Re: eQSL/LotW Uploads via ADIF, finishing the job

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
g4wjs
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:23 AM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] Re: eQSL/LotW Uploads via ADIF, finishing the job

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@...> wrote:

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
g4wjs
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2011 6:25 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] eQSL/LotW Uploads via ADIF, finishing the job

Hi,

I have just uploaded a log to eQSL using an exported ADIF file since there
were quite a few entries. Everything seems OK except I am left with the
eQSL_sent field for each log record exported as 'R'. How do I shift them
'S'?

First backup your log using the Backup button on the Configuration
window's Log tab. Then make sure that all of the QSOs you uploaded are
present in the "Log Page Display" (click the Filter panel's X button to
remove any filtering). Finally, use the "Modify QSOs" panel on the
Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window:

1. set the "Item ADIF Field Name" selector to APP_DXKEEPER_EQSL_QSL_SENT

2. set the "Item New Value" selector to Y

3. click the Mod button
OK, thanks for that Dave. I thought there might be a one button solution
like the normal QSL queue route. Perhaps a comment in the documentation
where ADIF is explained for larger submissions to LotW and eQSL saying that
the batch modification facility should be used to update the xQSL_sent
fields from 'R' to 'Y' after the submission is completed. Obviously a
further note is also needed to warn users that failed submission records
must be left at 'R' or otherwise dealt with.

Had you set the Options panel to "Export ADIF for eQSL.cc" before
clicking the Start button on the Main window's "Export QSOs" tab, those
steps would have been accomplished automatically. For a description of this,
see

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Export.htm#Exporting to eQSL.cc>

This "Export to eQSL.cc" option is mentioned in the first sentence of
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/QSL.htm#QSLing via eQSL.cc>