Re: urlmon.dll & IE9 issue FIXED!!!!!!!!!

Richard B Drake

That's really weird Joe. I suppose you know that IE9 was released on March 14, 2011 and Platform Preview 2 of IE10 was retested just 3 months later on June 29, 2011. I think MS is rushing to beat down the competition from Chrome and Firefox and in their haste are releasing a bunch of buggy junk. A replay of Windows ME here?

73, Rich - W3ZJ

Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

Updates aren't the only place that IE9 can get messed up ... my
Win7/64 system was a "clean" install with IE8. However, Windows
*thinks* that IE9 is installed, I can't "update" to IE9 and can
not "uninstall" IE9 <G>.

Fortunately, the installed IE8 works with DXLab so I've hidden IE9
updates in Windows Update and will leave it that way until I go
through one of the periodic format/reinstall cycles (probably when
I replace the old ATA drives with faster devices).