Re: Connecting a 2nd transceiver to Commander?

Larry K8UT

Dave W0RX,

>My next step is to improve my antenna switching as I cannot listen on both rigs simultaneously yet.
{shameless plug follows}
The latest version of the freeware FreqEZ Band Decoder supports DXLab's MultiRadio feature with SO2R Radio 1 and Radio 2 antenna switching.

-larry (K8UT)

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 7/31/2022 1:14:53 PM
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Connecting a 2nd transceiver to Commander?

I use a Flex 6400M and an Icom 7610.  Just set up as per DXLab documentation and they both work flawlessly.  I also use a MicroHam u2R for the control lines.  Everything plays great together.  I use the Flex for digital modes (WSJT linked via Commander)and the Icom 7610 for CW. (Mostly!)  My next step is to improve my antenna switching as I cannot listen on both rigs simultaneously yet.

vy 73, Dave, w0rx

On 7/31/2022 11:50 AM, w2eck wrote:
My main radio is a Flex 6600 and has worked fine for a long time with Commander. I have added a FTDX10 to the shack that I also want to control with Commander. I have read thru the "Controlling Multiple Radios"  and Primary Cat Port Switching in the manual , but am hesitant to start some of those steps, not wanting to mess up the settings for the Flex. Also not sure if once setup, if I can have both radios running with CDR at the same time?
Can anyone who might be running two different radios share some of their experiences?
73 Paul w2eck

-- 
vy 73, Dave, w0rx

Join DXLab@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.