From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Earl Needham
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2007 11:50 AM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [dxlab] The YU's

At 09:38 AM 8/19/2007, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

I admit that I am a big ignorant of Eastern European
geography and politics -- is yesterday's Yugoslavia
today's Serbia?

For DXCC, Serbia is the "surviving entity" of what was formerly
Yugoslavia.

I have logged contacts with YU7GW, YU4EBL, YU1FJK, and
YU2DV.
The area represented by YU7 and YU1 is currently Serbia. YU2 is
now 9A (Croatia) and YU4 is now E7/T9 (Bosnia-Herzegovina).

OOH!!! OOH!!!

Does this mean I can claim those countries on the basis of
my confirmed contacts with those parts of Yugoslavia? Or is it just
the one deleted entity?

Thanks,
Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham