Re: Label Counter

Dave AA6YQ

### AA6YQ

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Jay" <PCB4U@...> wrote:

Dave

And that's another method I have used....refeed the sheet and use the "used"
count...but this extra process could be removed by a label counter telling
me how many are left for that one sheet (I only have a 1 sheet feed). Not
having to preview and then figure out how many more envelopes to pull (which
is a guess as I have no real idea how many Q's are in each
envelope...averaging 1-2) to finish the one label sheet would be great.

What I see as a possible addition, since I can only do one sheet at a time,
is a "view" into how many labels remain for that one sheet when I do an ADD
into the print queue. Feeding and re-feeding is extra time when dealing with
31K Q's so I do previews over this feed/refeed method.

The average DXer may not need this but a QSL manager could use as it helps
him to see what's going on versus having to check the print preview with a
boxes of envelopes next to him.

Just a suggestion.....
### I still don't understand what you need.

### My QSLing for 8P9RY involves fewer cards than your operation, but let me describe my workflow:

1. when a stack of incoming cards is available, use the Call filter to locate each QSO in the log and the CTRL-ALT-C keyboard short cut to mark it confirmed (if the info on the card matches the info in my log)

2. load the printer with card stock

3. on the Main window's QSL tab,

3a. set the "QSL Via" panel to "Cards"

3b. click "Add Requested" to populate the QSL Queue with newly-confirmed QSOs

3c. click "Print QSL cards"

4. separate the cards (they're printed 4 to a sheet) with a paper cutter

5. insert each card into its SASE

### Were I printing labels instead of cards, my workflow would be

1. when a stack of incoming cards is available, use the Call filter to locate each QSO in the log and the CTRL-ALT-C keyboard short cut to mark it confirmed (if the info on the card matches the info in my log)

2. load the printer with 3-column label sheets

3. on the Main window's QSL tab,

3a. set the "QSL Via" panel to "3-column labels"

3b. click "Add Requested" to populate the QSL Queue with newly-confirmed QSOs

3c. specify the number of missing labels on the first label sheet

3d. click "Print QSL labels"

4. affix each label to a QSL card

5. insert each card into its SASE

### What's your workflow?