Re: ODX / OMDX / ?

I'm trying to understand the difference between ODX and OMDX.

Looking at:

KX4I on 50313.0 in FT8 at 8/4/2022 1510Z (K: United States)

ODX is shown as 325 and OMDX is 500.

Looking at the definitions -- well, I just don't "get it".

ODX: the distance from the center of the Maidenhead gridsquare of the closest station to spot the DX station and the Operator's latitude and longitude in miles or kilometers; if no DX station or spotting station gridsquare is known, this value is set to -1 (displayed as a blank entry in the Spot Database Display)

OMDX: the maximum distance from the center of the Maidenhead gridsquare of the closest station to spot the DX station and the Operator's latitude and longitude in miles or kilometers

Does this mean that ODX is the distance from me to the center of the gridsquare the spotting station is in? And how can the maximum be a different value if both reference the center of his gridsquare?

+ The ODX field is as you describe it: the distance from the center of the Maidenhead gridsquare of the closest station to spot the DX station and the Operator's latitude and longitude.

+ SpotCollector's "Band Filter" window provides the ability to specify a "Max origin DX" for each band. You can, for example, configure this filter to hide active 6m stations that haven't been spotted by at least one station within 500 miles of your QTH.

+ When SpotCollector creates or updates a Spot Database Entry for a station operating on band B, it consults the "Band Filter" window to see if "Enable Start/End & Max Origin DX Filtering" is enabled, and if it is enabled for band B. If so, the Entry's OMDX field is populated with the "Max origin DX" specified for band B in the "Band Filter" window; if not, the Entry's OMDX field is set to the circumference of the earth. Thus when filtering the Spot Database Display with the Band Filter, any Spot Database Entry whose ODX field is greater than its OMDX field should be hidden.

+ I have updated the description of OMDX in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/SpotDatabase.htm#SDB%20OMDX

+ to better describe its functionality. Thanks!