Re: Monitoring Data Exchanges of DXLab controlled devices ?

Joe Subich, W4TV

I use PstRotatorAZ from YO3DMU

<http://www.qsl.net/yo3dmu/index_Page346.htm>

which is excellent and and works well with DXView. Like Dave, Codrut
is very receptive to suggestions for updates and improvements.
I believe Cordut has recently extended PstRotatorAz to support the
SteppIR and included support to the 180 degree capability. Check
it out.

On 9/10/2011 8:11 AM, Rich - W3ZJ wrote:
There is no feedback from your rotator controller to DXView. DXVIew
simply sends the rotate command to the controller and assumes that it is
accepted and carried out. If you want feedback, install the N1MM rotator
control application or PstRotatorAZ. I use PstRotatorAZ from YO3DMU

<http://www.qsl.net/yo3dmu/index_Page346.htm>

which is excellent and and works well with DXView. Like Dave, Codrut is
very receptive to suggestions for updates and improvements.

73, Rich - W3ZJ

3t3 wrote:
Dave -

OK - got it. Thanks.

A couple of final Qs about this.

1) Is the communication between DXView and the rotator 'assumptive' or
'confirmatory'. What I mean by that is: does DXView either look for an
ACK (acnoledgement signal) from the rotor control box, or request a
confirmatory 'pointer readout' back from the rotor control boxes after
it sends the command to the rotor to rotate ?

2) Is there any documented description of the communication protocol
(the actual 'payload' data exchanges - [not the standard RS-232 protocol
of start/stop parity etc] ) used between DXView and the various brands
of RS-232 rotor control boxes ?

Terry McCarty
3t3@...
wa5nti