----- Original Message -----
From: "Art Burke" <aburkefl@comcast.net>

In 1980 when I passed my Extra at the Tampa FCC office, I was
given /TP to append to my calls until I received my new license.

Obviously, by today's rules, you can being operating with your
newest privileges as soon as your new status appears in the FCC ULS
listings.

Can't remember when the "/city" suffix practice was discontinued,
but I'll bet it was a long time ago.

Art - N4PJ

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Danny Douglas" <n7dc@...> wrote:

Dave I seem to remember something about "temporary" calls that
consisted of the hams previous call, with a stoke and a suffix
indicating the PLACE where the test was given. IE WN5URK/SEA
= Seattle! That might cause a probelm? I believe I heard a lot
of those overseas, during one period (think it was between 68-75 but
not sure.)
Danny Douglas
N7DC
ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA
SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB
All 2 years or more (except Novice)
Pls QSL direct, buro, or LOTW preferred,
I Do not use, but as a courtesy do upload to eQSL for
those who do.