m, 10 W, SSB/CW/data. Has an internal 2.6 Ah lithium-ion battery and internal wide-range ATU, as well as a digital voice
recorder, built in mic, and other new features.

Many people told us it was the "hit of Dayton," which was nice to hear
after all the hard work :)

73,
Wayne
N6KR





------------------------------------
Posted by: " Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
------------------------------------


------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links


49681 - 49700 of 208010