Re: The YU's

Earl Needham <needhame1@...>

At 09:38 AM 8/19/2007, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

I admit that I am a big ignorant of Eastern European
geography and politics -- is yesterday's Yugoslavia today's Serbia?
For DXCC, Serbia is the "surviving entity" of what was formerly
Yugoslavia.

I have logged contacts with YU7GW, YU4EBL, YU1FJK, and
YU2DV.
The area represented by YU7 and YU1 is currently Serbia. YU2 is
now 9A (Croatia) and YU4 is now E7/T9 (Bosnia-Herzegovina).

OOH!!! OOH!!!

Does this mean I can claim those countries on the basis of my confirmed contacts with those parts of Yugoslavia? Or is it just the one deleted entity?

Thanks,
Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk