From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
g4wjs
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 10:22 AM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] Re: eQSL/LotW Uploads via ADIF, finishing the job

snip<
WADR Dave, I don't see anything in the docs about setting eQSL_sent
status to 'Y' when using the export to ADIF method, other than what is
implied by the following statement:
After logging into eQSL.cc, upload the file you just exported. Since
eQSL.cc does not presently provide a means of verifying that a QSO has
been successfully uploaded, you must inspect the upload report and
manually reset the eQSL Sent, eQSL Date Sent, and eQSL Rcvd fields for
each QSO that was rejected.
Except that QSO records have their eQSL_sent field set to 'R' after
export, so that statement is wrong because you need to change every
successfully uploaded QSO so that eQSL_sent is 'Y'. Otherwise I believe
that a subsequent batch queue operation for eQSL will attempt to resend
all the QSOs via the QSL queue.

You're right, Bill, the documentation is inconsistent with the
implementation. I'm thinking that it may be better to have the "Export to
eQSL.cc" option change each exported QSO's "eQSL QSL Sent" item to 'Y'
rather than leave it set to 'R'.
That does seem to be a reasonable implementation given that the majority of QSOs in the ADIF batch will successfully upload to eQSL and, as the docs currently state, the (few) failures will need to be backed out. This would seem to be least work for the user. It's a shame that eQSL don't provide a machine readable report from an ADIF upload that could be used to sync the outgoing status automatically.

I haven't tried a LotW ADIF upload, can I assume the same issues exist there too?

Bill.