Re: SpotCollector - Spot Origin?

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...] On Behalf Of Bill
Henderson
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 4:24 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: [dxlab] Re: SpotCollector - Spot Origin?

Hi

Thanks to both of you for getting back so soon.

When working the likes of 80m or 40m it's often useful to know where the
spot came from to help you decide whether or not a contact is likely.

The ODX column in the Spot Database Display shows the distance between
your QTH and the spotting station; this is quite helpful in judging the
"relevance" on the spot. The Band filter optionally lets you specify a
"maximum distance to closest spotting station" for each band.

I don't want to limit SpotCollector to Europe or Africa because the
situation
is different on higher bands - as is the time of day or time of year or time
of 11 year solar cycle...

The Band filter optionally lets you establish "begin" and "end" times for
each band, and if desired tie these to local sunrise and sunset times.

Am I allowed another question on another topic? Does DxLabs cater for DXCC
Satellite. I just had my fist 2 way qso via satellite this afternoon (hi).

Congrats on the Satellite QSO! Yes, you can log Satellite QSOs and upload
them to LotW; you should appropriately set the Propagation Mode, Satellite
Name, and Satellite Mode on the Config window's Defaults tab prior to
working a Satellite pass; then you return to ionospheric QSOs, restore these
settings.

To assess your DXCC Satellite process, filter the Log Page Display with

PROP_MODE='SAT'

and then generate a DXCC progress report.