From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of
g4wjs
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:23 AM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] Re: eQSL/LotW Uploads via ADIF, finishing the job

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave AA6YQ" aa6yq@ wrote:

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of
g4wjs
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2011 6:25 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] eQSL/LotW Uploads via ADIF, finishing the job

Hi,

I have just uploaded a log to eQSL using an exported ADIF file since
there
were quite a few entries. Everything seems OK except I am left with
the
eQSL_sent field for each log record exported as 'R'. How do I shift
them
'S'?

First backup your log using the Backup button on the
Configuration
window's Log tab. Then make sure that all of the QSOs you uploaded
are
present in the "Log Page Display" (click the Filter panel's X button
remove any filtering). Finally, use the "Modify QSOs" panel on the
Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window:

1. set the "Item ADIF Field Name" selector to
APP_DXKEEPER_EQSL_QSL_SENT

2. set the "Item New Value" selector to Y

3. click the Mod button
OK, thanks for that Dave. I thought there might be a one button
solution
like the normal QSL queue route. Perhaps a comment in the
documentation
where ADIF is explained for larger submissions to LotW and eQSL saying
that
the batch modification facility should be used to update the xQSL_sent
fields from 'R' to 'Y' after the submission is completed. Obviously a
further note is also needed to warn users that failed submission
records
must be left at 'R' or otherwise dealt with.

Had you set the Options panel to "Export ADIF for eQSL.cc" before
clicking the Start button on the Main window's "Export QSOs" tab,
those
steps would have been accomplished automatically. For a description of
this,
see

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Export.htm#Exporting to
eQSL.cc>

This "Export to eQSL.cc" option is mentioned in the first sentence
of

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/QSL.htm#QSLing via eQSL.cc>
WADR Dave, I don't see anything in the docs about setting eQSL_sent
status to 'Y' when using the export to ADIF method, other than what is
implied by the following statement:
After logging into eQSL.cc, upload the file you just exported. Since
eQSL.cc does not presently provide a means of verifying that a QSO has
been successfully uploaded, you must inspect the upload report and
manually reset the eQSL Sent, eQSL Date Sent, and eQSL Rcvd fields for
each QSO that was rejected.
Except that QSO records have their eQSL_sent field set to 'R' after
export, so that statement is wrong because you need to change every
successfully uploaded QSO so that eQSL_sent is 'Y'. Otherwise I believe
that a subsequent batch queue operation for eQSL will attempt to resend
all the QSOs via the QSL queue.

Bill.