Re: DOK's and User-defined items

kk1w2000 <kk1w@...>

Phil,

I'm no expert on 'user defined fields' and even less with DOK but
perhaps I can help?

I've set up some user-defined fields in my log to track SOTA mountains
(Summits On The Air). I track the peak numbers, callsign used and
whether I was an activator or chaser. Then, with many error filled
attempts, I managed a few SQL searches that pull just SOTA or subsets of
SOTA out of my log. Not knowing much about DOK will any of this perhaps
work for you?

If so I can send you via email some screen shots of how I set up the
'user-defined' fields and examples of the SQL searches. I'm guessing you
would need, at the very least, one field marking a QSO as verified for
DOK? Maybe more if you're trying to track the ones you've worked but not
verified?

Maybe someone else more knowledgeable will chime in but if not email me
off list and we'll see what we can work out.

'73...
Jim/KK1W
kk1w@...

--- In dxlab@..., "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@...> wrote:

Dave and the group,

Thanks for the answer Dave. I realised that there was no DOK vfy, and
so I
assumed it would be by using the "user-defined" items, but I have to
admit
being rather dumb concerning the whole user-defined items section
within
DXK.

I cannot work out how to accomplish this at all. I've tried the help,
but
that only seems to tell me what type of data I can put in the fields,
and I
just can't work out what to put where.

Is there anyone here that can help me in setting up the USER-DEFINED
items
so that I can set those confirmed DOK's, on a per-band basis?

Some things I can work out (eventually), but this, like databases, is
complete mystery to me.
As I said before, I don't want to play, and subsequently make a mess
of my
logbook entries, as I have almost 70k contacts in there!

Any help would be much appreciated!

73 de Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 110721-0, 21/07/2011
Tested on: 21/07/2011 18:28:23