Re: Question

d_ziolkowski

Dave-
I had the same issue when I upgraded Commander to 15.4.4. After the update, a control sequences file did load, but it was not the same control sequences that were present before the update.
The file that loaded was saved under Multiradio/user-defined control sets, radio 1. The file itself was in Commander/control sets.

 I searched for the proper file, but could not find one, could it have been deleted? I looked at backups I have and found none. I then took Commander back  a version and all was back to the proper sequences.

I reviewed all the documentation, but I did not find a solution. One question I had was if a control set file was needed if only one radio was set up, I could not find an answer. In the past I had 2 radios set up, now only only, an FT450.

Then I updated again, commander 15.4.4 still opened with the wrong sequences. Finally I did a workspace restore and the proper sequences were there. But I still can't find the proper control sequence file. If there is a file of the sequences I cannot locate it. I believe it should be under Commander/control sets.

I might add this has never happened before when I upgraded Commander, all sequences loaded without issue.

So it seems like they are saved in the registry?

All is good now, but I do want to create a proper control sequences file, hope to get to it in a few days.
This did happen a couple weeks ago, hopefully I recreated the sequence of events faithfully.

Thanks Dan KC2STA

On Tue, Jul 5, 2022 at 5:07 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
Are you loading a workspace at startup? If so, update that workspace
before closing but *after* you have recreated all of your user defined
controls.
+ User-defined controls are stored in files, so it should only be necessary to restore each "lost" control by reloading it from the appropriate file. Then terminate Commander and update your Workspace with your Commander settings, as Joe W4TV has suggested.

Dan Ziolkowski KC2STA
SKCC #4290T
Ubuntu LINUX