Re: SpotCollector startup not possible when spots DB open.

g4wjs

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, Rich - W3ZJ <rich@...> wrote:

I just opened my Spots database with MS Access and then opened it with
SpotCollector. SpotCollector did put up a message box saying that the
spots database could not be opened for compaction but as soon as I
dismissed that message box by clicking OK, SpotCollector continued to
open normally.
Hi Rich,
thanks for trying that. I don't know what happened the first time I tried it because I got the SC failed to start after 180s message. I have just tried again and you are quite correct in that SC does seem to start that message is dismissed.

73, Rich - W3ZJ

g4wjs wrote:
Hi,

I suspect this is more of a feature request than an issue unless there is already an option.

I wish to have an application access the Spots database for read, independently of the DXlab suite. I am hitting a small problem which I think is because SpotCollector is trying to compact the spots database on startup. Spot collector refuses to start if the database is already open (even in read only deny none mode).

Is it possible to allow SpotCollector to start without trying to compact the spots database?

73
Bill.

73
Bill.