And we ’re all good fellows together.
John O’Keefe
Merry Christmas!

On 2010-12-24 15:50, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of
Bill, W6WRT
Sent: Friday, December 24, 2010 12:40 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [dxlab] DXKeeper 9.1.9 is available

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:40:45 -0500, Rich - W3ZJ<rich@w3zj.com> wrote:

Dave it doesn't quite fit here on my Dell 1905FP at 1280 X 1024. Close,
but no cigar. You have to position it slightly off screen to either the
left or right. Positioning it slightly off to the left doesn't cut off
anything vital other than the window border.
REPLY:

Same thing here. No matter what resolution I set, the width of DXKeeper
is about 1/8 of an inch too much in the two-column mode. I'm using a
Gateway 17" monitor about five years old and I suspect it is over
scanning by about that much. In the olden days with a CRT monitor you
could adjust the horizontal size but with this one I don't see a way.

Any one know of a fix other than getting a widescreen monitor?

Changing DXKeeper to "scrunch" things horizontally would reduce
readability for the many users with monitors wider than 1280 pixels.

My suggestion to users with 1280 pixel monitors who prefer the new
two-column mode is to position the Main window's left margin off-screen to
the left by a quarter inch or so; you'll lose a little bit of the New
button, but as long as you can still click the Sort panel's UTC button, you
won't be losing any functionality on the left side, and should be able to
select any of the vertical array of panel selection boxes in the upper right
corner.