Re: MyQTH Rig field

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...]On Behalf Of
Steve
Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2009 11:02 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: [dxlab] MyQTH Rig field

Hi Dave,

I have temporarily changed rigs while my primary transceiver is being
repaired. I see in the MyQTH table a field named "Rig."

How does one make use of the "Rig" field to indicate a specific piece of
equipment from among several that may be available? I'm still at the
same QTH, just a different transceiver.

Say you have three transceivers: an TS-2000, IC-7000, and an FT-950. You
would create three "my QTH" definitions:

Charleston-2000

Charleston-7000

Charleston-950

The items in these three "my QTH" definitions would be identical except
for the Rig item, which would contain TS-2000, IC-7000, and FT-950
respectively.

The "Default QTH ID" selector on the Config window's Log tab would let
you choose the "my QTH" that specifies the transceiver currently in use.

The advantage of doing this, compared to a user-defined item, is that the
information is stored in standard ADIF-defined field (MY_RIG), and thus is
more likely to be accepted by other logging applications -- which I
understand may not be a consideration. As they say, "I'm just sayin".