From: Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Friday, August 5, 2022 10:15 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Farthest contact made

+ AA6YQ comments below

Thanks for adding me to the group.

+ Welcome to DXLab, Paul!

Is there way to get a quick snapshot or indication of the farthest contact made?

+ If each of your logged QSOs has its DISTANCE item populated, then

1. on the Configuration window's Log tab, check the "Log Panels" panel's Details box; this will make the Details panel visible on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab so that you can see the currently-selected QSO's distance

2. on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, click the "Adv" button above the Log Page Display; the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window will appear

3. in the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window's "User-defined Sorts" panel, type

DISTANCE desc

into the wide textbox with a 1 to its left, and then click the Select button to its right; you now have a "user-defined sort" in descending order of DISTANCE

4 in the Sort panel at the lower-left corner of the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, click the User button to select your "user-defined sort"

+ The top-most entry in the Log Page Display has the longest distance, which is displayed in the Details panel above Log Page Display.

+ If you add a DISTANCE column to the Log Page Display, you'll be able to see the DISTANCE items of each QSO in the Log Page Display; see

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LogPageDisplayConfiguration

+ To restore the Log Page Display's sort order to "chronological", click the Sort panel's UTC button.

+ If some or all of your logged QSOs do not specify a DISTANCE item, DXKeeper can compute them for you en masse; if you'd like to do this, let me know and I'll show you how.