Re: RTTY setup problems

wc5m <wc5m@...>

Dave,

I made a mis-statement in my post below. I am keying the rig via CAT and just using the interface to get audio to the rig.

Mark
WC5M

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "wc5m" <wc5m@...> wrote:

Dave,

I was having this trouble a week or two ago and still haven't resolved the problem.

Until recently I ran RTTY on my Icom 746Pro with a Kantronics KAM PLUS TNC set up for FSK keying. The TNC alway gave me intermittent problems so I decide to switch to WinWarbler's MTTY engine for transmit. I am using a Tigertronics Signalink USB interface for keying the transmitter via the 6-pin data port.

I cannot seem to find a WW setup that works properly. With WW set up to put the rig in RTTY mode I can key the rig and hear the audio but only get a carrier. No other tones.

If I switch the settings to LSB Digital I can apparently key the rig, but hear no tones in my speaker. It appears that unless I set the rig up in RTTY mode only the wide filter is usable. The narrower filters are not centered around the mark and space indicator lines in WW. What am I doing wrong?

Mark WC5M