Re: waterfall problem and unable to update (need help)

Dave AA6YQ

Yes, this is a real hair-puller. Unfortunately, I know of no good diagnostic
tools for this class of problem.

From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...]On Behalf Of
steven wendt
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 9:04 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: RE: [dxlab] Re: waterfall problem and unable to update (need
help)

I uninstalled launcher and reinstalled it.� firewall and anti-malware is
turned off and still no joy.� when in launcher i can still get to website
thru launcher but no auto update are available.� N9OI who is helping me at
this end is pulling his hair out and he is an IT guy.

never got your responce , thats why i asked again.

steve
�KB9RDS

From: steven wendt <kb9rds@sbcglobal. net>

To: dxlab@yahoogroups. com

Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 8:32 PM

Dave,

Will send error log to the address supplied.� We have disabled Firewall,

virus protection, anti-spyware software and still no joy.�

Steve

From: Dave Bernstein <aa6yq@ambersoft. com>

To: dxlab@yahoogroups. com

Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 8:23 PM

Attachments aren't conveyed here, Steve; you can send me the errorlog

via aa6yq@ambersoft. com .

I'd have been surprised if uninstalling and reinstalling the Launcher

solved this problem. The Launcher is being prevented by some agent on

your PC from downloading a file via the internet.

You did try disabling the Windows Firewall, right?

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups. com, steven wendt <kb9rds@...> wrote:

Have done some more experimenting here with the following results.

1)� Uninstall the Launcher program

2)� Downloaded and re-installed the Launcher program

3)� Ran program and captured the error log (it is attached to this

e-mail).

4)� Saw the -1 errors for the two calls to GetReleaseInfo, cut and

pasted both URL's directly into the browser, both files come up o.k.

I am still having no other internet problems, only this one program

Any and all help appreciated.

Steve, KB9RDS

Checked by AVG.

9:44 AM